IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question
Did ibx/repair 1st application on my mate yesterday and as she was intending to leave them natural afterwards I only put repair on the areas of delam. She then changed her mind near the end and wanted BL smoothing gel on afterwards. My question is as I've only used repair on the damaged areas will anything happen eg dehydration marks? I know that you're supposed to use repair over the entire nail under gel so I'm wondering what the consequences may be??
Thanks

Jim N: No bad consequences. Firstly, if you are referring to the "white spots", those are not dehydration spots...this is a common misunderstanding. They are cuased by the removal process. The IBX Repair is a surface sealant and a adhesive repair for specific nail damage. The IBX is what creates the bulk of the IPN (Interpenetrating Polymer Network) in the nail, so you missed that part.

Have you tried the nail polish dryer yet please??

I've been getting updates on ibx treatment I did on my friend nearly 2 weeks ago and they're still splitting/breaking at the free edge and haven't noticeably changed. I'm redoing the treatment on Tuesday (will be 2 weeks) and as the nails are still so bad should I do the ibx twice again (like first application routine) or will once be enough? I attach a pic of the nails she sent me yesterday.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395389402.732873.jpg

Just received my IBX and I'm going to be trialling it on myself underneath Vinylux and other regular polish, I normally repolish once a week so how will this work? Do I need to actually remove the IBX each week before I polish, or does it not need removing? And can you remove and repolish between IBX treatments without affecting the IBX???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just received my IBX and I'm going to be trialling it on myself underneath Vinylux and other regular polish, I normally repolish once a week so how will this work? Do I need to actually remove the IBX each week before I polish, or does it not need removing? And can you remove and repolish between IBX treatments without affecting the IBX???

Removing and redoing polish won't affect the ibx at all as the ibx is inside the nail plate layers and can't actually be removed, just grows out over time.

Removing and redoing polish won't affect the ibx at all as the ibx is inside the nail plate layers and can't actually be removed, just grows out over time.

Totally, and just to reinfoce that IBX shouldn't be applied earlier than the week. So if you decide to change your polish 4 days later, no IBX. As the nails get stronger space out the IBX treatments on a monthly basis.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Totally, and just to reinfoce that IBX shouldn't be applied earlier than the week. So if you decide to change your polish 4 days later, no IBX. As the nails get stronger space out the IBX treatments on a monthly basis.

Really? So as the nails improve go longer between applications? Oh I didn't know that.

Ah thankyou for clarifying that for me :)

Really? So as the nails improve go longer between applications? Oh I didn't know that.

Absolutely. Its my understanding that reapplying earlier than 7 days can cause brittleness. Im sure Jim and/or Linda can correct if I am wrong.
Depending on the severity of the damage we start with weekly treatments until they have improved, then we spread the treatments to biweekly application and then monthly :)

Absolutely. Its my understanding that reapplying earlier than 7 days can cause brittleness. Im sure Jim and/or Linda can correct if I am wrong.
Depending on the severity of the damage we start with weekly treatments until they have improved, then we spread the treatments to biweekly application and then monthly :)

This post is very important for me. Thank you, Biljana!

In the last days I liked to talk in this thread about my experiences about IBX and the stability of shellac but it seems that I was the only one with problems. A lot of other geeks are raving because the stability is going on.
I made the contrary experience. In average I can wear Shellac 12 days without a chip. In time I was using IBX my Shellac lasted only 10 days. The second time it was only 8 days. At this time I didn`t thought about the reason IBX. I tried now Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel on it`s own without Shellac because I wanted to see how long it lasts (first time I used Brisa Lite Smoothing gel anyway). I was shocked: After 5 days the first nail chipped. One day later the next one. This was the time where I thought the reason could perhaps be the IBX. Did I anything do wrong? Now, because of your post, Biljana, I know, what perhaps might be the reason. Sometime I have the opinium: more helps more ;-), and so I applied the IBX the first time on one day, and than again the next day. The second time I used the IBX I made two full applications on one day, one after the other: IBX repair and once again IBX repair, IBX, then shellacking.

Can this surely reduce the stability of Shellac (or other gel polishes):eek: ? You talked about brittleness, Biljana. My nails seems in good condition after the IBX but perhaps it can actually be possible that that will be the reason of the short durability???

