IBD Gel.. Never covers in one coat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdskora

Reaction score
Am i doing something wrong..... IBD claims that you only need one coat of colour gel.... i can never get away with that.. I always need 2 coats...sometimes 3 if they have white tips on... why is this... Is there something i can do to get better coverage?.
Thanks
Mel

Also I have white tips and painted my nails red today and i can see the white tips thru that too.....
X Mel:rolleyes:

Somtimes products don't do what they say on the tin. I have heard before that IBD doesn't give good coverage, but I've never tried it myself so I can't speak first hand.

What Gel do you use?... Tried to get Bio but they wont sell to me cause i have not done their training! poooppp...

I use Calgel for a soak off and Brisa for a file off. I actually wish more companies in Australia had that policy.

Hey there,
I have only ever used the ibd for their colours mainly orange and red and the black one too...i always had to do two even thin coats to get good coverage and i never liked the look of them when i did french...they didnt seem 'crisp' enough as my brisa white does..i dont know maybe its just me..?

nic, you did bio training didn't you?

I have a drawer full of ibd gel polish and not one of them will cover in one coat. At least not in a reasonable thickness, IMO. I could probably get it to cover using a very thick coat, but I prefer to do two thin coats.

S

nic, you did bio training didn't you?

Hey there, yes i did do a one day training course with bio, as the salon i was working at the time asked me to do it, however i was very happy using my brisa gels so stuck to that and didnt worry about using bio lol :lol:

Hey there, yes i did do a one day training course with bio, as the salon i was working at the time asked me to do it, however i was very happy using my brisa gels so stuck to that and didnt worry about using bio lol :lol:
How was the training?

Thanks Girls,
Yes I had the same problem with the IBD gel white... just not white enough. Would you say that the Bio training was worth it just to use their colour range?????... I have had no problems with the IBD builder at all so i have no reason to change over.
X Mel

How was the training?

well to be very honest....going from brisa to bio was very difficult for me to get grips of..the lady (who was quite nice) did not explain that much, also when i asked a million questions (as you do lol) she was very huffy with me liek she did not want to deal with me! after that i kind of just gave up i would have liked to keep using bio however i see no problem with brisa so..ya know?

after that i kind of just gave up i would have liked to keep using bio however i see no problem with brisa so..ya know?
I don't have a problem with Brisa either, but I like to offer a soak off along side. I find it suits some people better.

Mel- are you specifically after soak off or would buff offs do?

Well that part of it doesn't worry me.... to be honest i didn't think any gel soaked off... Until IBD bought out their range of soak off...
A girl i know asked me if I use Bio and I said no... she said dam i would come to you but i love Bio colour range... so that is when i started searching on google for Bio and stumbled across this forum..... so glad i did...

So i guess you could say that i really only wanted Bio for their colours.
Have ordered some IBD soak off and normal colours so i will give them a go and see what happens.

Hey I read on here that a girl mixed enamel with clear gel..... can you do that?...

Personally I don't. Now if it doesn't matter about soaking off. There are heaps, but I don't know that any will cover it 1 coat, because I don't see how it could cure properly if it's that dense.

Do a search on coloured gels on here, there's heaps.

If you would like something similar to Bio, try Calgel, but be prepared for the price. Bio & Calgel are probably twice the price of other gels.

Just read your thread about the IBD Colours and poor coverage. I found that with them also. I have just started using the Nail Solutions, Simply Nails Coloured Gels. Coverage is real good. Not a huge range of colours - but they say they will have more soon. Personally I think they are great.:green:

I use their pink gel and it is great. the white was sorta wishy washy, but the new extreme white is super, super super.:) easy to get a crisp smile line.

I think the prob with the IBD is they are toooo thin.

BTW the web site is Home

Never tried the Brisa. Found Bio a bit rubbery and more prone to lifting. never, ever gonna use a removable gel again... Yukky.:irked:

Latest posts

Back