IBD or Orly FX gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny days

Reaction score
Hi,

I know questions regards gel polishes have been asked many times but I am specifically after thoughts on IBD or Orly FX.

I have tried cuccio and wasn't really that keen. Needed 3 coats and preferred the colour selection of these other brands.

Any thoughts, reviews, advice would be much appreciated :) xx

Hi, I use both. With a gellux fast bond and base/top coat. Both work lovely. Although I will say I prefer the colours of ibd and the removal is a dream after 5 minutes. Hth x

Hi, I use both. With a gellux fast bond and base/top coat. Both work lovely. Although I will say I prefer the colours of ibd and the removal is a dream after 5 minutes. Hth x

Ahh thank you!

I agree, the colours for ibd are gorgeous, especially the glittery ones!

Some of the ibd colours do need 3 coats. Its recommended you apply it really really thin so it can take a few coats to get the true colour. Although I don't find this a problem at all. I love it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a ibd demo at olympia and the lady did 4 coats.. It just depends how thin or thick you apply it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you apply it thick you run the risk of it lifting. In my training I was trained that it was better to use more coats of thinly applied gel.

Thanks all!

Still can't decide lol! Now looking at gelish - too many to chose from and an expensive mistake to make if I go for the wrong one.

I can't comment on IBD as i've not used it but I can tell you that I do not like Orly Gel FX. Dark colours shrink no matter how much you shake, plus removal can be a nightmare. You have to "scrape" and one of their educators even admitted this.

Gelish on the other hand, I love. Nice and fluid like Orly but no shrinking and easier removal.

Thanks for all your help!

I've gone with gelish :) x

Gelish is expensive for from what iv seen. Ibd is lovely and not expensive! Orly damages peoples nails although they are vitamin infused the removal process is horrible on the nails! Xx

I've just had a look and IBD isn't that cheap, it's about the same price as bio sculpture x

I use IBD and love it I think it has a great colour range and most of my clients come back after 3 weeks in perfect condition just loads of growth. Never personally used Orly but had a new client that had it previously on and I found it very hard to remover

I really like ibd, in the past iv used Jessica geleration and I would say it's just as good but a lot cheaper!

I've just had a look and IBD isn't that cheap, it's about the same price as bio sculpture x

I have both and yes although a bottle of IBD is only 55p cheaper than Bio Sculpture you get more IBD for that money. Plus the two products are different. IBD is pure gel polish wheras with Bio Sculpture you can use it over enhancements, sculpt with it as well as natural nail overlays. IBD JG you can only do as natural nail overlays. Unless you do your enhancements first then apply over the top.

Latest posts

Back