I want to teach, where next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjg1

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm extremely interested in becoming an educator. I have been in the industry 12 years and im so passionate about my career. I am just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with what I'd need to do next. I know I need to do teacher training but where would I get the information from to enrol? Also are there any recognised companies to go with or is it just a general qualification?
Sorry if I sound a bit dumb I just want to go down the right route!
When I started out I did basic certificates then found CND and wished I'd just gone with them in the first place!
Any advice much appreciated :)

Hi,

What do you mean by educator? - From what I understand you can either be a trainer or a teacher.
A trainer is somebody that works with brands such as CND and goes round spas educating therapists in the brand and how to use it, if this is what you want to do I'd suggest you get into contact with your favourite brands, or brands you have experience with using to get more information.
If its teaching students in public or private colleges you'd like to get into then you'll need to do your PTLLS first (preparing to teach in the life long sector), there's a few of these certificates to follow - CTLLS and DTLLS. ** However I the name has now changed for this certificate to level 3 in education and training, CTLLS for level 4 E and T and so on.** If you type in PTLLS into google you should find lots of institutes offering the certificate.
You can then progress on to do a PCGE (post graduate certificate of education) which is a university degree - this isn't essential though! Assessor qualifications are also very handy to have as they go hand in hand with your PTLLS, CTLLS etc!!

I really hope this helped and isn't too baffling haha! The best thing you can do is google PTLLS courses and you'll find all the course options that follow on from this, this is definitely the perfect starting point though.

Charlotte x

Thank you very much. Yes it makes sense. I'm not too sure yet on if I want to teach in a public/private college or for a specific brand so think I will search PILLS. Thank you for your help. I just had no idea where to go to find out what to do next xx

Latest posts

Back