IBX heat lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaV

Reaction score
Hi, please can people recommend where to get a heat lamp for IBX and which ones are good. I have a booking on Monday and no heat source at the moment argghhhhhh!!!! Thanks!!!

In the meantime you can use a hair dryer on a low heat that's what they use on ibx tutorial on YouTube x

I got mine from louellabelle.co.uk the official uk distributor.

Thanks ordered today [emoji3]

Sorry to jump on this! I got the Louellabelle heat lamp and just realised its a little desk lamp with a 40w bulb, is that the same as what you received? IBX instructions say you need a 75-100w bulb for heat source so I'm wondering if this will work?? If not then why are they selling it to go with the IBX? Seems a bit of a rip off for what I paid for it! :(

Sorry to jump on this! I got the Louellabelle heat lamp and just realised its a little desk lamp with a 40w bulb, is that the same as what you received? IBX instructions say you need a 75-100w bulb for heat source so I'm wondering if this will work?? If not then why are they selling it to go with the IBX? Seems a bit of a rip off for what I paid for it! :(
I got the same. The paper instructions are confusing but that's the lamp they sell to go with IBX so it's fine. I did the training with them in Bristol and you need gentle heat or it will just burn away and evaporate before its penetrated the nail plate. Infrared lamps can be to fierce so if anyone has that they need to be about a foot away

I got the same. The paper instructions are confusing but that's the lamp they sell to go with IBX so it's fine. I did the training with them in Bristol and you need gentle heat or it will just burn away and evaporate before its penetrated the nail plate. Infrared lamps can be to fierce so if anyone has that they need to be about a foot away
Thank you so much for your reply.
So would you need to place the hand closer to the lamp than the instructions say if it's only a 40w?
I've bought the system to try out but didn't realise they did training in Bristol, the closest I could find was near Bournemouth. Who did you book with to train in Bristol if you don't mind me asking? That would be so much closer for me!
Thank you for your help x

A 40w bulb does not emit enough heat. It needs to be 75-100w. Think of the heat as a warm bath, that's what it needs to feel like. Also, a 40w infrared lamp (like the ones at a pet store) are ideal as they are specifically made for warming up. Just change the bulb on the lamp you bought and you'll be fine.

A 40w bulb does not emit enough heat. It needs to be 75-100w. Think of the heat as a warm bath, that's what it needs to feel like. Also, a 40w infrared lamp (like the ones at a pet store) are ideal as they are specifically made for warming up. Just change the bulb on the lamp you bought and you'll be fine.
I would but the lamp I bought with the system from the distributors says to only use a 40w bulb in it, I wonder if an infrared bulb would be compatible with it? Seems so silly they sold me that lamp with the system I feel like I've been ripped off!

A 40w infrared lamp will work with it. It keeps within manufacturers recommendations and it's the right amount of heat. Make sure you go to a pet supply place though, the ones sold other places are too strong. It will be where the reptile accessories are.

I brought the the whole IBX system at Pro Beauty in Feb and realized last week the lamp is a 40w bulb :(
Bit worried its not working to its full potential as the instructions clearly say needs to be 75-100w, i was going to give them a call but haven't had time....

Ohhhh I've recently bought this too and mine also is 40w.... might message on Facebook to see what they say

Do you REALLY need training to apply IBX......!
I've had the product since it's launch, was unaware this was necessary.:oops:

I use my infra red minx lamp as heat x

I brought the the whole IBX system at Pro Beauty in Feb and realized last week the lamp is a 40w bulb :(
Bit worried its not working to its full potential as the instructions clearly say needs to be 75-100w, i was going to give them a call but haven't had time....
It's really not working to full potential. You need to change the bulb to an infrared or 75-100 watt light bulb.

I have just spoken to Louella Belle and they said that as the 40w bulb is a reflector bulb it it fine and gives off sufficient heat, if i replace the bulb and its a 40w one just make sure its a reflector bulb not a standard one.

Phew :)

Do you REALLY need training to apply IBX......!
I've had the product since it's launch, was unaware this was necessary.:oops:
Me too but as training is now available I doubt I'd be insured so stopped offering it for now.

We'll need training on how to open a box next!:p

I have just spoken to Louella Belle and they said that as the 40w bulb is a reflector bulb it it fine and gives off sufficient heat, if i replace the bulb and its a 40w one just make sure its a reflector bulb not a standard one.

Phew :)
I've received the same info from them today.
Phew indeed! I can't wait to try it :D

Latest posts

Back