IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if this helps but liddl currently have a free standing infra red lamp on sale. I have no idea if this would be suitable, but guessing so as no less professional than a hair dryer

mum- i'm guessing you have been using it on yourself for a while now. Could you answer how many treatments did it take until you noticed an improvement in your nails, and after how many treatments did the improvement level off and you were just 'maintaining'?

a question for loulabelle if they have a representative here? Are they going to be selling a heat lamp or dryer suitable for the IBX treatment. Ideally I would like to have a piece of equipment which is designed/calibrated exactly for the treatment.

I've used it several times now and I saw an improvement immediately in as much as the white spots virtually disappeared! I've been wearing nothing on my nails for several weeks now just to see if the strength was improved without any help. I have to say they are growing like weeds!! (and I don't wear rubber gloves) I don't think Famous Names claim to make nails grow faster but they are certainly long and strong (a lot of length needs to come off today as they are too long!)

I'm maintaining now as there is no damage visible.

The heat part of the treatment is not for 'setting'. It is to encourage the product to penetrate the nail plate as deeply as possible. No calibration is needed as it just needs to be warmed up (you can almost see it sink into the nail)

Any 'setting' is done with the LED UV which cures the IBX once it is within the nail. This does need 'calibration'. An LED UV needs to be used for the same time as the colour layer of the gel polish. FN have tested the CND UV lamp and this does give a full cure when used for the colour layer, i.e. 2 mins.

Don't know if this helps but liddl currently have a free standing infra red lamp on sale. I have no idea if this would be suitable, but guessing so as no less professional than a hair dryer

I can't see it but it probably would be. All that's needed is something that provides some warmth

Same dilemma here, I haven't even got a generic light. Most of the IR lamps I've seen on the internet are clamped to the desk which unfortunately I can't do as my top is glass. Any assistance or advice would be gratefully received. Ta.

A desk lamp that has normal phosphorescent bulbs (i.e. not LED or fluorescent) would work as that gives off enough heat.

All coatings need to have a good bond with the surface of the nail and, after an IBX treatment there is nothing left on the surface. You would then continue with a thorough PEP as normal so the surface is perfect for the coating (I.e Shellac, gel polish, traditional polish)

The nail just needs cleansing before IBX as every other part of the nail service is carried out after

I think Linda (Lindabuffet) should answer the allergy question. I would only be guessing and its an important question that should be answered by the manufacturer.

Enjoy it!

Thank you so much! I will be interested to hear Linda's response to the allergy question. Bc this client needs this product terribly bad. I'm so excited I can't contain myself!!!!

Linda, can the treatment be continuous indefinitely or does there need to be a break ?
IBX is an ongoing treatment.

I guess with some of the IR light sources shown, both hands could be treated, then put under the IR lamp together one hand over the other and fingers interspaced with thumbs on the outside?? Saves three to five minutes if it can be done like this.

Lindabuffet - Are the Duo packs the same size bottles as buying them separately or are the Duo's smaller trial sizes?

Lindabuffet - Are the Duo packs the same size bottles as buying them separately or are the Duo's smaller trial sizes?

Their the same size as the individual bottles

We did not test on any medical cases. I think you need to be careful with anyone going thru severe illness. Remember that what we do (meaning the prof nail ind) is cosmetic in nature. If the nail plate is largely detached from the nail bed, it means it is not in a "healthy" state and nothing artificial should be applied. If the nail plate in largely intact but in need of reinforcement, you could use IBX. Would suggest testing it on one nail plate to make sure all is okay before applying on all nails. But in medical cases, I think caution is the key.

For sure, a product like Dadi' Oil would be beneficial.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Jim - can I expand further tho ��
Presumably then if the client is beginning to experience onycholysis would that be the point to stop treating with IBX even if the majority of the nail remains attached to the nail bed?
Also, was the product tested on anyone going through radio or chemotherapy and if so did it show that it helped prevent onycholysis or discolouration of the nail plate occurring?

same size, IBX 1/2 ounce-IBX Repair 1/3 ounce.

Thank you so much! I will be interested to hear Linda's response to the allergy question. Bc this client needs this product terribly bad. I'm so excited I can't contain myself!!!!
I am sorry-I missed the allergy question??? Can you ask it again???

I am sorry-I missed the allergy question??? Can you ask it again???

Hey Linda

Here it is (with as far as I went with an answer x

Originally Posted by Unique.Tips View Post
This may be a silly question but... Does this affect the longevity of Shellac? Since mum shows so much excitement over this product, I doubt it does but I felt I should ask anyway.

I also have a particular client with an acrylic allergy. Will she be able to use this product?

Also, should you scrub fresh before or after application of IBX? I'll be ordering this tomorrow and was just curious. Thanks!!!

(my reply)
All coatings need to have a good bond with the surface of the nail and, after an IBX treatment there is nothing left on the surface. You would then continue with a thorough PEP as normal so the surface is perfect for the coating (I.e Shellac, gel polish, traditional polish)

The nail just needs cleansing before IBX as every other part of the nail service is carried out after

I think Linda (Lindabuffet) should answer the allergy question. I would only be guessing and its an important question that should be answered by the manufacturer.

Enjoy it!

Hey Linda

Here it is (with as far as I went with an answer x

Originally Posted by Unique.Tips View Post
This may be a silly question but... Does this affect the longevity of Shellac? Since mum shows so much excitement over this product, I doubt it does but I felt I should ask anyway.

I also have a particular client with an acrylic allergy. Will she be able to use this product?

Also, should you scrub fresh before or after application of IBX? I'll be ordering this tomorrow and was just curious. Thanks!!!

(my reply)

Enjoy it!
If you client has become sensitized to acrylic-you should not use IBX on them.

Also, on the heat, I bought a small desk lamp (Target or Amazon) and that is what I use for the heat, Marian explained it perfectly. The heat along with the Avocado and Jojoba oils are want allow IBX to penetrate into the upper layers of the nail.

Hello. I wondered if you could use your heated mitts as a heat source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. I wondered if you could use your heated mitts as a heat source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No because IBX will be on the top of the nail so you wouldn't be able to slide into the mitt.

I get that Famous Names are saying that this product can be used with all gel brands, but are there any brands that are specifically endorsing the use of this product with their gel?

We have been told over and over again that we should not mix products and that our insurance may be invalid if we do so. How is this not mixing products unless OPI, CND or whoever say I can do it?

It sounds like a wonder product and something we could all do with, the sticking point seems to be the need for heat.

Currently, I remove, prep and apply basecoat to one hand and then while that hand is in the LED lamp, I start the other and keep switching IYKWIM. So to use this product I can imagine prepping the second hand while the first hand is under the heat for 5 minutes. Now there's my problem. I have a Minx lamp but would not want to use it on my desk while I have a client with an acetone product on one of her hands and bits of acetone soaked pads around.

Clearly the hairdryer idea is not great. I wonder about those stupid nail dryer things you get (usually monkey faces), would they give off enough heat?

Latest posts

Back