IBN (Shellac Copy)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought it has cnd and shellac on the bottle surely this is treading on toes !

That is sooo cheeky! I wonder if 'the sweets' have seen it yet! :/

That is sooo cheeky! I wonder if 'the sweets' have seen it yet! :/

The Sweets are way ahead of you and we have known about this since we first saw it being produced in China quite a while ago now.

It is not a copy of Shellac .. just another coloured gel but they have copied the bottles etc .. apart from they do say IBN and not CND on the bottles. If CND can deal with it they will be doing but they will not be publishing it all to the world .. either how or what they are doing.

Thanks for your concern everyone, but really apart from it being annoying, the product is nothing like Shellac .. we do know that because as good as the Chinese are at copying things, it is only the bottle they have copied to hoodwink folks and not the product inside (that would be way to expensive and nigh on impossible to do). Someone has paid them to do it so they can ride on the success of the product. Way of the world.

I had a client last week who had her nails done in benidorm 3 weeks beforehand and had been very pleased with them..had no problems etc....she was absolutely adamant she was wearing Shellac, I looked at them and said to her they don't look like shellac are you sure?? Yes absolutely sure she says, she pointed to the shellac bottles in the salon and said the lady had used the same bottles and they said shellac on them.... I put her in to soak...10 mins later checked them and nothing... so I buffed them down abit and put in to soak again... This time some had come away but mostly nothing... I ended up buffing them off. I said these are 100 percent not Shellac, she says she wasn't bothered either way as she's been really pleased with them whatever it is!
Now I've seen this thread I wonder if the technician in benidorm was using this IBN stuff!

HI

Some are now naming it Schlack to get over the copy rights but most are still knock offs.
I would stick to CND to remain 100% professional.I think alot of people will try and take the cheaper options but when it comes to nails the products talk for themselves, if you want a professional name and remain ethical in this industry you have to use the best products and get them through the right channels , not just for you or your company but for all professional therapists out there who battle against knock offs and non trained people.

thanks
dawn

I had try this brand of gel polish. I think the quality is acceptable. My nails are shine after the manicure. And it do not have any peeling within 3 weeks. I think this is more reasonable with its price. HaPpY HaPpY~
Below are the pictures I manicured by myself.
11.jpg

Some are now naming it Schlack to get over the copy rights but most are still knock offs.

Only a Schmuck would use Schlack :green:

... apart from it being annoying, the product is nothing like Shellac .. we do know that because as good as the Chinese are at copying things, it is only the bottle they have copied to hoodwink folks and not the product inside (that would be way to expensive and nigh on impossible to do). Someone has paid them to do it so they can ride on the success of the product. Way of the world.

True. Whenever there's a high quality name brand product on the market, someone will always go to a country with no copyright laws and make a replica; ie. designer handbags and shoes. But just like bootlegged handbags and kicks, the appearance is similar but it's never really the exact same product.

Unfortunately, there will be people buying these knock-offs and using it on others because they're not true professionals and are just out to make a quick buck. As annoying as it is, I don't think it's worth getting all worked up over. I honestly wouldn't want a client whose main expectation is to look for discounts and bargain as oppose to quality service with legit products.:wink2:

As annoying as it is, I don't think it's worth getting all worked up over. I honestly wouldn't want a client whose main expectation is to look for discounts and bargain as oppose to quality service with legit products.:wink2:

Yeah, best leaving those sort of clients to the likes of Groupon :green:

How irritating that they have copied the bottles!

Usually, I show my clients the bottles when doing a Shellac, so if they had it done before or for any reason they needed it done anywhere else, they would know it was a true Shellac.

Latest posts

Back