IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why?
Shorten the times and keep going as per usual.
Too much of the good thing is not always good :) people constantly overabuse everything. It is quite simple, don't apply IBX more than once a week.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I personally don't have an issue I get it, but there are many many many who don't.

Hi, when you are seeing your clients weekly/biweekly for IBX are you literally just applying the IBX or are you performing a manicure/mini manicure with it?
Thanks

I'd see what the client needs and advise them accordingly but usually if its biweekly then I perform a mani/mini mani with the 1st application and then I'd probably do a mini mani on the 3rd application an so on missing one or two i in between.

I'm very aware that money is tight for most people so I'd only advise what to do but if they choose not too, I'd still do the treatment as I want then to have strong nails.

Karaxxx

I will probably get flamed for this, but I really don't understand why so many people have had such a problem understanding the instructions for IBX.

In the early days it was confusing because the product hadn't been released yet, but now that it has, I think the instructions that come in the box are step by step and easy to understand.

I will probably get flamed for this, but I really don't understand why so many people have had such a problem understanding the instructions for IBX.

In the early days it was confusing because the product hadn't been released yet, but now that it has, I think the instructions that come in the box are step by step and easy to understand.

I agree. I don't really understand why people are getting in such a pickle. It is so straightforward. Follow the instructions and, once you've done it a couple of times, it's really simple!

Yes, the timings have come down slightly but I wonder how many were setting a stop watch for the heating step?

As for the 'too many' applications, the best thing is to assess your clients nails with understanding of the nail plate! If it is very thin it stands to reason that this cannot take much IBX.

Just follow instructions and usage recommendations.

It's a shame that there was such confusion over the heat source. The US still use the 'old fashioned' bulbs that give off heat. The EU are phasing these out. But tree are plenty of recommendations for inexpensive solutions now.

I think if Famous Names had brought out a branded heat lamp plus an LED UV lamp there would have been many complaints about having to buy more equipment. I believe they have just tried to make a fantastic product accessible to all at minimal outlay.

As much as I endorse and promote education, this is really a product that is so easy to use that training really isn't needed!

Personally, I would love to see a little branded heat source and a little LED (like the Dashing Diva one Linda uses in her video), all as optional extras. But that's a BIG investment for a relatively new company and may have put the price up!!

Follow the instructions and you can't go wrong!!!

I've not understood any if the confusion! I understand even less the confusion over the heat source? It's really not been a big deal. I got a £10 infrared lamp from eBay that works perfectly. You then use whatever lamp you use to cure your gel to cure IBX both these IBX threads have been the same question repeated again and again!

I've not understood any if the confusion! I understand even less the confusion over the heat source? It's really not been a big deal. I got a £10 infrared lamp from eBay that works perfectly. You then use whatever lamp you use to cure your gel to cure IBX both these IBX threads have been the same question repeated again and again!

I do not like the infra red lamp. It's hard to position it to cover all five nails without it getting too hot on certain bits of the hand. I feel I have to hold it over the clients hand and I don't want to have to sit and do this :Scared:.

I asked previously if a nail polish dryer would work like this, but still haven't had an answer :rolleyes:

Nail Art Finger Toe Varnish Dryer Polish Warm & Cool Blower Fan Breeze w/Sensor | eBay

I do not like the infra red lamp. It's hard to position it to cover all five nails without it getting too hot on certain bits of the hand. I feel I have to hold it over the clients hand and I don't want to have to sit and do this :Scared:.

I asked previously if a nail polish dryer would work like this, but still haven't had an answer :rolleyes:

Nail Art Finger Toe Varnish Dryer Polish Warm & Cool Blower Fan Breeze w/Sensor | eBay

Mine just sit with there fingers at a comfortable distance I don't have to hold the lamp. Think it works well especially doing all 10 fingers at once :)

Mine just sit with there fingers at a comfortable distance I don't have to hold the lamp. Think it works well especially doing all 10 fingers at once :)

Same here :) I do all 10 nails and the client assumes a kind of "claw" position with both hands and I ask them to place their hands where they feel a comfortable warmth.

