IBD Just Gel polish swatches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, could I please ask what everyone uses for the french pink?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Seashell pink

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use sea shell pink.

Not too sure if this is the best place to ask, but when I search IBD I get no results 😪

When I'm applying nail art with JG I am finding its just wearing off.
I'm applying:
base coat,
colour (2-3 coats depending on shade)
Wipe off tacky layer
Then apply design using acrylic paint
Apply JG top coat

The design wears away. What do you fellow geeks do differently? I have tried not wiping the tacky layer but that was worse.
The gel polish is staying in place, it's just the nail art is wearing away.

Any tips would be really appreciated. :)

Not too sure if this is the best place to ask, but when I search IBD I get no results 😪

When I'm applying nail art with JG I am finding its just wearing off.

I'm applying:

base coat,

colour (2-3 coats depending on shade)

Wipe off tacky layer

Then apply design using acrylic paint

Apply JG top coat

The design wears away. What do you fellow geeks do differently? I have tried not wiping the tacky layer but that was worse.

The gel polish is staying in place, it's just the nail art is wearing away.

Any tips would be really appreciated. :)

I've found this a few times and sometimes all it takes is another layer of topcoat :)

Hi, is anyone else having problems with whipped cream for a french mani? I can't seem to get a smooth finish with two thin coats and am loathed to put a, bulky, third coat on.....

Yes it's the only colour I have a problem with so now opt for Ivory tower which is an off white with a little glitter in it and it's lovely 👌

Hello, could I please ask what everyone uses for the french pink?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use enlightenment 👌

I've found this a few times and sometimes all it takes is another layer of topcoat :)

I will give this a try. Thank you.

I am finding the colour polish is wearing away sometimes too so i may just opt for a second layer of polish as standard.
Either that or I'm just applying the top coat way too thin or maybe not curing long enough.
Possibilities are endless..... Lol! X

Sent from my SM-T230 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone have any pictures of a french done with seashell pink and macaroon? I'm trying to decide which gives better coverage. Also what white is best for French as I keep hearing mixed reviews x

The first photo is french stamping using Seashell Pink (2 coats) and white stamping polish.

The second photo is 3 coats of Macaroon.

IMO Seashell is best for French, Macaroon is too pink. You might be able to get away with one coat of Macaroon, it would depend on the look you are going for.

Last edited:
Here are two French manicures using Seashell Pink and Whipped Cream

Here are two French manicures using Seashell Pink and Whipped Cream

Thank you, I like both but see what you mean about macaroon, how many coats did you use of whipped cream please?

Where can I buy retro rosette from the floral metric collection? Can't see it on graftons website??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you, I like both but see what you mean about macaroon, how many coats did you use of whipped cream please?

Hi Sharny, when I do a french manicure I start off by doing my prep then base coat.

I then do one layer of Whipped cream on the tip then cure. I then do a layer of seashell pink over the whole nail, including tip, and cure. Then I do another of the pink and cure. I then do another layer of whipped cream and cure, then finish with a coat of top coat and cure.

For tidying up the smile line on the white layers, I used a tiny angled brush dipped in Isopropyl Alcohol.

HTH :)

Can anyone recommend a colour similar to CND Crimson Sash or Masquerade (dark red/wine/burgandy)?
I am thinking Bella Boudoir but it may be a bit light???
Bustled Up is also a possibility, but it looks more brown and like Dark Lava, but it is difficult to tell from a photo.

Can anyone recommend a colour similar to CND Crimson Sash or Masquerade (dark red/wine/burgandy)?
Bustled Up is also a possibility, but it looks more brown and like Dark Lava, but it is difficult to tell from a photo.

Whatever you choose, make sure you don't get Mogul. That is the worst color I've worked with. Patchy, no amount of stirring helps with that, it shrinks back even though i dry-brush the base coat, absolutely horrible. I wanted to cry happy tears when it finished and i could trow the bottle away :mad:

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you. I did consider Mogul but I want a high frost/shimmer and not a creme. I am glad I ruled it out.

You are correct in saying Bustled Up has a brownish tinge to it. Bella Boudour is very similar to Indian Sari, it has more of a purple look to it than burgandy.

I am not familiar with those cnd colours. Do you have any photos?

You are correct in saying Bustled Up has a brownish tinge to it. Bella Boudour is very similar to Indian Sari, it has more of a purple look to it than burgandy.

I am not familiar with those cnd colours. Do you have any photos?

Thank you for responding. I will post a picture when I get the chance.

Thank you for responding. I will post a picture when I get the chance.

I had a look online at the colours and I would suggest you look at ibd Brandy Wine, Scarlett Obsession & Maui Sunset. Sorry but although I have all these colours, I dont have swatches of any of these on hands so show you.

Latest posts

Back