IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you client has become sensitized to acrylic-you should not use IBX on them.

Also, on the heat, I bought a small desk lamp (Target or Amazon) and that is what I use for the heat, Marian explained it perfectly. The heat along with the Avocado and Jojoba oils are want allow IBX to penetrate into the upper layers of the nail.

Thank you Linda! I'm so glad I asked!!

Does anyone know if there will be "trial" size bottles available at some point?

I am looking at an infra red what wattage would I need

I get that Famous Names are saying that this product can be used with all gel brands, but are there any brands that are specifically endorsing the use of this product with their gel?

We have been told over and over again that we should not mix products and that our insurance may be invalid if we do so. How is this not mixing products unless OPI, CND or whoever say I can do it?

It sounds like a wonder product and something we could all do with, the sticking point seems to be the need for heat.

Currently, I remove, prep and apply basecoat to one hand and then while that hand is in the LED lamp, I start the other and keep switching IYKWIM. So to use this product I can imagine prepping the second hand while the first hand is under the heat for 5 minutes. Now there's my problem. I have a Minx lamp but would not want to use it on my desk while I have a client with an acetone product on one of her hands and bits of acetone soaked pads around.

Clearly the hairdryer idea is not great. I wonder about those stupid nail dryer things you get (usually monkey faces), would they give off enough heat?

Wow! Some very well thought out questions!

I think I can answer a couple. With regards to 'mixing': i can't emphasise enough that there is nothing left on the surface of the nail. Then you do your usual nail prep, even cuticle work. FN spent a lot of time researching and testing and they are very confident that it can only help and not hinder. I am totally convinced that there are no insurance issues here, but asking when you understand the full procedure wouldn't hurt if you are worried. (I won't be holding my breath for another brand endorsing it though! They don't seem to like any 'cross pollination' even if it is a benefit.)

I don't see the timing as an issue. It is such a fast application that both hands will be under the heat at the same time but.....you need to build this into the price. The cost of product is minimal so the vast majority of the service is your time and overheads. This needs to be charged for.

Using a Minx (or any heat lamp or desk lamp) is an interesting one (and well thought out with regard to H&S). My opinion, for what it is worth, is this: any electrical equipment has the 'potential' to spark and cause a 'flashback'; most desks have a lamp (heat producing or otherwise) and a UV lamp; any use of a volatile solvent needs careful handling to minimise vapours; the 'heat' needed is WARMTH rather than HEAT; any removal should be carried out first and cleared away, or, at the very least kept to the other side of the desk so the first hand can be under the warmth; personally I would remove then apply IBX.

I, personally, don't like a hairdryer and, no, those monkey faces don't produce enough heat!!! LOL

If you're at PB go for a demo. If not try it! It is SO cost effective that you have very little to lose! I am about to launch it in a collaboration that am doing and, believe me, we are charging for it! Not just for the service times and COP but also for the technological advancement in caring for the natural nail and addressing the 'payoff' that comes will ALL nail coatings, even polish.

I hope that answers some of your concerns. I believe it is a 'game changer' which is why I'm taking the time to answer as much as I can. And this industry needs such products!

If you client has become sensitized to acrylic-you should not use IBX on them.

Also, on the heat, I bought a small desk lamp (Target or Amazon) and that is what I use for the heat, Marian explained it perfectly. The heat along with the Avocado and Jojoba oils are want allow IBX to penetrate into the upper layers of the nail.

I would add that when we tested IBX for natural nail growth, polish wear was improved. It would stand to reason if we are improving the integrity of the natural nail underneath the gel polish layer, it could improve the wear.

I'm using my Minx Lamp and am wearing IBX in my nails under my Shellac ... Perfect. I haven't mixed any systems by using IBX before applying Shellac.

