I was accidentally too helpful and now I'm paying for it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Holly

Reaction score
Rant post warning [emoji23][emoji87][emoji85]

I finished my nail tech course a couple of years ago and have since turned into a devout CND shellac groupie [emoji23] oh dear haha!! Our tech teacher was absolutely lovely and has a FB group just for her past students to post in if we have questions, or if she needs "Guinea pigs" for future students.

A few weeks ago I had a friend ask in the group about different types of art, and how to apply it, as she doesn't do nails at all after doing her course and rarely used nail art.

I replied, and when she mentioned it was actually for a "friend" also doing the course (through a different, online, provider) and if I minded her putting said trainee onto me, I stupidly agreed.

Que the most irritating decision I've made this year [emoji23] I started promptly receiving messages at earliest 10pm at night asking about the different types of products. Okay, fair enough - I won't lie when I did my course I was a bit confused by "hard gel" and "soft gel" and how soak off gel and shellac WEREN'T the same product.

Then came the flood of questions; how do you remove hard gel? Amongst others, and by far the worst "how do you SANITISE your equipment?" [emoji27]

After a week of messages well after 10pm I replied with "doesn't your course cover this?"
And got the prompt reply "yes but I thought it was easier to ask you"

Que devil horns - really, REALLY? I've done my course, I don't need to go back and do yours [emoji35][emoji49] and I don't mean that in a cocky "I have nothing else to learn" I mean that in a "I already did all the assessments you're asking me about and don't need to do your introduction to bail enhancements too"

So today she starts advertising that she's doing "shellac manicures with opallac", promptly sent her a inbox with a friendly "hey those nails look great, but just a heads up shellac is patented by CND" - well, apparently now that she's finished her nail course she no longer needs "help" and is "well aware that opallac is actually shellac and doesn't care anyway" (insert sigh and eyeroll) last time I'm replying to HER messages [emoji23]

It sounds like the original 'friend' realised what a pain in the derrière she was going to be and dumped her onto you.

Oh well, you live and learn. ;)

Yes hahaha what a lazy obnoxious sod [emoji23]

Can you block her messages? Might make you feel protected from her in the future
Bad experience but console yourself that she won't be successful if she is poor at her nails . Clients won't go back for a second service.

Latest posts

Back