IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would second this, used one to make my wedding invitations and a couple of times caught the edge of a finger in the edge of the stream of hot air when holding down bits of card and... ow!! Would definately not directly aim it at my fingers intentionally!!!

Ha ha, ok will bin that idea, I thought seeing as it would be used on paper it wouldn't be quite that hot, doesn't that make the paper curl??

Yes! Anything. Even polish or just a buff!

"Just a buff"..... So we can apply the IBX & not put anything over it if the client wants to go away with bare nails after removal of gel polish?

It won't wash out without top coat or something over?

Looks like I better go out and buy a heat lamp then. Just something else to cart around being mobile!

Product sounds amazing though x

Looks like I better go out and buy a heat lamp then. Just something else to cart around being mobile!

You can get little table top infra red lamps- nice and compact too :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha ha, ok will bin that idea, I thought seeing as it would be used on paper it wouldn't be quite that hot, doesn't that make the paper curl??

Yes it does make paper curl, it's best used on card x

"Just a buff"..... So we can apply the IBX & not put anything over it if the client wants to go away with bare nails after removal of gel polish?

Once it's in it's locked! I've been wearing just buffed nails for several weeks (and believe me, I've had very damaged nails with age related ridges and shellac picked off!! Oops! Do what I say NOT what I do!)

The natural oils of jojoba and avocado penetrate and are then locked in by inter penetrating polymer networks (IPN's)

A little IR heat lamp is ideal. I've been using a Minx lamp. I, personally, am not keen on hair dryers

after an IBX treatment you can apply whatever you want to the surface or they can go bare.

Linda, can the treatment be continuous indefinitely or does there need to be a break ?

A mini travel hair dryer would do the trick & not too big to carry around

I'm trying hard not to put too much into this thread! It's for Famous Names and Louella Belle to tell you all! But I'm so enthusiastic about it is difficult!!

I have led lamp and uv lamp will this work with the product or do I need something else to dry the product

I'm trying hard not to put too much into this thread! It's for Famous Names and Louella Belle to tell you all! But I'm so enthusiastic about it is difficult!!

Mum your enthusiasm is good enough for me ,let alone the fantastic technology behind this product, I'm just dying for the launch at the show!

This may be a silly question but... Does this affect the longevity of Shellac? Since mum shows so much excitement over this product, I doubt it does but I felt I should ask anyway.

I also have a particular client with an acrylic allergy. Will she be able to use this product?

Also, should you scrub fresh before or after application of IBX? I'll be ordering this tomorrow and was just curious. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Mum your enthusiasm is good enough for me ,let alone the fantastic technology behind this product, I'm just dying for the launch at the show!

we can order from Louella Belle from the 10th Feb!! EEEEk so excited (so it says ion Famous Names fb page) xx

This may be a silly question but... Does this affect the longevity of Shellac? Since mum shows so much excitement over this product, I doubt it does but I felt I should ask anyway.

I also have a particular client with an acrylic allergy. Will she be able to use this product?

Also, should you scrub fresh before or after application of IBX? I'll be ordering this tomorrow and was just curious. Thanks!!!

All coatings need to have a good bond with the surface of the nail and, after an IBX treatment there is nothing left on the surface. You would then continue with a thorough PEP as normal so the surface is perfect for the coating (I.e Shellac, gel polish, traditional polish)

The nail just needs cleansing before IBX as every other part of the nail service is carried out after

I think Linda (Lindabuffet) should answer the allergy question. I would only be guessing and its an important question that should be answered by the manufacturer.

Enjoy it!

mum- i'm guessing you have been using it on yourself for a while now. Could you answer how many treatments did it take until you noticed an improvement in your nails, and after how many treatments did the improvement level off and you were just 'maintaining'?

a question for loulabelle if they have a representative here? Are they going to be selling a heat lamp or dryer suitable for the IBX treatment. Ideally I would like to have a piece of equipment which is designed/calibrated exactly for the treatment.

a question for loulabelle if they have a representative here? Are they going to be selling a heat lamp or dryer suitable for the IBX treatment. Ideally I would like to have a piece of equipment which is designed/calibrated exactly for the treatment.

Hi Syncage I asked Louellabelle this exact same question last week and they said "The products need to be ‘set’ with a heat source for 5 minutes ( Nail Polish drier, 75-100 watt light, Minx heat lamp, hairdryer) and then Cure under an LED for up to 1 min (cure for same time as your chosen gel polish)".

So I am presuming not?

Hi Syncage I asked Louellabelle this exact same question last week and they said "The products need to be ‘set’ with a heat source for 5 minutes ( Nail Polish drier, 75-100 watt light, Minx heat lamp, hairdryer) and then Cure under an LED for up to 1 min (cure for same time as your chosen gel polish)".

So I am presuming not?

Thanks for this... Checked their online store and they don't presently sell any kind of nail polish drier/light/heat lamp which seems a bit of a missed opportunity?

Just have it drilled into me as a CND girl to use the right equipment for the job...preferably that's been specifically tested with the system and ideally branded imo.

I don't presently have any of the 'heat set' things necessary (well apart from the a generic light but at the moment I can't see how I would set this up so it would be comfortable for the client) so when I buy the system will be wanting to get the best /most suitable bit of kit too, it's not presently obvious to me what that is and where to buy it from!

Thanks for this... Checked their online store and they don't presently sell any kind of nail polish drier/light/heat lamp which seems a bit like of a missed opportunity?

Just have it drilled into me as a CND girl to use the right equipment for the job...preferably that's been specifically tested with the system and ideally branded imo.

I don't presently have any of the 'heat set' things necessary (well apart from the a generic light but at the moment I can't see how I would set this up so it would be comfortable for the client) so when I buy the system will be wanting to get the best /most suitable bit of kit too, it's not presently obvious to me what that is and where to buy it from!

Same dilemma here, I haven't even got a generic light. Most of the IR lamps I've seen on the internet are clamped to the desk which unfortunately I can't do as my top is glass. Any assistance or advice would be gratefully received. Ta.

Latest posts

Back