ibd clear gel natural overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisewell

Reaction score
I have a client who wants just clear natural overlays. IBD recommend that you use two layers of clear gel (not clear builder gel). Do you think this would be strong enough just putting two thin layers of clear gel (which cures in 30 seconds each layer) then topcoating as I would have thought that clear builder gel would give better strength. Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

It depends on the client. When I used IBD I would just do a layer of clear gel over my nails. If the nails were quite long or the client was rough with them I would use a builder gel.

It depends on the client. When I used IBD I would just do a layer of clear gel over my nails. If the nails were quite long or the client was rough with them I would use a builder gel.

Hi, I am new. but as I know IBD clear gel is not good for overlay using. it's not soft enough, and chips easily. you can try softer clear gel on base, and then IBD on the top, it will be better i think.

I have IBD extreme clear builder on my nails. Its fab, been on over 2 weeks now and no chipping of lifting, which is very unusual for me, im real heavy handed and NNo's don seem to last on me!!

I did 2 coats of clear, wiped, buffed, then applied a white gel tip, then 2 more coats of clear. i didnt build at all, just painted it on and capped the ends. I then buffed them over to finish and another thin layer of clear. i would have used intense seal but i hate the way it glows in UV whn i go out!!!

It actualy only tok just under an hour, that was doing them myself, which takes longer for me usually!!

I find tha IBD clear gel is too soft on nat nails and just peels off.

Totally agree with Kate, I personally didnt have any luck with nno using clear ibd as it peeled, now always use a builder in the way the Kate does too.

Hi Kate just trained on IBD do you mean you used 2 coats of IBD extreme builder clear on your nails then tip then 2 more coats of extreme builder clear then a coat of just clean gel not builder. Have never tried this and if you are doing it this way very interested to give it a go mine constant keep lifting from top or whole gel keeps peeling off nails nightmare....

prep the nail

2 generous coats of clear xtreme (dont wipe in between coats)

Wipe, buff to shape, dust off

white gel for tip cure DONT WIPE

2 more layers of clear xtreme (dont wipe in between coats)

They may or may not at this point need buffing again, in which case wipe, buff and apply a coat of either clear or clear extreme or intense seal. (doesnt really matter as one coat of extreme wont make it thick or anything)

Latest posts

Back