IBD Just Gel peeling and chipping!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snorky85

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if any folk who use ibd just gel polish have used the navy blue "cantina hopping" colour?

I've had real problems with it chipping really easily and peeling. It's a genuine product I bought through Graftons (so im not worried about it being a fake).

I use all ibd products-nail prep, power bonder, base coat, colour, top coat and cleanser plus.

Using an led lamp (not ibd) but I've also tried it with my ibd jet uv lamp too and have the same problems.

I've tried it on myself and my neighbour and both had problems witht really easy chipping and sometimes it bubbled a little.

I did notice that when i put the top coat on that some of the blue pigment was left on the clear top coat brush.

I also wondered if it needed extra curing so put it under the lamp a little longer. I also thought maybe it was highly pigmented so needed extra curing or similar so i tried a new glittery black ibd just gel that i bought at the same time and that has been on solidly.
I can only think it is this particular polish colour as the other colours i bought from graftons recently have all been fine.

Any similar experiences or thoughts on this? I'm completely baffled!

Have you tried contacting Graftons or IBD? Sometimes manufacturers have sub standard batches and are usually aware and will replace for free.

Ah thanks @Trinity -that's good to know. I will give them a call.

Dark gel polishes can do this.
I have a Cuccio one that I love but it’s a nightmare to cure. Very light coats are needed so hopefully this might help

Looks like gel polish didn't dry properly. What is the lamp power and for how long did you cure it in lamp?

There have been some newer batches of ibd JGP which have had issues. Especially with bubbling. The Peach collection was recalled.
So it would definately pay to get in touch with place of purchase.

I don't think this will help you but I have cantina hopping from ibd that I bought from graftons and mine is fine. I used it the other day with no problems with normal cure times.

Latest posts

Back