IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this can be used under any other brands gel polishes. (Gelish, artistic, OPI)??? X

Yes! Anything. Even polish or just a buff!

Does anyone know whether this product can be used under acrylic enhancements or is it literally just for natural nail applications? :)
I think this product sounds amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it - revolutionary :)

Do any medications reduce the effectiveness of IBX? I was thinking along the lines of people going through certain cancer treatments which can have unpleasant and painful effects on the nail - would IBX assist in preventing and/or reducing the damage?

Edited to add: along those same lines are there any contraindications to using IBX?

Just re-posting this as it appears to have been missed when other replies were given. I work with a lot of women under going treatment for cancer and would love to be able to tell them about IBX ... IF it is suitable.

Do any medications reduce the effectiveness of IBX? I was thinking along the lines of people going through certain cancer treatments which can have unpleasant and painful effects on the nail - would IBX assist in preventing and/or reducing the damage?

Edited to add: along those same lines are there any contraindications to using IBX?

Hi...this is Jim Nordstrom (customerisking on Geek site) with some input back...it's hard to give a one size fits all for cancer patients. My best advice is to use your professional judgment: If you are dealing with a nail or nails that have the nail bed exposed, you should not apply IBX or any nail enhancement product, as they should not be applied to the soft tissue. However, if you have a nail plate over the entire nail bed, then IBX could be a very effective help to strengthen, toughen and reinforce the natural nail.
In our testing, we found that clients whose hands are in water all day (like food service, bar tenders, health care providers) that IBX will work wonders in preventing nail damage and allowing nail growth. These types of clients will require weekly services.

From what I have read IBX is the beginning of your treatment. As it sinks into the nail plate and cannot be visibly seen on the nail (i.e., no shine etc) you then carry on with your base coat, CND BLSMg or BLScG etc then colour then topcoat and your client is good to go! The normal IBX is for those that suffer with weak nails that can't seem to grow them - so this fortifies them - allowing growth and to become strong. The IBX Repair is for delaminated, vertical split nails. This is more of an intense treatment as it needs to be cured for longer.

Now if I have this wrong, I am more than happy to be put straight!:hug:

Well done! The only thing I would add is that when you use the IBX System under Gel Polish or other "on top" service products, you would use full coats of IBX Repair (first) and IBX (second). What you described is using the IBX System for Natural Nail Growth

Just re-posting this as it appears to have been missed when other replies were given. I work with a lot of women under going treatment for cancer and would love to be able to tell them about IBX ... IF it is suitable.

See just below....

Thank you.
So for a first time client with peeling nails would you:
PEP as normal
scrubfresh
Apply IBX Repair to damaged area
Heat for 5 mins
Wipe excess
Cure for 2 mins in CND lamp (is there any residue to wipe?)
Apply IBX
Heat for 5 mins
Cure for 2 mins in CND lamp (is there any residue to wipe?)
Proceed with Shellac application?

Sorry for all the questions! Just trying to get my head round it! xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app
it isn't as complicated as that-when you get you IBX Duo Pack it will have explicit instructions inside the box. FYI-Repair only requires 1 minute heat----IBX then applied over that.

Wish there was some way for me to post the actual directions-the IBX website will be up next Friday and will have everything in there. You could call Louella Belle and ask them to send the actual directions to you if you would like.

it isn't as complicated as that-when you get you IBX Duo Pack it will have explicit instructions inside the box. FYI-Repair only requires 1 minute heat----IBX then applied over that.

Wish there was some way for me to post the actual directions-the IBX website will be up next Friday and will have everything in there. You could call Louella Belle and ask them to send the actual directions to you if you would like.

I wish you could upload a private video just for us to view on here!

Would something like this do the heat but ok rather than a hair dryer? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389430566.650745.jpg

Would something like this do the heat but ok rather than a hair dryer?View attachment 52394

Good idea, but it looks quite narrow on the end, like you could only do one or two nails at a time. I was thinking of something like this as I am mobile.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389433015.776442.jpg

Good point! I don't fancy carting a hair dryer round mobile. That looks good

Good point! I don't fancy carting a hair dryer round mobile. That looks good

Me either, but there are loads of clip on bulb holders on amazon. My desk light is led so doesn't give out any heat at all so can't use that! It's just finding what works for you. xx

Not sure, on the magazine article posted earlier in the thread it just says "cleanse". I've just tried to combine all the info posted in the thread into one place...

The cleanse that they talk about is an Artistic product vey similar to Scrub Fresh. Hope that clarifies that one got you.x

The cleanse that they talk about is an Artistic product vey similar to Scrub Fresh. Hope that clarifies that one got you.x

Is it not just IPA ( with a few extras!) ? Scrub fresh has a small amount of acetone in it x

Hi...this is Jim Nordstrom (customerisking on Geek site) with some input back...it's hard to give a one size fits all for cancer patients. My best advice is to use your professional judgment: If you are dealing with a nail or nails that have the nail bed exposed, you should not apply IBX or any nail enhancement product, as they should not be applied to the soft tissue. However, if you have a nail plate over the entire nail bed, then IBX could be a very effective help to strengthen, toughen and reinforce the natural nail.
In our testing, we found that clients whose hands are in water all day (like food service, bar tenders, health care providers) that IBX will work wonders in preventing nail damage and allowing nail growth. These types of clients will require weekly services.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Jim - can I expand further tho 😊
Presumably then if the client is beginning to experience onycholysis would that be the point to stop treating with IBX even if the majority of the nail remains attached to the nail bed?
Also, was the product tested on anyone going through radio or chemotherapy and if so did it show that it helped prevent onycholysis or discolouration of the nail plate occurring?

Omg, do not use an embossing gun on nails. It's HOT!

Omg, do not use an embossing gun on nails. It's HOT!

would second this, used one to make my wedding invitations and a couple of times caught the edge of a finger in the edge of the stream of hot air when holding down bits of card and... ow!! Would definately not directly aim it at my fingers intentionally!!!

Latest posts

Back