I would like advice on my business name too!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teena_B

Reaction score
Hey people!

I've missed you guys! My 'puter decided to have a heart attack and die every time I tried to run any program or connect to the net over the last 3 days, so I've had to give it a good kickin', smother it in jam, and poke it in the eye with my cuticle pusher just to get it going again!

Anyway, while I couldn't get on the net I had a brainwave of a name for my business. I like Frenchie in Grease, I like the Pink Ladies, I still want a pink uniform, so I thought why not 'Pinkies' or 'Pinkies Plus' ('cos I do other treatments too). However when I got back on the net, I noticed a couple of people have Pinkies either as their screen name or as part of it.

So I'm asking if anyone knows of any reason why I cannot use this name for my mobile business in Norwich? If anyone is using it in other areas I can't see it affecting them, I don't wanna be a big company, just me! I still wanna be Teena_B on the Geek forums, so there wouldn't be any confusion there.

I don't wanna upset anyone, so if someone really takes exception to my business being called either of these names, let me know. I'd appreciate a reply within the next two days as I have to get my grant application in, and the business name has to go on there.

Thanks people!

UPDATE: Actually I'm probably gonna call my business 'Pinkies Plus', 'cos I did a search on Yell.com and it came up with 3 pages of Pinkies or Pinky's, so it looks like there's several anyway! None of them were 'Pinkies Plus' tho'!

I once new a guy who named his business "pampered pandies".
Pampered Pinkies ???
But nothin wrong with Pinkies+ (like the former nail magazine).

geeg said:
I once new a guy who named his business "pampered pandies".
Pampered Pinkies ???
But nothin wrong with Pinkies+ (like the former nail magazine).
I didn't know there was a mag called that! When did it stopbeing published?

you crack me up! poke it in the eye with a cuticle pusher!:lol:

perfect pinkies
pinkies & pamper, or why not go the whole hog and call your self,
the pink lady

i love greece too and i always thought rizzo is the best always use to be singing there are worst things i could do!
shame that if you called yourself beauty school drop out people would get the wrong impression!

Wow, 'The Pink Lady'!

I love that!
Pampered Pinkies is a good one too! Good Luck x

luckybird21 said:
you crack me up! poke it in the eye with a cuticle pusher!:lol:

perfect pinkies
pinkies & pamper, or why not go the whole hog and call your self,
the pink lady

i love greece too and i always thought rizzo is the best always use to be singing there are worst things i could do!
shame that if you called yourself beauty school drop out people would get the wrong impression!
Hey, I always sung beauty school dropout! I wondered if I could cope with full-time college at 34 years old, but I did it!:cool: So the song's NOT about me! YAY!:green:

I love the ideas that you are working with but again, same as for Marc, the names arent telling anybody that you do nails - i realise "pinkies" is fingers but it wouldnt immediately spring out at someone (imo). Maybe try to incorporate something "nail" in there??

Just thought i'd let you know that I did a search for Pink Lady and could only find one registered and that was in Tunbridge Wells so you should be okay. There are a couple on the internet but they seem to be fancy dress places, and strangely a sex shop!!!

I used to be 'Posh Pinkies' had my mini all sign written (see post about car graphics in chit chat) and covered with pigs!! I collect pig stuff and thought of the pinky and perky connection.........but most people thought i was something to do with SAUSAGES!!! lol, I sold the mini to a man who wanted all the pigs and writing left on! so if you live in preston and see a white mini covered in pigs and trotter marks it used to be mine! LOL

I have only ever placed one advertisment for my business, that was in Yellow Pages and it brought in LOADS of work. My clients used to tell me that they turned to the Nails section in the yellow pages and because I my business name was Cameo Nails then they saw my add as one of the first in the coloum. People tend to start ringing as soon as they find what they are looking for and so hey presto, I had lots of phone calls.

Now dont everybody start naming their buisnesses AAAAAAAA Nails etc. in the hope of being first in the ads section.
Val

Without wishing to be poked with a cuticle pusher......

I love Pinkies+

Could you also do a little underwrite so it says...

Pinkies +
Nails and Beauty Treatments

Sounds good to me though!

Good luck

Taz
x

I too love Pinkies + but agree with Carole that you want to signify what you do. How about Pinkies + (Health & Beauty) x

CreativeMad said:
Without wishing to be poked with a cuticle pusher......

I love Pinkies+

Could you also do a little underwrite so it says...

Pinkies +
Nails and Beauty Treatments

Sounds good to me though!

Good luck

Taz
x
So here we have it! Thanks to every1, I was very tempted by the suggestions, but I still like Pinkies +, and I agree that I need to let people know what I do, so I'm going with

Pinkies+
Nails & Beauty'.

(Thanks CreativeMad!)
You're all so lovely, I'm gonna keep my cuticle pusher for what it was intended for!:biggrin: (Unless my computer starts acting up again:evil: .)

Latest posts

Back