IBD gel lifting after 1-2 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally use 240 grit, I don’t think you should need more than that but some people use 180, just be careful your only taking the shine off and not nail plate. How many polishes do you have, where did you buy them from, did you get them all together? I can’t see any problems with the way you’ve described your prep and application, which leads me back to the product. Just wondered if you got it from a proper distributer for ibd? X
I bought them over time, I have about 18 colours and I got them from the wholesalers
Some last longer than others but all don’t last a week ever

I’m at a loss then, hopefully someone else might be able to help you. Definitely have a look at the Facebook group as the educators I’m sure will be able to help you. It’s very strange, your prep and application sound fine. I’m not sure if ibd will cure properly with an opi lamp so that could possibly be why but the educators will be able to tell you what lamps are compatible and whether the opi one is ok x

Hmm it sounds like an undercuring problem to me - could it be possible the clients hands are going too far in, & finding a dark spot perhaps? Seems a long shot but your prep and technique sound fine x

Hi lovely,

I personally have (had) the same issues!! I was getting so frustrated by it!
I'm still trying to troubleshoot this issue myself but,
With your bonder, do you make sure you put a super thin coat on and let it dry completely before base coat? If the bonder is still shiny is means it's still wet, perhaps getting a small little bench fan is a good idea so the client can hold their nails in front of it so the bonder can dry properly.
Everything else seems to be the same way I do it so I can't see why you're having issues... I don't use cuticle remover and mine still had issues with lifting so it can't be that.
Make sure you shake the polish upside down for about 3 mins for bottles that have been "sitting" around, also each bottle should have either 12m or 24m on them, good idea to make a note when you open the polish so you can keep track of when they may be out of date, sometimes old polish can shrink / peel / chip etc
Is your UV / LED bulbs still good to use? I never knew this but heard from a trainer they need to be replaced every 3-6 months to keep their strength
Experiment with different roughness in files too i guess, making sure to of course not take too much off as this can cause sensitivity / weakness to the clients nail, i personally don't use acetone on the nail (i keep the nail as dry as possible, but i may try it and see how i go)
I've now switched from IBD to Gelaze, here is a website on how to use Gelaze (which would be the same as IBD but different brands) have a read through and let me know what you think

http://www.chinaglaze.com/images/educators/gelaze_education_gelaze.pdf

I use IBD just gel polish, I do all the nail prep remove all the cuticle, clean the nail bed, use a dehydrator and always cap the free edge! I use thin layers and cure for the said amount of time in my OPI LED lamp for 30-45 seconds! My gels always life a day or 2 after, they never ever seem to last more than 3 days! Why is this and how can I stop this! Really need some help and I’m trying to start my own buisness and can’t be charging people to do their nails if they don’t even last a week!
PLEASE HELP!!!

Also I used to use the IBD gel power bond but the same thing happened with that, I’ve tried the power bond and dehydrator together and it’s still lifting after a few days
Hi, i have used ibd JGP for approx 5 years.

I was taught by one of their educators in Australia that for best results you should use the Powerbond prior to base coat. I found that if I didnt use it the polish would only last a day or so before it chipped.

I dont use the ibd Powerbond or base coat anymore.
I have found these products do not always have good results and I had to stop using them as i developed allergies to them as well.

The colours still apply well however I use them with other base and top coats with a lot more success (even though this is not usually recommended).

Hope this helps.

Hi, i have used ibd JGP for approx 5 years.

I was taught by one of their educators in Australia that for best results you should use the Powerbond prior to base coat. I found that if I didnt use it the polish would only last a day or so before it chipped.

I dont use the ibd Powerbond or base coat anymore.
I have found these products do not always have good results and I had to stop using them as i developed allergies to them as well.

The colours still apply well however I use them with other base and top coats with a lot more success (even though this is not usually recommended).

Hope this helps.

What brand of powerbond and base coat do you use now? Interested :) TIA x

What brand of powerbond and base coat do you use now? Interested :) TIA x
I use Light Elegance Vita Prime as a primer.

As far as base coats, i have used many..... Gelish, Artistic, CND Shellac, Madam Glam.

Latest posts

Back