IBX qualification?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starry5

Reaction score
Hi!
I’ve spoken to quite a few people and have had different answers which has left me confused. I have qualified from my course (nvq3). Do I need to take a course to use Ibx?

Also do you prep the nail before or after applying Ibx to then place gels on top?
Thank you

Hi!
I’ve spoken to quite a few people and have had different answers which has left me confused. I have qualified from my course (nvq3). Do I need to take a course to use Ibx?

Also do you prep the nail before or after applying Ibx to then place gels on top?
Thank you
Hi Starry5,
I hoped to post a reply before now and I hope you accept my apologies as there has been a gremlin in the registration process, all is well now thankfully.
I would advise you attending the IBX course as I have found it invaluable for learning the science behind the products and gaining that all important confidence. I trained with Louella Belle and although the course seemed a little expensive at the time , I received full size products as part of the course.
The product sits inside the nail plate and is applied before a manicure procedure is done. The manufacturers state that a wet or dry manicure can be done after applying the ibx , but my personal preference is a dry manicure followed by either nail polish or gel polish.
Obviously informing your insurance will safeguard your own business and you will have the important certificate to demonstrate you know what you are doing and be covered should the worst happen.
The added bonus on the course was that it also gave me the education needed to do IBX Boost, which is a great product to support particularly very weak , papery thin nails at the start of the treatment programme. I just love it , I can't do without it and it's super on my very weak, nails so i'm a total convert.
I will point out that I am in no way connected to the company to sing it's praises, I have just totally been completely 100% happy !!!
It's a very good upgrade and nice addition to any manicure service.
Good luck Starry5

It's a shame they don't have online training for anyone already in possession of nail tech qualifications as there are not enough venues around to easily get their certificate for many.

Hello Alison, I totally agree with you ! I was just fortunate to get a very good accommodating trainer a train ride away in Derby. I took my dear sister along as it turned out that it was a one to one training session and as expected you normally work with a fellow student ,my sis got the benefit. Happy days for us. I chose a saturday as I do not work on a saturday so just great for me.
The revenue and benefit from the product is beyond my expectations , so I wish you the same luck as I had , a productive way to spend a cold wintry march last year.
Kind Regards RosieR

It's a shame they don't have online training for anyone already in possession of nail tech qualifications as there are not enough venues around to easily get their certificate for many.

I called Louella Belle the other day about IBX training and they're offering online training in March with the founder, Linda Nordstrom! Might be worth getting in touch with them :)

Latest posts

Back