IBD Just Gel Polish peeling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexy

Reaction score
Hi everyone , bit of advice needed, I've used IBD just gel polish for a while not too many problems, I have very thin bendy nails and find I have to put an overlay on my nails to get 10 days wear , recently did a ladies nails in her words she was so ill ( she apparently had a bit of everything wrong with her ) even though she's only young, I did her nails just before a two week holiday to Egypt , I gave her all info re after care including warning about sun cream damage etc
She has just informed me today that they all peeled up after 2 days although she didn't go on holiday till 3 days after I did them, she said she decided to peel them off as they were "doing her head in" ,without her showing me I don't know wether it's my fault or all her tablets she takes or just poor care, she admits she doesn't wear gloves when doing dishes, and was saying how she was constantly rubbing factor 50 on her daughter on holiday as it was too hot ,now I'm wondering do I offer to redo or just put it down to experience, thinking
of just getting rid of IBD and just sticking only with shellac ?!

Don't get rid of ibd because of one client ! I use it all the time and love it. It sounds like she took your after care advise and did everything she wasn't supposed to lol ! Where her nails really weak before you did the application ? A cnd educator told me a good rule of thumb, weak flexible nails need a hard enhancement like l&p where as hard nails need gel.

Hi thanks for restoring my sanity lol, her nails were just like mine that's what made me stress more to her, as mine are so bendy , it's just irked me a bit that she never even gave me a chance to resolve anything just said quite loudly in front of a room full of people that they all peeled off after 2 days :-( , I've got some shellac but went with IBD for great colour choice and have got 40 colours built up now so I need to think rationally lol , it's just frustrating trying to educate people on after care then they go off and do complete opposite ! X

Ibd is great, lots of colors and a good price for the amount you get. I think you just had a client that wasn't happy with life ! I find using cnd smoothing gel or extreme gel (which is by light elegance ) before the application of gel polish really helps on clients with poor nails. Or if they will let you, do a thin acrylic overlay ! Some people are never going to be pleased even if you want to fix their problem, sometimes you just have to let them go and make room for better responding clients :)

Your right with value , so much bigger than some brands, I've been playing with additives and stamping over it at moment, did mine in sage master last night with lace effect stamping in black , love them . Will look into the light elegance though, I've got the Brisa Lite smoothing but I think no matter what I offered her it's just one of things , like you say you can't please everyone !

For clients who needs little it of extra strength we apply 2 layers of the ibd base coat, it has been working perfectly for us :) we have had several clients who have wanted to swap from acrylic to the gel polish so we have found this method to be the most successful!
But it does also sound like you just had that one client who wanted to just be a bit difficult, keep your chin up hun and don't beat yourself up about it :) xx

do you use the power bond this is quite good for clients with problematic nails

Latest posts

Back