IBD bonder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher Seirios

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a little confused over IBD's bonder
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394970369.306051.jpg

I'm new to IBD and my friend is using the one at the right(white bottle), it needs to be cured under theUV lamp, but the wholesaler said that IBD change the bonder and sold me the one at the left(black bottle), it's like a primer and no need to be cured under the UV lamp.

But I don't really trust him, can anyone tell me which bonder is the right one for builder gel, not the soak off. Thanks^^

Before I trained to use ibd hard gel I used to use the powerbond under just gel polish on people prone to lifting , I use the white bottle now with their hard gels as this is how I was shown when I trained. Maybe some one else will be along with more info soon xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Before I trained to use ibd hard gel I used to use the powerbond under just gel polish on people prone to lifting , I use the white bottle now with their hard gels as this is how I was shown when I trained. Maybe some one else will be along with more info soon xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot Georgie, that's what I suspect it to be, it feels very alike with some bonder of gel polish, luckily I haven't used it on client. My colleague believe the wholesaler even after I told her what I suspect. We don't have IBD educator that's why we are so lack of information.

When I bought my starter kit some years ago, it came with the bonder in the white bottle and this was for hard gels. the power bond is the newer version and doesn't need curing ( I think this may have been released along with the just gel polish ) im sure you can use either. I have both.

When I bought my starter kit some years ago, it came with the bonder in the white bottle and this was for hard gels. the power bond is the newer version and doesn't need curing ( I think this may have been released along with the just gel polish ) im sure you can use either. I have both.

Thanks Jojo, but I thought gel polish and hard gel are totally different things and the bonder should be different too, like Harmony they only use PH Bond with Gelish, the acrylic and hard gel have different primer. Have you used the power bond for the builder gel before? Does it last?

Usually if a brand offers a newer version usually they will discontinue the older one, that's why when I checked the IBD website, the prime bonder is still there and the power bond is no where to be seen then I'm so confused that I immediately post a tread here.... Lol

To be honest, I've haven't tried the Power Bond with my hard gel as I'm trying to use up my Bonder. I'm not qualified yet so only do gels on myself and my best friend , so it's taking a while to use up lol. I have definitely seen somewhere, probably on here, that you can use power bond for both. Definitely don't think I heard it from wholesaler as they'll tell me any old nonsense lol they sold me Nubar top coat when they'd sold out of ibd and said it'd be fine and it was terrible!

The one in the brown bottle, Power Bond is for use before applying the IBD Just Gel polish base coat, the other one is for using with enhancements

Many thanks Tinkabel, Jojo, and Georgie, I shall return the product and ask for the powerbond with the wholesaler, you all helped me so much .Muacks ^3^

Latest posts

Back