IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, please don't shoot me if this is a dumb question. I've watched the video on Youtube, and I completely understand the procedure for applying the product for the first time.

My question is: If using IBX as a treatment under GEL nails, the second time the client visits, do you apply both IBX repair AND IBX again, or just the IBX?

Bit hidden on the website, but there is a comprehensive step by step that answers this....just found it

http://ibxnails.com/wp-content/uploads/application-instructions.pdf

I'm not really sure why anyone is concerned about a UK pricing structure?

The figure in the brochure is just a guideline in the US.

As Syngage has commented on, the COP is tiny but you've all worked out the time needed (and Jim has provided the optimum time needed). This is what you need to work out your charge for the testament.

You should all know your overheads and what you need to earn in an hour to provide an income you're happy with (and this is your business and no one else's) add on a small amount for COP (not forgetting to add VAT and postage to that unit cost) and that is what you should charge for an IBX treatment.

You can charge what you like! I believe this is a premium service and a technical breakthrough that will 'save' many nails. There is nothing else like it and clients will see the difference! This, to my mind, is worth a premium price.

You can charge what you like! I believe this is a premium service and a technical breakthrough that will 'save' many nails. There is nothing else like it and clients will see the difference! This, to my mind, is worth a premium price.

my thoughts exactly..... $5 is an insult!

I'm concerned by the US pricing model, as that is given in the literature we have seen so far. Whether there will be corresponding UK literature with GBP£ pricing suggestions I do not know.

I know, and you know how to work out how much I to charge, but many don't know or can't be bothered to calculate such things they just go off what others are charging or what the manufacturer recommends... how many questions on here have we seen asking what the rrp is or what they should charge. If a low figure is given in the UK supporting literature many (most) people will charge that and then it become difficult to justify/support a fair price.

I am laughing at this as its absolutely true...this product will be a nail biters nightmare!

Mwah ha ha ha (evil laugh) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm concerned by the US pricing model, as that is given in the literature we have seen so far. Whether there will be corresponding UK literature with GBP£ pricing suggestions I do not know.

I know, and you know how to work out how much I to charge, but many don't know or can't be bothered to calculate such things they just go off what others are charging or what the manufacturer recommends... how many questions on here have we seen asking what the rrp is or what they should charge. If a low figure is given in the UK supporting literature many (most) people will charge that and then it become difficult to justify/support a fair price.

i had more messages than I care to remember from nail techs asking how much *I* was going to charge for Brisa Lite in *my* salon - is it really that difficult to work out their own prices?? or can they just not be ar$ed and let someone else do all the legwork?

it is YOUR business, surely only YOU know what YOU are worth.
Charge accordingly!

Hi all, Linda here, as far as pricing that is something you need to decide, every area and salon if different. In our brochure we "suggest" $10-$15 for the first application and $8-$10 for ongoing applications. BUT, this is totally your decision!

That fits with my workings on previous page (but using a quicker LED lamp) - and not including Repair Application (perhaps another 5 minutes) Can you confirm that it's best to do both hands at once?

Hope people can share ways of streamlining with CND Pep procedures or Shellac Removal?

Waiting with anticipation for the UK pricing model......for once I'm hoping that the addage that everything is more expensive over here is true as the comment in the brochure that it's 'only a $5' upsell is making me think this is a loss-leader service.

Linda N here---the place in the brochure where you read $5.00-this is what this tech charges, she is in the middle of Minnesota and her pricing structure is low (if you have ever been to Minnesota you understand)! If you go to the next page of the brochure, you can see our suggested pricing is a lot higher. You have to determine what your area and salon warrants for pricing. This is totally up to you!

I finally had some time to try ibx on myself ( it's been sitting on my bench for days now). Here are some pics I'm taking during the process to compare, thought some of you may be interested.

My poor nails (I will admit it I picked some gel off) after scrubfresh and before application of ibx repair
View attachment 53005

Pic 2 is after ibx repair, heat lamp and blotting you can see a shine from product on there
View attachment 53006

Pic 3 is after 2 mins in CND lamp you can see there is no longer any product visible but nail condition looks improved
View attachment 53007

I'm currently applying the IBX and will post more comparison pics shortly

Ok first application of two (as it's the first time I've used it) of IBX.

