IBX repair query on flaking and splitting nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie's Nails

Reaction score
Hi all I am loving IBX on my clients and am getting great results even after the first application. I have a natural nail client where IBX doesn't seem to be doing the trick however. Has anyone else found this? I don't know whether it's something I am doing wrong with her or whether it's just her nails? She has flakey nails which tend to split length ways. She is on her 5th application of IBX repair followed by protect, first every fortnight and now weekly. I saw her nails today and they seem no better, just a little stronger maybe. Any advice will be most appreciated :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396629269.347883.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396629269.347883.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 409
Can't offer you any advice but just to say I have 2 clients just like this too :( one has been having weekly IBX for 5 weeks now and said her nails are the worst they've ever been :( so I used Jessica fusion on her today instead. I guess it's like all treatments, and doesn't suit everyone . I have read all the posts about IBX and had done great results with some clients from using it but sadly don't think it's for this lady, the flaking was horrendous when she came in today :(
I DO believe in this product though.

Hi all I am loving IBX on my clients and am getting great results even after the first application. I have a natural nail client where IBX doesn't seem to be doing the trick however. Has anyone else found this? I don't know whether it's something I am doing wrong with her or whether it's just her nails? She has flakey nails which tend to split length ways. She is on her 5th application of IBX repair followed by protect, first every fortnight and now weekly. I saw her nails today and they seem no better, just a little stronger maybe. Any advice will be most appreciated :)

let's see if there is anything we can do to help??? Are you using Repair into the split? Are her nails strictly natural or are you doing gel polish? FYI, IBX/Repair should never be used more than once a week. If you are not using gel polish on her, I would only put Repair into the splits and peels, not on the entire nail.

Can't offer you any advice but just to say I have 2 clients just like this too :( one has been having weekly IBX for 5 weeks now and said her nails are the worst they've ever been :( so I used Jessica fusion on her today instead. I guess it's like all treatments, and doesn't suit everyone . I have read all the posts about IBX and had done great results with some clients from using it but sadly don't think it's for this lady, the flaking was horrendous when she came in today :(
I DO believe in this product though.

Just saw this, trying to figure out why the flaking would be worse??? Are applying IBX into the splits, then heating, then curing (blotting only if you have product on the surface) and then IBX over top of that?

After several weeks of using it I gotta say the same thing - IBX doesn't sort the problem of delaminagion on some clients (this also include my thumb), it doesn't strenghten some of the nails, too. Most of the time it does the job though so I'm not giving it up. I would say it fails maybe in 5% (in my stats).

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was just coming on here to ask the same thing.

Ibx seems to be showing an inprovement on my not so bad nails but my 4 already thin nails seem too have got worse than ever and are peeling so much ive had to trim them all off.

Icant suss out what im doing wrong. I will keep an eye out on this thread.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

all my clients so far that had ibx have had it under gels. I have a new client coming in this week who has severe delamination wanting ibx under normal nail polish. Would ibx be applied same as natural nail - so ibx repair just in the splits?? Then ibx over that? X

all my clients so far that had ibx have had it under gels. I have a new client coming in this week who has severe delamination wanting ibx under normal nail polish. Would ibx be applied same as natural nail - so ibx repair just in the splits?? Then ibx over that? X

Yes.

Have just had a thought on this (maybe Lindabuffet will comment).

It seems that the nails commented on in this thread are natural nail clients and not gel,polish clients? A gel polish client will have been through the removal process and therefore acetone will have penetrated into the delamination and removed any trace of oil or grease. This won't have happened with a natural nail client. I wonder if this is preventing the IBX from repairing the delamination as there is bound to be some grease inside the delamination? Even from putting in hand or face cream.

I wonder if it is worth using a soft brush dipped in acetone or alcohol cleanser across the edges of the nail before application? Hopefully, this would remove any graves of grease.

Could be worth a try and nothing to lose?

It seems that the nails commented on in this thread are natural nail clients and not gel,polish clients? A gel polish client will have been through the removal process and therefore acetone will have penetrated into the delamination and removed any trace of oil or grease. This won't have happened with a natural nail client. I wonder if this is preventing the IBX from repairing the delamination as there is bound to be some grease inside the delamination? Even from putting in hand or face cream.

