IBD Just Gel Polish mixing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexy

Reaction score
Hi, I've searched for threads on this but can't find anything, I use the IBD gel polish range and have around 40 colours but want to ask all you IBD users out there if you have found any good combo's mixing them?
I've done countless google searches to not much avail, I've done the usual of adding glitters and pigments but not sure about mixing the colours and which to try , any ideas anyone ? Thanks

Oooooooo id love to know this too :-D i use ibd too xx

Think I'm just gonna have to have a play on my nail display wheels see what happens, will let you know if any good combos x

Hi girls,
You can layer ibd JGP. I usually apply two coats of the darker colour and then one of the lighter colour.

Some wonderful effects can be achieved.

My favourite 'sheer' colours for layering are: Jasper Casper, Enlightenment, Sea Pearl & Road to Paris.

Sea Pearl over Black Lava creates a beautiful shimmery grape and Jasper Casper over Black Lava becomes a gorgeous shimmery green.

Have fun expanding your range with the colours you already have!

I do not use IBD, but I do use Gelish. I know it's not recommended to actually mix the colors together but I've had success at doing this with Gelish. My client wanted ombré nails that started with a dark color then ended with a lighter color. I didn't have a full range of the color (she chose a turquoise color) so I mixed the color with white to get the ombré effect. It turned out very well and she wore it for 3 weeks without chipping. I can't say that you will get the same result but why not try it on yourself first?

Thanks for the replies :), will give them a try tonight x

Hi I'm new on here but I have just started offering my clients ibd just gel polish and I have been experimenting with mixing the colours my fav at the moment is north wind mixed with starburst it brings it to a lovely paleish pink shade and whipped cream with mango mischief is a nice mix too obviously brightness of the colour depends on how much of each colour you mix.
Just make sure you mix enough to do all the nails as its a struggle to mix the same amounts twice xx

Stupid question, but what do you mix them in? And how do you apply the mixed colour? With a gel brush?

Stupid question, but what do you mix them in? And how do you apply the mixed colour? With a gel brush?

I was more meaning about layering the colours ( should think about my title) , I've not technically mixed them although I suppose could try with maybe a dappen dish ?
Ive had a go with a few tonight mainly darks at moment Touch of Noir + Moroccan spice is nice also Black lava + enlightenment looks nice too and breathtaking + Aphrodite came out ok too

I was more meaning about layering the colours ( should think about my title) , I've not technically mixed them although I suppose could try with maybe a dappen dish ?
Ive had a go with a few tonight mainly darks at moment Touch of Noir + Moroccan spice is nice also Black lava + enlightenment looks nice too and breathtaking + Aphrodite came out ok too

Can I ask where you get your ibd from I have got it from salons direct as its a good price but they don't have the new colours like touch of noir and pixie pop?

Can I ask where you get your ibd from I have got it from salons direct as its a good price but they don't have the new colours like touch of noir and pixie pop?

I got most of mine from Hazlehurts and a few from America recently, someone was saying on here about Stixie.com and they are a lot cheaper and they post to uk, its just if you end up with customs and royal mail charges as well doesn't work out any better ?

We buy ours from Alan Howard wholesalers xx

I just mix mine in a dappen dish and apply with gel brush I tried layering with a few and didn't really get good results I find mixing a lot better x

these were the
Touch of Noir + Moroccan Spice
Black Lava + Enlightenment (middle one)
Breathtaking + Aphrodite (red one)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,650
If it is that's a decent price for the IBD !?

I think so, i this is genuine i will be ordering, good price x
It looks pretty good site but is it , would love to know x

I think so, i this is genuine i will be ordering, good price x
It looks pretty good site but is it , would love to know x

It is also cheaper than lena white for gelcolor which makes me wonder if it is genuine or not :sad:

Latest posts

Back