IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until I read your post I couldn’t fathom out what type of lamp to buy to dry the initial coat of IBX. The IBX instructions vaguely say a nail polish dryer is suitable. So that’s what I have bought. It’s battery operated and emails a stream of cool air) there is no heat just cool air) IS THIS GOING TO DRY THE IBX. Not sure I’ve bought the right one.

Also can anybody tell me what they mean by using a (cleanser) do they mean the liquid you use to remove sticky residue after gel. Will this be ok to use? Or do they mean the stuff you soak off gel with to cleanse the IBX. IM CONFUSED

You don't dry the IBX, the heat source (infrared lamp or other heat source) ensures that the product penetrates the nail plate (think of butter melting into toast), before curing the product with UV lamp. An air drying lamp will not work. Cleanser (e.g. CND Scrubfresh) is what you would use before applying any product on your nails. HTH.

Just keep going! It really does work but some times they have to be patient. It has changed their life for some of my clients!!!
I have a client who always had a deep ridge across her thumb, I started her on IBX but not for that reason as never thought anything would cure as it was from damage as a young girl, she had (notice,had) thin weak nails and often picked off her gel polish. I used to use Brisa Lite Sculpting gel (when it was available) to fill the ridge. When no longer available I used Shellac original top coat in much the same way. Now 15 IBX applications later guess what no ridge at all, we saw it slowly getting more shallow with each application, and of course her nails are stronger and she come back with them all on!

Latest posts

Back