IBD Just Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronzeNbeauty

Reaction score
I am having trouble deciding on a gel polish to use!! I tried gelish but didn't get in very well with it or shellac for that matter. What do people think to the ibd just gels?? Are they better and how long do they last? Also what about gellux and signature ranges??

Thankyou and sorry if you have read these a million times!!
Thankyou

I am having trouble deciding on a gel polish to use!! I tried gelish but didn't get in very well with it or shellac for that matter. What do people think to the ibd just gels?? Are they better and how long do they last? Also what about gellux and signature ranges??

Thankyou

I can't comment on idb but I do use gellux and love it. Not had any problems with lifting/chipping etc, only one problem I find is the removal takes longer than others. Probably 20-30 mins in total to fully remove. Hope this helps xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I offer both Gelish and Shellac and I love them both for different reasons. Both are very easy to remove although Shellac is quicker and slightly easier to remove by 5 minutes.

I've heard Gellux is difficult to remove and although some people have reported a Simular problem with IBD I don't think it's as difficult to remove as Gellux.

I've read a lot about IBD and I struggled to find many negative points so yes, give it ago!! I've ordered a few bottles of IBD too to try on myself so I'm looking forward to having a play. :)

Thankyou!!
I think I will c how I get on with it as I want one that's a little different to people in my area to stand out a bit.
Do you have any pointers to help do a good set of nails?

Thankyou

I use ibd Just Gel Polish, I have over 60 colours so that speaks volumes!

Application is easy, there is Power Bond to assist with problem lifters, you apply this after prep but before base coat.
Colour range is wonderful with new colours/ranges being released often.

Soak off in 15 minutes.

PM me any specific questions.

I have used other brands, including Shellac however I prefer ibd JGP.

Thankyou tinkabel!!i have sent you a message xx

We use ibd just gel in my salon and absolutely love it! Never have any problems with lifting or chipping, some clients have got over 4 weeks out of them! Fab range of colours too xx

Have you tried Gelissimo ? X

That's great it lasting for 4 weeks!! I am liking the spin of it the more I research and hear about it. What colours would you recommend starting out with?

No haven't tried gellisimo....what's this??

I have ibd. I like it but also use mani-q and there really is no comparison. I am currently running ibd down and replacing with mani -q xx

I have ibd. I like it but also use mani-q and there really is no comparison. I am currently running ibd down and replacing with mani -q xx

Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but why do you prefer mani q over IBD? Both have good reviews.

I'm thinking of adding another range. (I offer Gelish Shellac already) I was leaning towards IBD but now I've read your post I'm curious about ManiQ. I've researched it a little and can find no real negatives :)

That's great it lasting for 4 weeks!! I am liking the spin of it the more I research and hear about it. What colours would you recommend starting out with?

No haven't tried gellisimo....what's this??

There are so many fab colours in the IBD, but our most popular ones over the summer were:

Mango mischief - orange/red
Mogul - dark burgundy/plum
Frozen strawberry - bright pink
Serendipity - peach/coral
She's blushing - peachy/pink
Lucky red - pillar box red

Plus others I can't remember off the top of my head!

They also do a lovely glitter called Fireworks that we use over a lot of the colours to add a hint of sparkle :)

I redid mine today after 3 weeks, no chipping with a lot of growth, with a lovely deep greeny blue called meteorite :)

Hope this helps!

I have recently tried ibd on myself, I can't keep anything on my nails for very long, it lifts, chips and peels. Shellac is the worst on my nails, I can keep opi gelcolor on slightly longer. Four days on and it's still going strong I used it with powerbond.

The colours are really nice and no shrinkage that I find with opi gelcolor sometimes :)

Will power bond make the removal process a nightmare?

Will let you know when I come to remove it, I read on another thread just to use it on the free edge only :biggrin:

I use power bond on all my applications and they remove fine xx

Some people complain that the power bond makes the removal harder but I disagree. I have actually been to an ibd JGP workshop and it does come off.

A little patience and more time is required.

I lightly buff the surface with a file then soak for 15 minutes. Scrape polish off with a cuticle pusher. If any polish or power bond are still on nails, soak for further 5 minute increments, scraping with cuticle pusher until all product has come away.

Works for me every time and I have never had to soak for longer than 25 minutes.

I am not sure if other systems are quicker to remove but this is good for me and my clients don't mind as they know their polish lasts and lasts and they have wonderful colour choices.

I had my ibd on for over two weeks, no lifting and no chipping, no wear at the free edge, amazing nothing ever stays on my nails for that long!

But I found removal an absolute nightmare, 30 mins later and it's still on, now I am having to buff off the base coat. I used powerbond all over my nails so maybe I will try just the free edge.

I am used to how easy OPI gelcolor is to remove and this has put me off :Scared::Scared:

I had my ibd on for over two weeks, no lifting and no chipping, no wear at the free edge, amazing nothing ever stays on my nails for that long!

But I found removal an absolute nightmare, 30 mins later and it's still on, now I am having to buff off the base coat. I used powerbond all over my nails so maybe I will try just the free edge.

I am used to how easy OPI gelcolor is to remove and this has put me off :Scared::Scared:

It should not still be on after 30 minutes, even with Power Bond.

What method are you using and what steps do you take?

I always lightly buff the surface with a 180 grit file and I soak in cuticle bowls with acetone or you can do the foil method.
I then use my cuticle remover tool (not the blunt cuticle pushers) this assists to scrape it off. The Power Bond takes a little bit of force to come away but nothing drastic and if you know what you are doing you wont damage the nail plate.

Other than that I can not advise you any thing different as this method works for me every time.

Well I bit the bullet and purchased the starter kit at Olympia. I did mine yesterday using powerbond so I'll see how I get on.... And I'll report back when I remove it!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380091099.335885.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back