IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really struggling on what lamp to buy ? Or should I buy a nail dryer ? Sorry I'm confused can anyone help please x

I LOVE IBX.

I had an ex NNS client in yesterday who had previously had acrylic and gel natural nail overlays. Her nail bed and free edge was paper thin.

The IBX made such a difference in the first application... her nails were a lot stronger when she left, amazing!

Just had this email come through from the American supplier Famous Names
ibxnails.com

IBX Made Easier and Faster!!!

Now that we have a large group of professionals using IBX we have been able to dial in our timing under the heat!!! So, please take a look.

General rule of thumb, Repair is always under the heat 1 minute.

IBX on the first application is 4 minutes and then 2.

IBX ongoing is now only 2 minutes!!!

Please spread the news!!!

What are your experiences so far of using ibx under gel polish/bio sculpture etc? Does it affect longevity? I'm a little concerned as I have read a couple of comments here about gel chipping!

Thanks.

I'm really struggling on what lamp to buy ? Or should I buy a nail dryer ? Sorry I'm confused can anyone help please x

Me too x

I bought a Minx lamp from S2 and can do both hands at the same time as I have 2 uv lamps also. Others have bought various different ones all mentioned in this thread but to be honest with the high profit margin in IBX matched by its brilliant results the initial investment is minimal.

What are your experiences so far of using ibx under gel polish/bio sculpture etc? Does it affect longevity? I'm a little concerned as I have read a couple of comments here about gel chipping!

Thanks.

In my experience - all my ladies that had the odd chip or 'pop off' have had none with the IBX and that's 2-3 weeks with Shellac and Bio x

Thanks.

My first client got an extra week out of her gel & also came back with all 10 intact.
Just waiting to see if it happens again.

Testing is taking a bit longer when the nails last longer!

I did my first client who really 'needed' it this week. Her nails are a nightmare,they peel and split all the time and have spent a lot of time trial and erroring lots of products. The best thing I'd found was IZ gel as a base then gel polish over the top. Even with that she'd get the odd nail pop clean off.
Anyway,from first treatment her thin nails were sealed and strong so I've tried gel polish without the IZ gel.......x

I'm also really interested in the nail dryer. I am mainly mobile and already have a lots of stuff to set up so need something portable!

I bought a Minx lamp from S2 and can do both hands at the same time as I have 2 uv lamps also. Others have bought various different ones all mentioned in this thread but to be honest with the high profit margin in IBX matched by its brilliant results the initial investment is minimal.

Yes I think I'm going to get the minx lamp, thanks for reply x

My first client got an extra week out of her gel & also came back with all 10 intact.
Just waiting to see if it happens again.

Testing is taking a bit longer when the nails last longer!

Jim N: The majority of the input we have had is IBX leads to longer wear for clients who had problems getting the full two to three weeks of GP wear. As you know, every client is different...but in simple terms we are creating a strong natural nail under the GP, so longer wear should not be a surprise.

Just had this email come through from the American supplier Famous Names
ibxnails.com

IBX Made Easier and Faster!!!

Now that we have a large group of professionals using IBX we have been able to dial in our timing under the heat!!! So, please take a look.

General rule of thumb, Repair is always under the heat 1 minute.

IBX on the first application is 4 minutes and then 2.

IBX ongoing is now only 2 minutes!!!

Please spread the news!!!

Jim N: Just an FYI, we are actually the creator and manufacturer of IBX and other great famous Names products (Dadi Oil and Lumos) :biggrin:

It's done wonders on my own nails so far - I can never get them past a certain length as they start to break from the sides and peel on the ends, and I've had no problems at all with them since starting IBX. I'm on my 3rd treatment, and hoping that if I keep going I might actually be able to get my nails properly long for the first time ever!

Jim N: Great to hear! This is a great example that IBX toughens the nail rather than making it "harder" (like formaldehyde based products do). Toughness is a combo of flexibility and strength.

Mine just sit with there fingers at a comfortable distance I don't have to hold the lamp. Think it works well especially doing all 10 fingers at once :)

Jim N: We actually ordered this unit (from Hong Kong) and it just arrived a couple of days ago...it's way to big. The picture makes it look so much smaller, so in our opinion, not an option.

I've not understood any if the confusion! I understand even less the confusion over the heat source? It's really not been a big deal. I got a £10 infrared lamp from eBay that works perfectly. You then use whatever lamp you use to cure your gel to cure IBX both these IBX threads have been the same question repeated again and again!

Jim N: Agree! The whole key is do not use too much heat. If using a I-red heat source, hold the hands further away so a "comfortable" amount of heat reaches the hands, it's that simple :biggrin:

I agree. I don't really understand why people are getting in such a pickle. It is so straightforward. Follow the instructions and, once you've done it a couple of times, it's really simple!

Yes, the timings have come down slightly but I wonder how many were setting a stop watch for the heating step?

As for the 'too many' applications, the best thing is to assess your clients nails with understanding of the nail plate! If it is very thin it stands to reason that this cannot take much IBX.

Just follow instructions and usage recommendations.

It's a shame that there was such confusion over the heat source. The US still use the 'old fashioned' bulbs that give off heat. The EU are phasing these out. But tree are plenty of recommendations for inexpensive solutions now.

I think if Famous Names had brought out a branded heat lamp plus an LED UV lamp there would have been many complaints about having to buy more equipment. I believe they have just tried to make a fantastic product accessible to all at minimal outlay.

As much as I endorse and promote education, this is really a product that is so easy to use that training really isn't needed!

Personally, I would love to see a little branded heat source and a little LED (like the Dashing Diva one Linda uses in her video), all as optional extras. But that's a BIG investment for a relatively new company and may have put the price up!!

Follow the instructions and you can't go wrong!!!

Jim N: Wow, I could not say it any better myself :biggrin: :cool: :wink2:

Sharny what I'd like to do for my clients with SEVERE damage is; once a week for a couple of weeks or until I see an improvement then once every two weeks for a few times and then once every three weeks moving to once a month after a while (that's my ultimate goal).

I've not actually used IBX for very long so haven't got anyone from start to finish but that's my plan.

Karaxxx

Jim N: Absolutely perfect explanation. This is exactly how we designed it!

Jim N: We actually ordered this unit (from Hong Kong) and it just arrived a couple of days ago...it's way to big. The picture makes it look so much smaller, so in our opinion, not an option.

But it's doing the job for lots of us! Mine didn't come from hk and having seen my friends minx lamp It's no different in size just hasn't got the flexible arm? It fits in my mobile box,it's only just bigger than the lightbulb?

Anybody know how long louella belle take to 'authorise' your account and what that entails? Registered on the 15th and not heard anything yet :(

Latest posts

Back