IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The US government banned incandescent lamp bulbs and are phasing them out. With that being said, how are we supposed to set the IBX Repair? I can't see myself sitting at my work station with a hair dryer for 5 mins. Seems rather unprofessional in my eyes.

Yep.....I brought this up and didn't get a reasonable response from anyone

Yep.....I brought this up and didn't get a reasonable response from anyone

BUT I assume its seen as safe and ok to use the infra red MINX lamp in the US?? why not use that??

Here you go! Horses mouth and all that!

IBX Application Instructions - YouTube

and

Home

so from that video I understand,
IBX repair under gel polish procedure:
1.Apply ibx repair to nails as needed (approx 2 mins)
2.Apply heat (1 min)
3.Cure under lamp (1min led, 2min cnd)
4.Apply ibx to all nails (approx 2 mins)
5.Apply heat for 5 mins
6. Cure under lamp (1min led, 2min cnd)
For first time application then....
7. Apply ibx to all nails (approx 2 mins)
8. Apply heat for 3 mins
7. Cure under lamp (1 min led, 2min cnd)

For us CND girlies, this is looking to me for a first time client like a treatment time of upwards of 20mins and for a minimum (clients we are just maintaining) ie just x1 ibx, about half that time.This however is assuming that I can stuff both my clients hands in my cnd lamp at the same time and I also have a heat source that can do both hands at the same time.

Given the recommended treatment prices posted, the key to this treatment being worthwhile from a business/profit point of view is going to be getting your timings as streamlined as possible and perhaps working it into your routine alongside removal & prep so that the heating/curing cycle isnt idle time.

Would appreciate any tips from those using it in their business as to how they work.

so from that video I understand,
IBX repair under gel polish procedure:
1.Apply ibx repair to nails as needed (approx 2 mins)
2.Apply heat (1 min)
3.Cure under lamp (1min led, 2min cnd)
4.Apply ibx to all nails (approx 2 mins)
5.Apply heat for 5 mins
6. Cure under lamp (1min led, 2min cnd)
For first time application then....
7. Apply ibx to all nails (approx 2 mins)
8. Apply heat for 3 mins
7. Cure under lamp (1 min led, 2min cnd)

For us CND girlies, this is looking to me for a first time client like a treatment time of upwards of 20mins and for a minimum (clients we are just maintaining) ie just x1 ibx, about half that time.This however is assuming that I can stuff both my clients hands in my cnd lamp at the same time and I also have a heat source that can do both hands at the same time.

Given the recommended treatment prices posted, the key to this treatment being worthwhile from a business/profit point of view is going to be getting your timings as streamlined as possible and perhaps working it into your routine alongside removal & prep so that the heating/curing cycle isnt idle time.

Would appreciate any tips from those using it in their business as to how they work.

The video says 2 applications of ibx for first time treatment so needs heating for 3 mins and curing for 2 on the second coat of ibx - this is how I understood it xx

I am looking at an infra red what wattage would I need

This has already been answered on this thread - its 75w-100w

For anyone looking for a lamp I just ordered this one http://bit.ly/1m1DZJm from eBay. Arrived today and is a good size especially since I'm mobile. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The video says 2 applications of ibx for first time treatment so needs heating for 3 mins and curing for 2 on the second coat of ibx - this is how I understood it xx

that's what I wrote isn't it? sorry, I don't understand the point you are making?

oh, I think you mean the second time you treat, rather than the second coat of ibx is only 3 mins.
So ongoing treatment is 2 mins quicker than I was thinking....maybe 7-8mins instead of 9-10. thanks!

Does anyone know if there will be "trial" size bottles available at some point?

There will not be...just like the gel polish lines, the bottles need to be coated which is a very expensive process. The IBX Duo Pack is only **.**GBP, and gives a lot of uses per bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I can't wait for this.

The best part is that clients (okay, me included) can't pick it off!

I am laughing at this as its absolutely true...this product will be a nail biters nightmare!

that's what I wrote isn't it? sorry, I don't understand the point you are making?

oh, I think you mean the second time you treat, rather than the second coat of ibx is only 3 mins.
So ongoing treatment is 2 mins quicker than I was thinking....maybe 7-8mins instead of 9-10. thanks!