Pic 1 after complete ibx repair application and then scrubfresh ready for IBX
View attachment 53008

Pic 2 after ibx, under heat for 5 mins and then blotted
View attachment 53009

Pic 3 after 2 mins in CND lamp there is still very slight trace of product but not much
View attachment 53010

Second application shortly

Sorry seems to have posted pic 3 twice in the last post ?? this should be pic 2
View attachment 53011

Ok last application of IBX
Pic 1 after IBX repair and 1st app of IBX and then scrubfresh ready for second app
View attachment 53012

Pic 2 after second IBX app heat lamp for 3 mins and blotted
View attachment 53013

Pic 3 after 2 mins in CND lamp again less visible product after this stage
View attachment 53014

Pic 4 final scrubfresh IBX app is complete and ready to proceed with manicure for polish or (for me) Shellac. HUGE difference in appearance of dehydration on the nail and the appearance of damage near the free edge of the index finger has minimised.
View attachment 53015

I am curious to see how much better they are after another application next time

For first time clients, you apply the system twice. On the first, application, heat is used for five minutes (for IBX) and on the second, heat is used for three minutes. For ongoing reapplications, only one application is necessary and with three minutes for the heat part.
We timed the average first time client application at 15 minutes or less and the ongoing is about 8-10 minutes, so its goes fast.

So if using under gel polish, it's IBX repair first then 2 coats of IBX yes? Thanks for answering all our questions :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Bare Beauty thank you so much for taking the time to post all those pics. I'm just confused because it appears that you're scrubfreshing alot. I thought you only scrubfreshed after the full application of both ibx and ibx repair was finished and you are proceeding with normal gel polish/shellac application. Could you please explain, thanks. Also on the 1st usage are you applying ibx twice and ibx repair twice? How long would you say the total service took? Did you use a hairdryer as the heat source?

Bare Beauty thank you so much for taking the time to post all those pics. I'm just confused because it appears that you're scrubfreshing alot. I thought you only scrubfreshed after the full application of both ibx and ibx repair was finished and you are proceeding with normal gel polish/shellac application. Could you please explain, thanks. Also on the 1st usage are you applying ibx twice and ibx repair twice? How long would you say the total service took? Did you use a hairdryer as the heat source?

I scrubfreshed whenever the instructions said "cleanse nails with your preferred nail cleanser" this is before and after each application of product (IBX repair and then IBX) because it was my first time using I did have to apply the IBX twice which meant an extra scrubfresh. Next time there would be three times I would scrubfresh - before I start application of IBX repair, at end of app of IBX repair and at end of app of IBX. I was wondering if IP alcohol would suffice as it seemed a shame that they were looking good and then they'd look dehydrated again after the scrubfresh (though as you can see it was not as bad as they did to begin with).
On first application IBX Repair is applied once and IBX is applied twice.
Look the service did take awhile but it was the first time I had ever used it so I was continuously checking the instructions to ensure I didn't miss anything and it was on myself so I had to completely finish one hand before I could work on the next. I couldn't tell you how many minutes as timing was not a concern to me - being a new product my concern was getting the procedure correct ;). It is very straight forward and I can see that when applying to a client you could have one hand under the heat and the other in the uv or led lamp which would save time.
I used my Minx lamp for the application.

Hi all, I have some queries hope someone out there can help - I have rang LouelleBelle but wether I wasn't explaining right im not sure but still wasn't all clear

they did say though that no need to cleanse (scrub fresh) between coats (2 coats on 1st application)

my queries :)
*Is there any reason you couldn't use cuticle remover before applying IBX?
*Would you always use the repair (as well as IBX) before gel polish?
*When using for gap & damage repair you apply to spaces in delaminated layers would you also then apply to rest of nail or just on the delaminated areas?
*Would we still use Brisa Lite for extra strength - would Brisa Lite eventually not be needed?

I have a lot of clients that this will be fab for :)

It is here!! eek

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389986116084.jpg
    1389986116084.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 463
  • 1389986129592.jpg
    1389986129592.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 414
Hi all, I have some queries hope someone out there can help - I have rang LouelleBelle but wether I wasn't explaining right im not sure but still wasn't all clear

they did say though that no need to cleanse (scrub fresh) between coats (2 coats on 1st application)

my queries :)
*Is there any reason you couldn't use cuticle remover before applying IBX?
*Would you always use the repair (as well as IBX) before gel polish?
*When using for gap & damage repair you apply to spaces in delaminated layers would you also then apply to rest of nail or just on the delaminated areas?
*Would we still use Brisa Lite for extra strength - would Brisa Lite eventually not be needed?

I have a lot of clients that this will be fab for :)

I don't think you want to use cuticle remover, we want to make sure that nail is totally clean and dry so that IBX can penetrate down into the layers.
Yes, you always want to use the Repair, Repair is what will help eliminate the white spots due to the removal process.

The only time you will put Repair over the entire nail is in conjunction with a Gel Polish Application.

Bit hidden on the website, but there is a comprehensive step by step that answers this....just found it

http://ibxnails.com/wp-content/uploads/application-instructions.pdf

Thanks for posting this, it makes it all crystal clear now. Can't wait for it to come out now, not least because my own nails can never grow very long. They get to a certain length and break, and I get a lot of peeling and flaking at the free edge. I'll be a good guinea pig for the the product!!

Latest posts

Back