IBD Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hi all,

Although I'm sure I haven't done anything wrong I just wanted to run this past you.

One of my clients texted this morning!!!! :rolleyes: Why people can't use the phone I'll never know :lol: She normally has clear IBD builder gel and has no problems with lifting. When I did her rebalance ten days ago she decided to try pink and white. I did the prep etc like normal and capped the free edges. She said this morning that they were 'coming away from her nails'. Although I haven't seen them it sounds like they may have lifted at the free edge.

My question is, surely if I have done something not quite right, wouldn't this lifting had showed after a few days. It seems strange that they have lifted after ten days.

I just dread the odd occassion that a customer phones saying there's a problem, and when they do call it's always at the 10 day mark!!!! just before they are due to pay for a rebalance.

Any thoughts on how I should handle this would be appreciated. If I'm doing something wrong then I'd like to know what, or maybe I should just get tougher :lol: :lol:

I think you will have to examine these nails before anyone can make a comment. Sometimes clients see a problem as being worse than it actually is.

Also (get used to it) whenever you do anything 'new' for a client (changing a system or doing pink and white as opposed to clear) the first sign of any trouble is always YOUR fault (so they think)!! Always ttrying to get something on the cheap.

Have a look and see what has happened before you decide whether itis firmness needed or if there is an actual problem.

Just thought I'd post the outcome of last nights appointment.

You were right Gigi, my idea of a problem with lifting and my clients are miles apart!!! :D Apart from the one that she had knocked and lost, the other nine looked no different to when I did them 10 days previous. No lifting at all!!! :D

I asked her if she could show me the problem and she then showed me 'one nail' with a mm of lifting at the corner on the freeedge. So I just did her rebalance a few days earlier and charged her like normal.

The only good thing out of it, is seeing the nails still looking as good. This confirmed what i knew deep down :o You learn something everyday. ;)

Kind Regards
Louise
Mobile Nail Technician

Latest posts

Back