IBX before and after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395844085.237524.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396206860170.jpg
    1396206860170.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 266
This is my time using IBX using my grandma as a guniea pig. She was mega impressed with how they looked and can't wait to have her second treatment. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396208103661.jpg
    1396208103661.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 292
I'm loving the results of IBX for this client. She came in for her weekly treatment today and had hardly any delamination this week. Top picture is from week 1 bottom pic is after today's treatment which is week 3.
View attachment 59573

This her nails after 4th treatment (over 5 weeks), only doing IBX every other week now as we have seen her nails get so much healthier. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396522953.218458.jpg

Do it!it's worth every penny and more...

The application process is:

Cleanse
Repair
Heat 1 minute
Blot (if necessary)
LED
Cleanse
--------
IBX
Heat 5 mins
Blot
LED
Cleanse
--------
IBX
Heat 3 minutes
Blot
LED
Cleanse

As this was the 1st application IBX had to be applied twice. So it was process as above. On all subsequent treatments. Skip the 2nd stage and just apply IBX and heat for 3 mins.

I use infrared lamp for heat. But you can use hairdryer or a light with the equivalent of a 75-100w bulb

Xxx
Hi
I ve just started using this and really happy with the results.
I just had one question though.
I'm using it and then applying gel polish over it ..
is it ok to buff the nail straight away after the final step of ibx?
Thanks

Hi
I ve just started using this and really happy with the results.
I just had one question though.
I'm using it and then applying gel polish over it ..
is it ok to buff the nail straight away after the final step of ibx?
Thanks
Yes, as IBX is inside the nail plate so buffing won't affect it. Although, you should try applying your base coat without buffing before hand. I found with IBX the base coat "sticks" better to the nail so it eliminates the need for buffing. Also buffing kind of counteracts what your trying to do which is strengthen/repair the nail plate. As doug schoon has said any kind of buff, even if gentle, damages the layers of the nail plate.

Yes, as IBX is inside the nail plate so buffing won't affect it. Although, you should try applying your base coat without buffing before hand. I found with IBX the base coat "sticks" better to the nail so it eliminates the need for buffing. Also buffing kind of counteracts what your trying to do which is strengthen/repair the nail plate. As doug schoon has said any kind of buff, even if gentle, damages the layers of the nail plate.
Yes that's what I was thinking! I don't want to undo the work I've just done! Thanks for ur help xx

Hi I have just invested in ibx and was just wanting to know 2 things...can you use it before doing gel or acrylic extensions??? And if someone was just having the treatment say a lot of 3 ...how long do you leave between the treatments ..ie, 1 week or 2 weeks??? Thankyou so much[emoji4]x

Hi I have just invested in ibx and was just wanting to know 2 things...can you use it before doing gel or acrylic extensions??? And if someone was just having the treatment say a lot of 3 ...how long do you leave between the treatments ..ie, 1 week or 2 weeks??? Thankyou so much[emoji4]x
There's really no point in doing IBX under gel or acrylic extensions. IBX is like an armour coating for the nail, when your putting a coating over like gel or acrylic these products are the nail armour on their own, no point in putting both. The nail won't need extra strength as the applied product is already doing that for it.

Application depends on what you're working on. 1week for damaged, peeling, weak nails, 2weeks for under gel polish application, nails that are on the road to recovery, people who want to work on growing their natural nails with no damage. 3 weeks for maintenance or people who just want to help polish wear longer.

What does everyone use as the heat source for the treatment? I have been using a hairdryer. However only tried it on myself so far.

I use a desk lamp which has a bendable neck plus extra wide bulb it gets very hot. Came with my IBX package from our salon suppliers in SA, I wonder why uk doesn't sell an entire complete package?!

What does everyone use as the heat source for the treatment? I have been using a hairdryer. However only tried it on myself so far.
You can use a 100 watt light bulb (not the energy saving ones as they don't admit heat) or a 45 watt heat lamp that you can purchase from a pet shop. Both sources of heat you can use with any regular desk lamp, although the 45 watt heat lamp is better as it follows most desk lamp guidelines.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459405664.620707.jpg
well what can I say but WOW! These are my own nails I have used it twice so far....and there is a real difference I think....hoping it will just get better I can now start advertising the product on my list of things I do[emoji4]

Hello, this thread is huge and can't find my answers. Can anyone help please. Is there anywhere else that stock or just louellabelle? Apparently there's a similar product, does anyone know the name? Also I only have a cnd shellac lamp is this possible or do you have to use led? Thanks x

I think Salon Services do it too but you do need a trade account. You need a heat lamp - or a lamp with an 'old style' bulb that gives off heat - not a UV lamp (so neither the CND shellac nor the LED lamp will work as they only emit UV light)

I think Salon Services do it too but you do need a trade account. You need a heat lamp - or a lamp with an 'old style' bulb that gives off heat - not a UV lamp (so neither the CND shellac nor the LED lamp will work as they only emit UV light)
Sorry but a UV or LED lamp is essential in the IBX service.
There are 2 stages when using IBX the first involves heat for which you can use an infra red lamp, a hairdryer or the heat from a 100watt bulb as mentioned. THEN the nails are cured in either a UV or an LED lamp for the same time as a colour coat would be with your gel polish, so 30 seconds in LED and 2 minutes in UV.

I hope that clears that up. [emoji3]

Oh yes forgot about the curing stage! Was fixated on the heat part as that seems to cause lots of confusion about what is / is not suitable!! Thanks izzidoll!!!!

Will any 75-100 watt lamp do the job? X
I bought my heat lamp from Louellabelle who are the uk distributors for IBX and theirs is a 40 watt lamp as we were told on the training course that the heat should be very gentle or it would just burn the product off an evaporate which is no of no use.

Latest posts

Back