IBD users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
All you IBD Gel users out there.
When sculpting a natural nail, hat colour would you use for the free edge so it looks natural, whatever I use seems to look clear at the edge, then they have to wear a polish.
Its a lot of work to keep taking it off and replacing with a tip

I'd like to know as in the case of L&P too Debs!! Great minds think alike... I've just done a natural overlay and have had to paint over the top for the same reason.....

Is the natural colour perfect powder the nearest to natural free edges?

Debs said:
When sculpting a natural nail, hat colour would you use for the free edge so it looks natural, whatever I use seems to look clear at the edge, then they have to wear a polish.

If I sculpt, I use the white builder gel for the tip. There does not seem to be a "natural colour" builder gel. As IBD gels can be mixed together - it may be worth experimenting with mixing some pink and white builder gels together - I have not done this though. Alternatively try calling Grafton and see what they say. (Then let us all know!!)

Mani-fique! said:
I'd like to know as in the case of L&P too Debs!! Great minds think alike... I've just done a natural overlay and have had to paint over the top for the same reason.....

Is the natural colour perfect powder the nearest to natural free edges?
It's all about choices Tamm - there sre a number of different coloured powders from soft to prominent (one is called soft white powder) but this has to be a judgement call on your behalf as to what you think will suit the client best for the 'natural' look of her nails.

Natural powders are designed to be the colouration of the average natural nail plate. Which is a semi-opaque white colour.
I would advise using Soft-White to get a natural clena free edge look ;)

Debs said:
Hi Debs,
Finally iv'e found another IBD gel technician, like myself. :) I use the gel polish 'Winter white' on the free edge for a natural look. Paint it on like french polish just before u put the final layer of clear gel on (i.e ultra seal/ Clear gel). Apply it in very thin coats (i.e coat then cure for 5secs) untill u reach the desired shade of white.

Hope this helps ;)

Marbella :cool:

thanks for that Marbella, but my client wants a total natural look, she doesn`t want a white edge. But whenever she needs a repair I have to take it off and tip otherwise its clear on the end, its that I want to avoid

A thin layer of French White from Akzentz will give you this look. You can sculpt with it. I use it when someone has a chipped corner, then I file the rest of the gel flush and apply some French White on the form just in the missing area and clear on top......this gives pretty good match.

French White is a little ivory, but isn't yellow-ish

PS. Akzentz is pretty compatible with other gel lines

Hi Debs
I use pink builder gel I find this gives a natural looking nail/tip

Jill :o

Are you putting the pink over a tip though Jill?
I want to sculpt with it but I have found the pink to look clear once finished and therefore doesn`t look natural at all.

I know the look your looking for - and it's quite hard to get in both l&p and gel - I find that natural free edges are more creamy coloured as opposed to the soft white that gels & powders come in - the way I have thought about getting around it is to add some pink & a TINY bit yellow to white to see if that works. Anna's right tho, I've just got a trail of the french white, and it is the closest I've seen in any system.

When I get a client wanting this look (or wanting to keep a dark colour gel/polish on all the time*) I always just tip - it's the only time I do - well till I got my new gel that is....

*I do this coz I hate to see a dark coloured nail but bright white free edge from the palm side - I think it make the enhancement a dead givaway and I want ppl to ask my clients, "are those your own nails?" - but that's just my opinion

Debs said:
Are you putting the pink over a tip though Jill?
I want to sculpt with it but I have found the pink to look clear once finished and therefore doesn`t look natural at all.
Hi Debs

Yes I do put pink over the tip and i do find that it is quite natural

Jill :)

I`m being misunderstood, story of my life, lol
I want to repair any broken nails ie: sculpting, not tipping but the pink looks totally seethrough against others previously tipped or over a natural nail.
Not too worried now though, got brisa inme mitts now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back