For first time clients, you apply the system twice. On the first, application, heat is used for five minutes (for IBX) and on the second, heat is used for three minutes. For ongoing reapplications, only one application is necessary and with three minutes for the heat part.
We timed the average first time client application at 15 minutes or less and the ongoing is about 8-10 minutes, so its goes fast.

We timed the first time client application at 15 minutes and the ongoing at 8-10 minutes. Like any new product system, as you use it, you streamline the process.

BUT I assume its seen as safe and ok to use the infra red MINX lamp in the US?? why not use that??

Yes, the Minx Heat will work well...we have not tested with it, so don't know how long, but it might require slightly less time as it has a high heat output. The goal with the heat is to aid in the penetration...
Also, with Repair, you only need one minute of heat.

We timed the first time client application at 15 minutes and the ongoing at 8-10 minutes. Like any new product system, as you use it, you streamline the process.

That fits with my workings on previous page (but using a quicker LED lamp) - and not including Repair Application (perhaps another 5 minutes) Can you confirm that it's best to do both hands at once?

Hope people can share ways of streamlining with CND Pep procedures or Shellac Removal?

Waiting with anticipation for the UK pricing model......for once I'm hoping that the addage that everything is more expensive over here is true as the comment in the brochure that it's 'only a $5' upsell is making me think this is a loss-leader service.

Deleted post, sorry about that!

Last edited:
I watched the YouTube video and it's still a bit confusing but what's confusing me more is why is it called IBX, what does that mean?

Ok, please don't shoot me if this is a dumb question. I've watched the video on Youtube, and I completely understand the procedure for applying the product for the first time.

My question is: If using IBX as a treatment under GEL nails, the second time the client visits, do you apply both IBX repair AND IBX again, or just the IBX?

This is from Louella belle

£***+VAT IBX
£***+VAT IBX Repair
£***+VAT IBX Duo pack- Contains one of each product. (Special discounted launch price at show £***+VAT with free 15ml Dadi Oil)

Hth
X

You should delete this as we don't post trade prices on this site as it's viewable by the public.

I'm more interested in what the cost you would charge your client is as as I see it the cost of the product is negligble but the time taken is of importance.

Putting asside product costs and overhead,
Most of my time I am doing shellac, I take £30 for a re-shellac taking me 40 minutes

If I do say 4 ongoing IBX treatments taking 10 minutes each in a day I loose a shellac appointment timeslot... (only so many hours in a day!)

if i'm only charging £3 (=$5) for those IBX treatments I've taken £12 in that 40 minutes rather that £30. The maximum suggested ongoing treatment price in the US brochure is only $10 = £24 for 40 minutes

So assuming i'm fully booked with Shellac most days I would be loosing money by introducing this treatment... that said i'm not fully booked most days and I can see this as a massive selling point to both regular and new clients (natural manicures + those who were too 'flaky' for gel polish). Lost-leader is not a derogatory comment btw!

It's not like an upsell of say a nail oil or matching polish that doesn't taken any time... there is a significant time cost attached to this treatment and time=money! Fingers crossed the UK pricing model reflects this as I would expect a new and breakthrough product to be at a premium!

Those in Canada / US who have their orders on the way, have you decided what you are going to charge?

HelBels - I don't believe that you do use IBX Repair under gel nails as a matter of routine, only if there is delamination/damage... but I agree this point needs clarifying?

LBR- I think it was earlier on this thread, or maybe I've read it elsewhere but apparently the code name for this product when it was developed was IceBerg (makes sense) and the X was added as roman numeral for 10, as in 10 digits...

Which brings me to another question, has it been tried on toes? Lot's of problem toes out there - would it work? Can't see why not? Could be the answer for my ladies who want to wear Vinylux on their toes but currently need either Shellac or Smoothing BL to even out the nail plate.

Step by step printable instructions found here.
Click on the tab - Why nails love IBX - Application Instructions.
Makes sense when you watch the video too!

Home

Latest posts

Back