IBD gel nail extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makayla99

Reaction score
Anyone tried ibd gel nail extensions...? Is it good? Hard to use? What’s your thoughts? -mak

Are you talking about the hard gel as a sculpt nail, or just over a tip?

I used to work years back with IBD in salon and as an instructor and it’s a great brand. This was even before they had gel polish, but I had very happy clients. It’s a versatile system with a great range of colors now that they have their gel polish too. The only minus I can think about is that I didn’t then like their camouflage pinks. They looked to artificial so I use to mix my own. But that could have changed since I no longer work with their products. I mainly used forms when I did enhancement and had most of my clients with overlays, but usually zero lifting. I would recommend you to do a training course with them. I didn’t at first since I was a trained tech, but noticed I was using it like my previous brand and it did not work as well so I trained and got to know the system. So if you are looking into it it’s a great system to use. Just remember it’s a hard gel so it’s not soak off if they haven’t changed it.

Good luck [emoji4]

I used to work years back with IBD in salon and as an instructor and it’s a great brand. This was even before they had gel polish, but I had very happy clients. It’s a versatile system with a great range of colors now that they have their gel polish too. The only minus I can think about is that I didn’t then like their camouflage pinks. They looked to artificial so I use to mix my own. But that could have changed since I no longer work with their products. I mainly used forms when I did enhancement and had most of my clients with overlays, but usually zero lifting. I would recommend you to do a training course with them. I didn’t at first since I was a trained tech, but noticed I was using it like my previous brand and it did not work as well so I trained and got to know the system. So if you are looking into it it’s a great system to use. Just remember it’s a hard gel so it’s not soak off if they haven’t changed it.

Good luck [emoji4]

Thanks so much, yeah I will keep that in mind. I’m only a first year apprentice but we’re looking into getting into nail extensions.. so we were wondering what the best system was so go with thanks. [emoji173]️

Latest posts

Back