IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the brochure it says first application takes longer than subsequent applications (and first application is more expensive) why is this? Do you use less product on subsequent applications? even if they may be a good 3 or 4 weeks apart?
Once your have done your first treatment, which is 2 applications of IBX, the ongoing is only 1 treatment with only 3 minutes under the heat. So, yes, less product and less time ongoing.

Once your have done your first treatment, which is 2 applications of IBX, the ongoing is only 1 treatment with only 3 minutes under the heat. So, yes, less product and less time ongoing.

Does the first application require 2 coats or do you mean subsequent applications only need a coat of IBX not both IBX and IBX repair? What about if the nails are still peeling etc? Can you reapply the IBX repair on top of the IBX at the next manicure? Sorry just trying to get a better understanding xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok, so it says that it should be used WEEKLY on really damaged nails. I have a few ladies who come into me for Shellac whose nails are so incredibly thin and peely but still insist on having Shellac even though they only usually get 8-10 days wear, that is with the added benefit of Brisa Lite Smoothing, would you suggest getting them to just have IBX Repair as it is a weekly treatment or would you use it alongside the Shellac even though that is a two weekly treatment.

Would it simply not work or would it just take a little longer?

Then it also says it should be used once every 3 weeks for maintenance but again CND Shellac is a two week polish so how would you incorporate it. It sounds like the answer to a few of my clients prayers and I am signed up, I just wanted some more clarification.

IBX has also been tested with the CND lamp-you just have to adjust the cure time to their recommended time.

So would you cure it for 2 mins, like you do for Shellac? xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Does the first application require 2 coats or do you mean subsequent applications only need a coat of IBX not both IBX and IBX repair? What about if the nails are still peeling etc? Can you reapply the IBX repair on top of the IBX at the next manicure? Sorry just trying to get a better understanding xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app
The very first time you do an IBX treatment to your customers nails, you will apply IBX 2 times. IBX repair is ALWAYS used before IBX and never alone. IBX repair will repair the damage and IBX is where the strength comes from.

Repair is never used on top.

The very first time you do an IBX treatment to your customers nails, you will apply IBX 2 times. IBX repair is ALWAYS used before IBX and never alone. IBX repair will repair the damage and IBX is where the strength comes from.

FYI- after your First time application, Ongoing IBX applications are only 1 application with 3 minute under heat.

So would you cure it for 2 mins, like you do for Shellac? xx

Yes-exactly. Then you would apply your Shellac.

Ok, so it says that it should be used WEEKLY on really damaged nails. I have a few ladies who come into me for Shellac whose nails are so incredibly thin and peely but still insist on having Shellac even though they only usually get 8-10 days wear, that is with the added benefit of Brisa Lite Smoothing, would you suggest getting them to just have IBX Repair as it is a weekly treatment or would you use it alongside the Shellac even though that is a two weekly treatment.

Would it simply not work or would it just take a little longer?

Then it also says it should be used once every 3 weeks for maintenance but again CND Shellac is a two week polish so how would you incorporate it. It sounds like the answer to a few of my clients prayers and I am signed up, I just wanted some more clarification.
IBX would be used whenever you soak off your gel polish before you re-apply. So, if that is every 2 weeks, then that is when you would do it. If it every 6-9 days, then that is when you would do it.

Hope this helps!

I am getting more confused as this thread goes on! I think I will stop reading and just wait. :)

Sorry maybe I didn't explain myself properly, I just meant can the repair be put straight on the nail at at follow up nail appts or is it only ibx as the ibx repair is obviously meant to use straight on top of the nail. I guess it will have been penetrated into the nail by the time the next manicure appt comes around so the repair wouldn't be put '' on top'' of the ibx as it will have been absorbed, is that right? Sorry for being so confused haha!!

Yes-exactly. Then you would apply your Shellac.

Thank you.
So for a first time client with peeling nails would you:
PEP as normal
scrubfresh
Apply IBX Repair to damaged area
Heat for 5 mins
Wipe excess
Cure for 2 mins in CND lamp (is there any residue to wipe?)
Apply IBX
Heat for 5 mins
Cure for 2 mins in CND lamp (is there any residue to wipe?)
Proceed with Shellac application?

Sorry for all the questions! Just trying to get my head round it! xx

I have to say that I think a simple STEP BY STEP set of instructions in one post would probably be more helpful that this drip feed of comments that there has been so far.

I'll start it - can someone copy and paste and add further information/corrections if they think this is incorrect:

FOR A TOTALLY NEW APPLICATION:

1) Apply IBX repair in thin layer (if appropriate i.e. for very damaged nails), cure 5 minutes under hairdryer or 75/100w lamp.
2) Lightly blot with lint free pad, cure 60 seconds under LED lamp or 2 minutes under UV lamp.
Cleanse.
3) Apply IBX. Cure 5 minutes under hairdryer or 75w/100w lamp.
4) Wipe off excess, cure 60 seconds under LED lamp or 2 minutes under UV lamp.
5) Apply gel polish as normal, including base coat.

FOR A REPEAT APPLICATION:

1) Remove Gel polish
2) Repeat steps above but using IBX only (Not REPAIR) ,and reduce heating time to 3 minutes (not 5).
3) Reapply gel polish

Last edited:
I have to say that I think a simple STEP BY STEP set of instructions in one post would probably be more helpful that this drip feed of comments that there has been so far.

I'll start it - can someone copy and paste and add further information/corrections if they think this is incorrect:

FOR A TOTALLY NEW APPLICATION:

1) Apply IBX repair in thin layer (if appropriate i.e. for very damaged nails), cure 5 minutes under hairdryer or 75/100w lamp.
2) Lightly blot with lint free pad, cure 60 seconds under LED lamp or 2 minutes under UV lamp.
Cleanse.
3) Apply IBX. Cure 5 minutes under hairdryer or 75w/100w lamp.
4) Wipe off excess, cure 60 seconds under LED lamp or 2 minutes under UV lamp.
5) Apply gel polish as normal, including base coat.

FOR A REPEAT APPLICATION:

1) Remove Gel polish
2) Repeat steps above but using IBX only (Not REPAIR) ,and reduce heating time to 3 minutes (not 5).
3) Reapply gel polish

That is exactly how I understood it in my head. Can I just ask, what you mean by cleanse? Do you mean scrubfresh?

Not sure, on the magazine article posted earlier in the thread it just says "cleanse". I've just tried to combine all the info posted in the thread into one place...

From previous posts I thought you'd apply ibx repair, then ibx THEN blowdry for 5 mins, blot excess away, cure 2 mins in cnd lamp then go straight onto your gel polish procedure. I'm presuming you'll be able to pep and scrubfresh after the ibx but maybe you have to do it first?

Must admit its a lot of time and faffing and I'm getting a bit put off now.

Does anyone know yet how much it costs?

Instead of everyone trying to guess (and maybe getting put off!) why not wait until it's available. Go and see a demo at PB or buy it (it's incredibly cost effective!) and all the instructions are included. It's virtually fool proof! I believe there will be an application video available soon.

It works!! And it's one of the easiest applications you will ever have to do! Why would anyone not want to repair and/or protect their clients nails?

So this can be used under any other brands gel polishes. (Gelish, artistic, OPI)??? X

Latest posts

Back