IBD gel polish-problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cartoon-aki

Reaction score
Hi geeks..
I have just bougth IBD gel polish to do french nails... i applied the french pink and it cured right...i applied the white for the smile line and when i cured my nails,small 'bubbles' appeared!Why this happend???:Scared:

Hi geeks..
I have just bougth IBD gel polish to do french nails... i applied the french pink and it cured right...i applied the white for the smile line and when i cured my nails,small 'bubbles' appeared!Why this happend???:Scared:
For the same reason most problems are caused with gel polishes .... Too much product ... Too thick. You need next to nothing on your brush to paint the free edge of a French mnsnicure and remember to seal the very edge as well with every coat? :hug:

hi geeg and thanks for your answer..yes it is true that when i didnt use to much product the bubbles didnt appear..however why this didnt happen with the french pink?i used to much product i can say...

hi geeg and thanks for your answer..yes it is true that when i didnt use to much product the bubbles didnt appear..however why this didnt happen with the french pink?i used to much product i can say...
There is so much pigment in the white ... It is much thicker than other gels in the system. All heavily pigmented colours will be more prone to wrinkling or bubbling if painted too thickly because it makes it harder to cure them and they only get a partial cure (dangerous). The more translucent colours can be penetrated by the UV more easily and cure more easily because of it.

See how product knowledge empowers you? Now you know a bit about basic gel product chemistry .... Maybe it will inspire you to learn more. You need a copy of Doug Schoon's book .. Nail Structure & Profuct Chemistry! An invaluable tool for every person who wants to call themselves an accomplished nail technician. :Love:

omg you know so much!i want to learn a lot!i searched google about the book and i find it!i think i am gonna order it!thanks again!:hug:

Latest posts

Back