IBX Boost bruised nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all, I purchased IBX Boost a few weeks ago and used it on myself and had no issues. I’ve used it on 3 other clients since and then yesterday I split a nail on myself so I put two layer of the boost on my own natural nail, a few hours later it started feeling a bit tender and this morning I’ve woken up and the whole nail is slightly purple and feels bruised?? Any ideas what could have cause this I never bashed my finger or nothing?

Attachments

• D01EED14-2341-463D-AAC3-FC9895B17898.jpeg
    D01EED14-2341-463D-AAC3-FC9895B17898.jpeg
    995.6 KB · Views: 101
Probably nothing to do with Boost. How did you split your finger? Perhaps it's a late forming bruise due to that?

Probably nothing to do with Boost. How did you split your finger? Perhaps it's a late forming bruise due to that?
My nails are quite weak so as soon as they gain a little bit of length they just split, I can’t remmeber doing anything in particular to make it split, maybe you are right though it could be a delayed reaction from something I’ve done.

It looks sore, poor you. How are you and your clients finding IBX Boost? I'm interested to hear if you don't mind sharing your experience?

It looks sore, poor you. How are you and your clients finding IBX Boost? I'm interested to hear if you don't mind sharing your experience?
It was sore but I removed it after posting this and my nail is back to normal, strange! I got the boost delivered a week ago and I’ve used it on 3 clients, still waiting on feedback as all were new clients to me so I’m hoping they return in a week or two so I can’t reallt advise yet. Application is so easy though can’t fault it on that!!

It was sore but I removed it after posting this and my nail is back to normal, strange! I got the boost delivered a week ago and I’ve used it on 3 clients, still waiting on feedback as all were new clients to me so I’m hoping they return in a week or two so I can’t reallt advise yet. Application is so easy though can’t fault it on that!!
That's strange how your nail is back to normal. I use IBX repair and strengthen so I think I'll purchase the boost and try it. Did you use it under gel polish or alone on your clients?

Hi all, I purchased IBX Boost a few weeks ago and used it on myself and had no issues. I’ve used it on 3 other clients since and then yesterday I split a nail on myself so I put two layer of the boost on my own natural nail, a few hours later it started feeling a bit tender and this morning I’ve woken up and the whole nail is slightly purple and feels bruised?? Any ideas what could have cause this I never bashed my finger or nothing?
That looks like it hurt, I do not think that has anything to do with Boost at all, it is just a thin flexible gel put over top of the nail.

It actually looks like the gel was stained from something like hair dye or even new jeans :) This would also explain why your nail turned back to normal once the gel was removed :)

Latest posts

Back