IBD hard gel bonder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlyssaMacD

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

Using the IBD system and recently heard about powerbond. Most of what I've seen is associated with the Just Gel system and I'm using hard gel/am not interested in using the Just Gel colours. I have a hard time committing to one colour for that period of time, so I just use regular polish :p. Any of you using the Powerbond with the hard gels, or does it just benefit the Just Gel system?

I have some problems with my gels lifting on the bottom by the cuticle and I'm wondering if the Powerbond will help. The lifting may be associated with another problem though: I may not be putting enough gel by the cuticle in an attempt to avoid getting the gel on my skin. I'm going to try remedying that as well. I'd definitely like to buy the Powerbond, though, if it's better than the regular IBD bonder that I'm using now.

A

I just use the ibd Bonder and have no lifting problems, I use it sparingly. I've never tried power bond sorry I can't be of help there x

Thanks for the reply Beautyxperts!

Do you blot after you've applied? Maybe I'm applying too much, but the lifting is definitely concentrated in the area at the lunula; the rest of the nail sticks like glue! I just wish i could figure out what's going on down there. Maybe oil... but you'd think I'd be getting a good seal, since I do take precaution to do so.

A

I use Powerbond and won't use anything else since I discovered it. My nail beds are extremely oily and nothing but Powerbond will stop lifting!

Thanks for the reply Amanda! Are you using hard gel? What's your process? I am really considering buying!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the reply Beautyxperts!

Do you blot after you've applied? Maybe I'm applying too much, but the lifting is definitely concentrated in the area at the lunula; the rest of the nail sticks like glue! I just wish i could figure out what's going on down there. Maybe oil... but you'd think I'd be getting a good seal, since I do take precaution to do so.

A

Yes Hun I dry brush over after I've cured under uv then apply gel as normal x

Thanks for the reply Amanda! Are you using hard gel? What's your process? I am really considering buying!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry, I only just saw your comment....I use the IBD Builder Gels...I simply replace the usual IBD Bonder with the Powerbond, let it air dry (it stays tacky) and proceed with the Builder Gel application.

Sorry, I only just saw your comment....I use the IBD Builder Gels...I simply replace the usual IBD Bonder with the Powerbond, let it air dry (it stays tacky) and proceed with the Builder Gel application.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405951700.958852.jpg

Powerbond just arrived! Thanks for the advice.

Hi there can you use power industry alongside the standard ibd bonder? Or do I just apply the power bond alone and then proceed with hard ibd gel overlay?? Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back