When you say we do our prep, as normal, do we use scrubfresh/cleanse after IBX has cured or will this remove it? Also IBX being rich in oils, it will not cause subsequent products to lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say we do our prep, as normal, do we use scrubfresh/cleanse after IBX has cured or will this remove it? Also IBX being rich in oils, it will not cause subsequent products to lift?

If you read through the thread I've explained both of these questions :biggrin:

The US government banned incandescent lamp bulbs and are phasing them out. With that being said, how are we supposed to set the IBX Repair? I can't see myself sitting at my work station with a hair dryer for 5 mins. Seems rather unprofessional in my eyes.

My IBX is on its way :) I just got this dryer and it is presentable and professional and gives off a nice amount of heat

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389808440253.jpg
    1389808440253.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 609
If you read through the thread I've explained both of these questions :biggrin:

Sorry. Pet peeve of mine asking something already explained! I've read through but obviously missed it completely. Will check again :) x

Hope i'm not gonna p** ever one off by asking a question that may already of been asked..but i can't see it..so

What is everyone going to charge/the recommended price for ibx to your clients??...
and how would you phrase it...manicure or treatment...??
are you going to charge an additionally little bit for gel polish on top??

My IBX is on its way :) I just got this dryer and it is presentable and professional and gives off a nice amount of heat

Can I ask how much it was

I get that Famous Names are saying that this product can be used with all gel brands, but are there any brands that are specifically endorsing the use of this product with their gel?

We have been told over and over again that we should not mix products and that our insurance may be invalid if we do so. How is this not mixing products unless OPI, CND or whoever say I can do it?

It sounds like a wonder product and something we could all do with, the sticking point seems to be the need for heat.

Currently, I remove, prep and apply basecoat to one hand and then while that hand is in the LED lamp, I start the other and keep switching IYKWIM. So to use this product I can imagine prepping the second hand while the first hand is under the heat for 5 minutes. Now there's my problem. I have a Minx lamp but would not want to use it on my desk while I have a client with an acetone product on one of her hands and bits of acetone soaked pads around.

Clearly the hairdryer idea is not great. I wonder about those stupid nail dryer things you get (usually monkey faces), would they give off enough heat?

Hi, Jim Nordstrom here: Wanted to respond to the mixing products comment: Some manufacturer’s suggest that your insurance may not be enforce if you mix systems. We agree with that, for example, if you use one manufacturer’s gel polish top and base coats and another one’s color coat and your client has a sever reaction, who do you call? The good news with IBX is it is an add on service/product to any gel polish system on the market. So it's not mixing a system but enhancing it. Also, we have had a few people ask if IBX affects the adhesion of gel polish, here is the answer: IBX is adhesion neutral…it does not enhance or reduce it. What IBX does do is make the nail plate tougher and stronger giving it extra protection to better withstand the gel polish soak off cycle.

Hope all of this is of help :)

Hope i'm not gonna p** ever one off by asking a question that may already of been asked..but i can't see it..so

What is everyone going to charge/the recommended price for ibx to your clients??...
and how would you phrase it...manicure or treatment...??
are you going to charge an additionally little bit for gel polish on top??

I think this is a great question! In the US, we have advised nail pro's to charge $10-15 for the first application (which requires two full applications) on top of the gel polish service price and $8-10 for ongoing. Hope this helps

Don't know if this helps but liddl currently have a free standing infra red lamp on sale. I have no idea if this would be suitable, but guessing so as no less professional than a hair dryer

The key is you need a source of heat. If the lamp puts out a large amount of heat, make sure you hold the hand far enough way that it doesn't over heat the nail plate...we want to make sure that the IBX has enough time to penetrate into the nail.

The key is you need a source of heat. If the lamp puts out a large amount of heat, make sure you hold the hand far enough way that it doesn't over heat the nail plate...we want to make sure that the IBX has enough time to penetrate into the nail.

Great thanks Jim

I should be receiving mine this week!! :D and you just reminded me that i have one of these babies hiding in a cabinet. Will pull it out and use this, thanks! :p

Latest posts

Back