I wonder why I bother!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysalis

Reaction score
Really someone here asks for advice, I give it as I am extremely well qualified to do that then because other geeks don't like my advice the thread is closed.
I find that sooo rude when I'm trying to be involved in this community and enjoy the forum, however I'm finding it a little too clicky!
So goodbye everyone it was fun while it lasted :)

I'm sorry Chrysalis but from what I have read, Geeg was right. Even though it might look like staining which it does, we are not allowed to diagnose and so they need to go to the GP if they want to or are worried about it. X

I think there are lots of people with different views and debate and discussion is a good thing on the forum.

Taking things to heart and reading into something that isn't there is a regular acurance on this site.

I think I know the post you are talking about the toe nail one.If it is that one then nothing was said that was clicky or not nice you may be a nurse and have seen fungal infections and so on but even the best doctors get illnesses wrong amd I think what people were saying is that you could be wrong and without seeing the person and taking clipping or swabs you will not difinetavly know what it is regardless of weather you have been doing the job for years.

My mums toe nail lookes like this exactly and hers was just staining from her using red polish no base coat lol naughty mum.

Don't take it personally and cut your nose off to spite your face.you will miss out on all good things on here.

I didnt see the thread but I agree - dont take it to heart.

For what its worth, as a nurse you are prob right, however, the person looking for the advice is not qualified to give the advice and so would be best to say "it appears to be XYZ, however to be on the safe side do make an appointment with your GP or visit your local pharmacy for a medical opinion".

But stick with it, opinions weather agreed with are not are important to building up a good picture of how people see things :) :hug:

Really someone here asks for advice, I give it as I am extremely well qualified to do that then because other geeks don't like my advice the thread is closed.
I find that sooo rude when I'm trying to be involved in this community and enjoy the forum, however I'm finding it a little too clicky!
So goodbye everyone it was fun while it lasted :)

It certainly was not that your advice wasn't 'liked', just that we as nail techs do not diagnose, and certainly not from viewing a picture on the Internet.
I closed the thread giving my views which I thought were quite plain and straightforward. If you have an issue regarding this then feel free to PM me or start a thread in My Forum where the moderator team can go over any issues you may have.
As this would render this thread obsolete, I will also close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back