IBX boost problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJtan

Reaction score
Hi there. I have been using the new ibx boost under gel polish and have been having problems with the gel polish chipping at the free edge. I have tried painting the polish straight onto the boost which is reccomended, I have tried removing the inhibition layer, buffing then gel polish and I have also tried putting the gel polish base coat inbetween but still get the chipping.
I have searched for information or tips that might help but as it's such a new product there is not a lot out there. Has anyone here had the same issues?

Not tried this yet but very interested as use Ibx and repair.
I did read that you are meant to use in in conjunction with normal ibx treatment . Don’t know if you did this ? x

I'm due to do the training in a couple of weeks so I've not tried it yet. Did you purchase the boost from Louella Belle? Maybe email them with your question? Just a thought...

Sorry I've just noticed you're not in the UK so you probably bought it from your local stockist.

Thanks for replying. Yes I've been using the boost with ibx. The boost isnt chipping off, I can still see it on the nail, just the gel colour that is over the top. Its very frustrating as i love everything else about the product. Its easy to apply, removal is fast and the nail looks in great condition afterwards. I'll give my supplier a call next.

Hi, has anyone had the boost itself chip off in slivers? Not sure what's caused it.

Hi, has anyone had the boost itself chip off in slivers? Not sure what's caused it.
No I’ve not had that but I’ve only just started using it. Is it on one particular person or a few people?

No I’ve not had that but I’ve only just started using it. Is it on one particular person or a few people?

It's on one person who has terrible nails due to age, illness and medication but even Shellac doesn't react like this? I was hoping boost would be the miracle cure for her tbh but will keep trying and see how it goes.

It's on one person who has terrible nails due to age, illness and medication but even Shellac doesn't react like this? I was hoping boost would be the miracle cure for her tbh but will keep trying and see how it goes.

I think it’s going to be trial and error as it’s a new product. I had a few chips on my own nails but it seem better after using a primer under and over the Boost. I’ve recently been on the training, have you?

Not been on the training, would you recommend?

Latest posts

Back