IBD Just Gel polish swatches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm loving IBD too. Have used a couple of gelish colours, good gossip (think that's the name) and high voltage.
Just tried high bridge on myself, and it's awful! A pretty sparkly watermelon colour to start with, then fades to a washed out sick looking apricot colour. That was after 3 days.
I'm replacing all my current range with IBD, Just love it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412684976.423875.jpg

Ibd 'flowerful' and 'all that glitters'

Ooh that's a pretty pink! Is that a new colour hun? Do you know which collection it's from? xx

Yes I think it's new! I bought it from Beverly beaute, not sure what collection it is though sorry! But I love it ☺️

Hi. I'm a gelish girl but looking to introduce some IBD as the colours look lush and am I right in saying they don't have fading issues??? Anyway I wanted to know what colours would be good to invest in ? TIA x

I've never had an issue with IBD fading, the colours stay true and the glitters stay glittery.
We're at the beach pretty much all year round, so it's a good test on my nails.
There are a few posts on the best colours to start with, as I'm slowly swapping over to IBD I can't give you a general start off list.
My most popular so far are, camellia petals, cosmic red, all heart, cuter than a scooter, indi oasis, Maui sunset and serendipity.
You'll love it. Beautiful colours and fab wearing.

I have a huge shellac range but absolutely adore the IBD colour range. I also fell in love with some Gelish colours but wasn't impressed with them in comparison to Shellac. Has anyone compared IBD with Shellac? I found gelish to be very watery and not a nice opaque finish that shellac gives. Also can IBD be cured in a CND UV lamp? Any advice would be gratefully received :)

I have a huge shellac range but absolutely adore the IBD colour range. I also fell in love with some Gelish colours but wasn't impressed with them in comparison to Shellac. Has anyone compared IBD with Shellac? I found gelish to be very watery and not a nice opaque finish that shellac gives. Also can IBD be cured in a CND UV lamp? Any advice would be gratefully received :)

I use both IBD and Shellac.
The colours are lovely. I found gelish watery too and IBD is less so. I still find shellac thicker than IBD but both are great and last well!!

I use both IBD and Shellac.
The colours are lovely. I found gelish watery too and IBD is less so. I still find shellac thicker than IBD but both are great and last well!!

Thankyou. I'm wondering whether to add a few colours to my collection. I think out of all the different brands they offer the best colours just don't want to be let down be the quality

Out of all the IBD colours( that I love btw), i can honestly say that one colour that I regret buying and I absolutely hate is Sundance. It's runny, sheer, it takes 3 coats to look somewhat decent, and on top of it all, it fades. The last client I used it on said that the initial colour only lasted about 10 days and then changed, started fading. I've seen pictures of it on here and they looked good, that's why I got it, but if I'm going to have to apply 4-5 layers, it's just not worth it.

Here's Raindrops with stamping. I've decided to try IBD as I'm looking for a gel to go alongside Shellac. I have to say it's a bit watery for my liking (this needed 3 coats and Indie Oasis needed 4), but I'll get IBD for trendy colours. I've also tried ManiQ by Young Nails and although expensive, it is lush!

Ok now for technical questions - why don't people seem to like the IBD base coat? And do you need to break seal when removing? Would CND nourishing remover work ok with IBD?

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D855 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1412968536606.jpg
    1412968536606.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 395
Bought 5 of 8 of the Social Lights Collection whilst I was in Florida this week. Love!!!! Will be videoing these in more detail on a YouTube video! ;)

xx

View attachment 73349

Hi TRMG ☺ How would you describe Gala-vant in comparison with Infinitely Curious?

Thanks 😀

Hi TRMG ☺ How would you describe Gala-vant in comparison with Infinitely Curious?

Thanks 😀

I don't have IC, but from what I can see that's a pure orange colour.

Gala-Vant is a true peach shade (not too dissimilar to Gelish I'm Brighter Than You, or Gelish Sweet Morning Dew).

This new collection applied like a dream!! Some of the older colours do require 3 to 4 coats, but I think I swatched these with 2 coats only xx

I don't have IC, but from what I can see that's a pure orange colour.

Gala-Vant is a true peach shade (not too dissimilar to Gelish I'm Brighter Than You, or Gelish Sweet Morning Dew).

This new collection applied like a dream!! Some of the older colours do require 3 to 4 coats, but I think I swatched these with 2 coats only xx

Great, thanks. I'll definitely be getting that one. Just as an aside, do you break seal when removing, and do you use nourishing remover?

Thanks 😊

Great, thanks. I'll definitely be getting that one. Just as an aside, do you break seal when removing, and do you use nourishing remover?

Thanks 😊

Yes break the Top Coat seal (I use Gelish Base & Top). I found Nourishing Remover is not as good as it used to be (don't know why?!) so I've switched back to pure acetone. It flakes off in around 12 mins with foil wraps. I also just wrap a warm towel around the hands to speed things up!

xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413043750.621400.jpg

This is Dragon Fruit (hope it works as this is the first time I've posted!).

Lights! Camera! Karats! over Revel Blarney

Attachments

• IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 255
Hi all, I'm sorry, this question has probably been asked a million times. ..
I'm looking for the IBD equivalent of Shellac's cocoa.
Indi Oasis looks a bit pale, so I'm wondering if it could be layered over another colour? And what colour that would be?
I'm changing all my colours to IBD, but have a couple of cocoa addicts
Thanks!

Is there a pink similar to Gelish Gossip Girl? x

Im really struggling to remove ibd off my nannas nails. Im using ibd soak off gel remover cotton disc & foil its just not budging please help what am I doing wrong x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back