IBD, how long does it last on clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmabeautique

Reaction score
Thinking of changing from gelish to ibd.... Can anyone advise me if it lasts as long as gelish xx

These lasted 3 weeks exactly. Black lava x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396645005.010389.jpg

Find on mine it's 2-3 weeks

Oh on another thread just talking about gelish black shadow being watery and taking 3-4 coats to get full coverage. I wondered how ibd's black lava compared? I started using ibd just gel as well as gelish they have a great colour range. X

Really confused what to do :-( totally loosing faith in gelish .... Colours fading .... Needing loads of layers .... Spent loads on gelish lamp too .....although ibd is far cheaper and colours look fab xx

Love the skulls by the way xx

I've been thinking the same about Gelish recently.

Went to America recently and decided to buy some Gelaze for messing around with (it was on buy one get one free too!) and I was so annoyed at how good Gelaze was! Two coats and the Flying Dragon purple I have was so much more solid than You Glare I Glow and was a prettier purple by far. Gutted I didn't buy more now because they aren't selling it in the UK yet I don't think, if they are it isn't in my local Sally's :( xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396646858.888303.jpg

Ibd just gel - Just short of 3 weeks and after 2 days of decorating... 😁

My IBD last as long as my Gelish Do. Easier to paint. No fading.
I won't buy another Gelish colour again.

Been using IBD Just Gel for over a year now and no problems no complaints and i love the colour range and the coverage when applied. Wouldn't change unless IBD do something drastically wrong lol.

IBD Geek all the way :) xx

How do you all find the removal with ibd? I'm thinking of getting some but I've heard the base is a nightmare x

I don't have any issues with removal. I wrap the fingers using cotton pad damped with acetone and then foil to lock in heat. 10mins later its flaked off nicely (occasionally some need say 15mins)
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone know if the gelish led lamp would be ok to use with ibd xx

I don't have any issues with removal. I wrap the fingers using cotton pad damped with acetone and then foil to lock in heat. 10mins later its flaked off nicely (occasionally some need say 15mins)
Xx

Do you use the power base primer?
Thanks xxx

How do you all find the removal with ibd? I'm thinking of getting some but I've heard the base is a nightmare x

You need to buff the shine from the top coat before wrapping. I use power bond, base, colour and top coat and it comes off easily. More offen than not it comes off with the wrap( if you give it a little squeeze and a twist before pulling off) however the other day I was feeling lazy and didn't put the base coat on and it had to be helped off with my cuticle pusher. :rolleyes:

The only thing I would say about Ibd Is that most colours need three coats to get a really good, deep, lush colour. I use a LED lamp so it's no biggy (only 30secs)

I've just bought a couple of IBD's to try, I currently use Gelish. I wanted to add some different colours and they have a lovely range. Does anyone know if the lilac, my babe, fades at all. Still can't get a lilac that doesn't! My gelish all haille the queen faded, still waiting on a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

3 weeks. I do use the power bond but I would like to be brave enough to try it with out. I love the colours xxx

I've just bought a couple of IBD's to try, I currently use Gelish. I wanted to add some different colours and they have a lovely range. Does anyone know if the lilac, my babe, fades at all. Still can't get a lilac that doesn't! My gelish all haille the queen faded, still waiting on a replacement.

I don't think I have ever seen an IBD colour fade. I have My Babe. Xxx

I don't think I have ever seen an IBD colour fade. I have My Babe. Xxx

That's great! Looks like I'll be buying that one next then. Thank you

Do you use the power base primer?
Thanks xxx

Yes I do. Soke of my clients are naughty and don't always keep up with the aftercare so I find the primer just helps as a back up for those clients and my other clients. Xxx

Latest posts

Back