I don't understand either why some try to overthink the procedure - once you have it down, it's easy.

One minute less heat time for the IBX portion is also a little bonus :) xx

Same here :) I do all 10 nails and the client assumes a kind of "claw" position with both hands and I ask them to place their hands where they feel a comfortable warmth.

I don't understand either why some try to overthink the procedure - once you have it down, it's easy.

One minute less heat time for the IBX portion is also a little bonus :) xx

Yes,that's how mine sit. Couldn't think of a way to describe it but they rest their arms on my arm rest so aren't holding their hands or arms up in the air x

Thought I'd just share the lamp I am using for IBX. I originally purchased the Medisana Infra Red lamp and found that as it didn't angle downwards I was either balancing it precariously on a rolled towel or holding it above the clients hands and it was difficult to get all the nails under at once.

I've since purchased this from Dunelm Mill, and have just used the infrared bulb from my Medisana lamp in it. Works perfectly, is adjustable to get exactly the right height for the client and easily covers both hands when placed side by side flat on the table.

It comes in 4 colours (I chose the duck egg blue one which is an added bonus as it matches my room decor :)

Desk Lamp | Dunelm

Forgot to say it also unscrews from the base so can be used in a G-clamp if you have one on your desk! xx

Thought I'd just share the lamp I am using for IBX. I originally purchased the Medisana Infra Red lamp and found that as it didn't angle downwards I was either balancing it precariously on a rolled towel or holding it above the clients hands and it was difficult to get all the nails under at once.

I've since purchased this from Dunelm Mill, and have just used the infrared bulb from my Medisana lamp in it. Works perfectly, is adjustable to get exactly the right height for the client and easily covers both hands when placed side by side flat on the table.

It comes in 4 colours (I chose the duck egg blue one which is an added bonus as it matches my room decor :)

Desk Lamp | Dunelm

Forgot to say it also unscrews from the base so can be used in a G-clamp if you have one on your desk! xx
I'm going to ask probably a stupid question but what kind of bulb will this take, do you know if I would be able to put an infra red bulb in it from my infra red lamp!

I'm going to ask probably a stupid question but what kind of bulb will this take, do you know if I would be able to put an infra red bulb in it from my infra red lamp!

Not stupid at all :) The fitting takes the larger sized edison screw type bulb - the infra red bulb that came with my small white infra red lamp fits in it perfectly :)

Not stupid at all :) The fitting takes the larger sized edison screw type bulb - the infra red bulb that came with my small white infra red lamp fits in it perfectly :)

Thank you very much! This will be so much easier to position over the nails than the infra red lamp I have :biggrin:

Desk Lamp | Dunelm

I bought this one after seeing yours Rachel, its great, I got it in black to match the table :) xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think I have the same lamp as mentioned above and I agree... For £10 it's bloomin perfect... All 10 fingers at once, in a claw position resting on my table. Easy :)

This product seems a bit like a miracle product ! Is there ANYONE that hasn't been impressed ??? I've been reading for days and am looking to order as I've not found anything including nail envy that has strengthened my thin papery nails

This product seems a bit like a miracle product ! Is there ANYONE that hasn't been impressed ??? I've been reading for days and am looking to order as I've not found anything including nail envy that has strengthened my thin papery nails

I can't say a bad word about it, it's truly amazing and simply a nail miracle! My clients are loving it and I'm now using it on new clients who want it as a stand alone treatment.

It's really not hard to use when you get going, I think the people who are having trouble getting their heads round it are either over thinking it or are trying to understand it from written instructions before they've got it.

Order it and be dazzled!

Karaxxx

I bought this one after seeing yours Rachel, its great, I got it in black to match the table :) xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bet your set up looks fab :) xx

I have super thin nails and I have done one application, it's amazing they feel much stronger yet still flexible. I will be amazed of it means I can keep gel polish on longer :Love:

It's done wonders on my own nails so far - I can never get them past a certain length as they start to break from the sides and peel on the ends, and I've had no problems at all with them since starting IBX. I'm on my 3rd treatment, and hoping that if I keep going I might actually be able to get my nails properly long for the first time ever!

Latest posts

Back