The last time I did no IBX application. At the moment my Shellac (with BLS under) is on day 7 without chipping.. Thumbs pressing that it will last like before.

I would be happy if Linda and Jim would write their opinium to my facts.

Regards from Germany

Barbara

This post is very important for me. Thank you, Biljana!

In the last days I liked to talk in this thread about my experiences about IBX and the stability of shellac but it seems that I was the only one with problems. A lot of other geeks are raving because the stability is going on.
I made the contrary experience. In average I can wear Shellac 12 days without a chip. In time I was using IBX my Shellac lasted only 10 days. The second time it was only 8 days. At this time I didn`t thought about the reason IBX. I tried now Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel on it`s own without Shellac because I wanted to see how long it lasts (first time I used Brisa Lite Smoothing gel anyway). I was shocked: After 5 days the first nail chipped. One day later the next one. This was the time where I thought the reason could perhaps be the IBX. Did I anything do wrong? Now, because of your post, Biljana, I know, what perhaps might be the reason. Sometime I have the opinium: more helps more ;-), and so I applied the IBX the first time on one day, and than again the next day. The second time I used the IBX I made two full applications on one day, one after the other: IBX repair and once again IBX repair, IBX, then shellacking.

Can this surely reduce the stability of Shellac (or other gel polishes):eek: ? You talked about brittleness, Biljana. My nails seems in good condition after the IBX but perhaps it can actually be possible that that will be the reason of the short durability???

The last time I did no IBX application. At the moment my Shellac (with BLS under) is on day 7 without chipping.. Thumbs pressing that it will last like before.

I would be happy if Linda and Jim would write their opinium to my facts.

Regards from Germany

Barbara

Definitely sounds as if you over did it with IBX. IBX once a week for damaged nails, no earlier than that. Perhaps now if you space out the treatments it may make a difference. Less is more in this instance :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

For those of you using a MINX lamp as you heat source, are you able to do two hands at once?

For those of you using a MINX lamp as you heat source, are you able to do two hands at once?

Hi Jemima yes I do two hands at once with the Minx lamp.

Yep I do both hands too.

Karaxxx

I've been getting updates on ibx treatment I did on my friend nearly 2 weeks ago and they're still splitting/breaking at the free edge and haven't noticeably changed. I'm redoing the treatment on Tuesday (will be 2 weeks) and as the nails are still so bad should I do the ibx twice again (like first application routine) or will once be enough? I attach a pic of the nails she sent me yesterday.
View attachment 59606

Anyone got an opinion on whether I should do the ibx twice again as the nails haven't improved? Thanks

Hi, i would say to do the ibx repair & then the ibx just the once, as it's still in the nail from the last treatment, hth x

Anyone got an opinion on whether I should do the ibx twice again as the nails haven't improved? Thanks

The instructions state only use IBX twice on first application only!
Subsequent treatments IBX to be used once!
Maybe try weekly treatments not all nails will dramatically change with just one treatment especially if the nails are bad.

I have now done 6 ibx applications on my nails and they are wonderful. My natural nails are thin, bendy, peel and break easily. I had 2 corners break off between applications 2 and 3 but after the 4th my nails have been so strong. Still thin but strong, no bending, peels had been fused down with IBX repair and no more breaks. I try to be careful with my nails but even when I am not they can take a bit of abuse. I am thrilled. Additionally my nails have some wonkyness and this is gradually improving as my nails grow out.

One client has some nails with significant areas where the nail plate is detached from the nail bed--this was due to problems with acrylic nails many years ago. We are seeing areas where the nail is reattaching to the bed. She also has one nail with a significant (constant) split. I had repaired it and and it grew out without splitting but when I started IBX I did not do anything else to prevent the split and it did split again. She has had only 3 IBX applications so after the last application (with special attention to the split) I did a silk wrap repair and I am hoping after a few more applications of IBX and time for the damage to grow out, that this split with not return.

You may laugh, but I've put it in super simple terms to give to all of my staff as reference, hope its all correct?
I'm using my CND UV lamp.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395655957.180940.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395655964.292611.jpg

Latest posts

Back