I wonder if it is worth using a soft brush dipped in acetone or alcohol cleanser across the edges of the nail before application? Hopefully, this would remove any graves of grease.

that is interesting advice-without being able to see the nails it is really hard to try and figure this out. if it is natural nail clients, I still would only spot treat with Repair, then IBX over the top. if you could send me a photo the next time she comes in, that would really help, can send to[email protected].

Agree, it is worth trying.
My thumb is covered with Gelish though... it's like IBX repair does the job but in few days time the nail starts splitting again and I don't really have time to repeat removal, repair, Gelish and nail art every few days (which would probably help).

I have been using IBX on my own nails for 5 weeks now at weekly intervals and following the instructions for peeling splitting nails. I thoroughly cleanse my nail plate before applying. Again, when first done, my nails appear improved but as the week progresses they are just as bad if not a little worse. I am wearing gloves where required and using cuticle oil regularly as well. I am on a lot of medications and wondered if that had anything to do with it as I have a lot of problems with dry skin.

let's see if there is anything we can do to help??? Are you using Repair into the split? Are her nails strictly natural or are you doing gel polish? FYI, IBX/Repair should never be used more than once a week. If you are not using gel polish on her, I would only put Repair into the splits and peels, not on the entire nail.

My client is a natural nail client, no gel. I first used repair on the entire nail followed by IBX. I have now tried it just in the delamination, pushing it in, heat, then UV two mins. I didn't bother blotting this time in case I was blotting it off too much?? Previous times I've blotted. I then did IBX on the entire nail. My other clients are mainly under gel and are a great success. I'm baffled with this one but won't give up trying to help her. She does have her hands in water quite a bit, but wears gloves most of the time. Is once a week now too much? Thank you for your help and comments

Can anyone else help me please? My client is due back this Friday for another treatment and I have promised her some feedback before then from my fellow Geeks. Should I add gel to the service to give her nails a bit of strength or will this make matters worse? Any comments will be much appreciated.

Can anyone else help me please? My client is due back this Friday for another treatment and I have promised her some feedback before then from my fellow Geeks. Should I add gel to the service to give her nails a bit of strength or will this make matters worse? Any comments will be much appreciated.

Gel overlay will not make it worse, it will protect the nail which is good. I would buff off delamination, go with IBX Repair over entire nail followed with 1 layer of IBX and the gel/gel polish. I've done it today on a client and will do the same on myself tomorrow. It seems to me that on some clients IBX Repair doesn't stop delamination but surely together with IBX prevents it so I decided to get rid of splitting in first place. Also one of the clients switched back to IBX+gel polish combo as IBX itself didn't work for her, she broke 3 nails in 4 days time after the treatment...Hth :)

Gel overlay will not make it worse, it will protect the nail which is good. I would buff off delamination, go with IBX Repair over entire nail followed with 1 layer of IBX and the gel/gel polish. I've done it today on a client and will do the same on myself tomorrow. It seems to me that on some clients IBX Repair doesn't stop delamination but surely together with IBX prevents it so I decided to get rid of splitting in first place. Also one of the clients switched back to IBX+gel polish combo as IBX itself didn't work for her, she broke 3 nails in 4 days time after the treatment...Hth :)

Thank you Annabel that gives me a positive thing to try with her rather than not knowing where to go next :)

Thank you Annabel that gives me a positive thing to try with her rather than not knowing where to go next :)

Not a problem :)
If it still doesn't help we just need to accept it's not a treatment for everyone but I think it's worth trying different options before we give up.

I also have a few clients that ibx isn't working on, and in fact a couple of clients are worse with ibx. I am thinking of offering the treatment free to those clients, as I want to continue using it just to see if it will work, eventually, and I feel bad taking the extra £5 every week. Does anyone agree with this?

I also have a few clients that ibx isn't working on, and in fact a couple of clients are worse with ibx. I am thinking of offering the treatment free to those clients, as I want to continue using it just to see if it will work, eventually, and I feel bad taking the extra £5 every week. Does anyone agree with this?

It's your business so you can offer free treatments if you like - I will try Gelish for a symbolic price on a client who managed 3 days with it before IBX (extremely soft nails) just to see if IBX makes a difference, I'll learn from it. With those who are getting worse I'd be careful though as you don't want to ruin their nails completely. Maybe try it with gel polish instead? I'd go for 3 IBXes and try something else if there's no improvement. But that's only my opinion :)

Latest posts

Back