IBD Gel Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

new@nails

Reaction score
Help I'm really really really new to nails (worked in an office until 3 months ago) I've started to test the Gel polish on my friends natural nails but they have peeled off and they fade at the free edge when I but the seal on. Can anybody help me, people who trained me were muppets!

new@nails said:
Help I'm really really really new to nails (worked in an office until 3 months ago) I've started to test the Gel polish on my friends natural nails but they have peeled off and they fade at the free edge when I but the seal on. Can anybody help me, people who trained me were muppets!
Hiya,
If you mean a gel overlay on natural nails, Then you must prep the nails in the same manner as you would if sculpting or using a tip. You should also always take the shine off the nails before applying.
If you list what you do from start to finish, then im sure we can sort this out for you.
Hth

Cheers I prep the nail as normal, apply the bonder then one layer of clear gel and cure for 30 secs. Wipe and buff and apply gel polish, cure for 3 mins. Apply sealer and cure for minute. This is when the polish fades at the free edge.

Thanks for your help

lesley1965 said:
Hiya,
If you mean a gel overlay on natural nails, Then you must prep the nails in the same manner as you would if sculpting or using a tip. You should also always take the shine off the nails before applying.
If you list what you do from start to finish, then im sure we can sort this out for you.
Hth

Hiya,
Do you use primer before applying the bonder layer?
Also are the nails fully dehydrated before applying products?
All these things can play a part, Also this this happen on every client or just certain ones?

I've only tried it on 2 friends (thank god) Think it is to do with the nail prep and I've paid more attention to it today when I re-did my friends but do you know why it fades at the free edge?

I've not used a primer as I didn't get one in my kit and when I was trained they didn't use it, told me I didn't need to but as I've put the training wasn't very good.

lesley1965 said:
Hiya,
Do you use primer before applying the bonder layer?
Also are the nails fully dehydrated before applying products?
All these things can play a part, Also this this happen on every client or just certain ones?

Just a thought, why do you have to wipe off the dispersion layer off the nail, before applying the colour????????
In other gel systems, you don't wipe the nail plate until you have finished all your gel layer application, this could be why the layer is fading at the edges as there isn't a strong bond to hold it all in place.................
Give it a try without the wiping in between, see if this makes a difference.............

new@nails said:
Cheers I prep the nail as normal, apply the bonder then one layer of clear gel and cure for 30 secs. Wipe and buff and apply gel polish, cure for 3 mins. Apply sealer and cure for minute. This is when the polish fades at the free edge.

Thanks for your help

Sounds like the problem is with the bonder. You should not need a primer with this system.

To apply IBD colour gels as a natural nail overlay:

Prep nail in normal way & ensure the surface is free of shine. Any shine & product will lift.

apply bonder in small circular motions "scrubbing" it into the nail - it must be dull & grainy or product will lift. (If it isn't - dab at it with IBD sponge - this works well)

cure Bonder for AT LEAST 1min

Apply layer of clear gel, then cure 30secs
DO NOT wipe!!!!!

Apply gel polish, cure 3 mins.
If needed - apply 2nd coat of polish & cure 3 mins (shouldn't be necessary but sometimes happens)

Apply clear topcoat - either ultraseal & cure for 1 min, or you can just use clear gel & cure for 30secs (this gives a thinner result)

If you are still getting problems it could be that your lamp isn't up to scratch. Is it the IBD one?

Post again if you still get problems or check out www.ibdbeauty.com for further detailed instructions.

Thanks All this advice is great. I will try this new way on my next victim!

ella said:
Sounds like the problem is with the bonder. You should not need a primer with this system.

To apply IBD colour gels as a natural nail overlay:

Prep nail in normal way & ensure the surface is free of shine. Any shine & product will lift.

apply bonder in small circular motions "scrubbing" it into the nail - it must be dull & grainy or product will lift. (If it isn't - dab at it with IBD sponge - this works well)

cure Bonder for AT LEAST 1min

Apply layer of clear gel, then cure 30secs
DO NOT wipe!!!!!

Apply gel polish, cure 3 mins.
If needed - apply 2nd coat of polish & cure 3 mins (shouldn't be necessary but sometimes happens)

Apply clear topcoat - either ultraseal & cure for 1 min, or you can just use clear gel & cure for 30secs (this gives a thinner result)

If you are still getting problems it could be that your lamp isn't up to scratch. Is it the IBD one?

Post again if you still get problems or check out www.ibdbeauty.com for further detailed instructions.

forgot to add "wipe" at the end of those instructions - after cure topcoat/ultraseal. I don't use IBD bonder - just my nail prep (creative scrubfresh) as it works just as well and then I carry less products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back