IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just seen Jim's comment that a 75watt infrared lamp is too hot. I purchased one, three weeks ago with 100 watt bulb, (as was advised at the excel exhibition) .Can I still use it if I place the clients hands further away (maybe 12 inches)??

I use a 100w infra red and position it well away from the hands so a very gentle warmth is felt. My clients are finding it very pleasant x

I think it would be a good idea to produce a lamp exactly for Ibx, would save all the confusion :sad:. I like to make sure I have everything correct and am worried the lamp I have it not right

I use a 100w infra red and position it well away from the hands so a very gentle warmth is felt. My clients are finding it very pleasant x

Thanks for that. Yes my clients are happy with it too and if they say it is too warm I just move their hands further away.

I'm so impressed with Jim replying to every post, amazing service!!!

OK I have now done a few first time IBX clients.

Now I am concerned with the second visit, one coming next week for a second time.

I will need to use repair, so steps as normal for that I would imagine.

Then do I IBX once or twice? And for 5 then 3 mins again if twice, or both 3?
Or do I just IBX once (following the repair)

Hi blossom

For second visit it's

Cleanse
Repair
Heat 1 min
Blot
Cure
Cleanse
IBX
Heat 3 mins
Blot
Cure
Cleanse

Hope that helps xx

You can used your normal gel polish lamp, whatever that might be, all you have to do is cure the IBX for the same time you'd cure your colour cost, ie; shellac 2mins. I also use my minx lamp and it's fine.

Karaxxx

Great! I have my first IBX clients over the next week they all will be testing for different things, peeling, splitting and paper thin nails. To wear under normal polish and under Gelish really putting it to the test.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394790777.058560.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394790797.112194.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394790718.795539.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394790718.795539.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 184
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394790739.034244.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394790739.034244.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 208
Chipped a nail and couldn't resist picking it off so I could demo IBX. Amazing stuff, feels so strong and looks so much better!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394798476.077228.jpg

Hi blossom

For second visit it's

Cleanse
Repair
Heat 1 min
Blot
Cure
Cleanse
IBX
Heat 3 mins
Blot
Cure
Cleanse

Hope that helps xx

Meira thank you that's lovely :hug:

Still talking about the second and subsequent visits, if you don't need to use the repair again because it's all "healed" for want of a better word, and its just to maintain, would you IBX just the once, or twice? Sorry to be a pain just want to get it clear in my head, I will shut up then I promise lol

Blossom don't worry I'm confused too!
If a person has weak bendy nails prone to splitting but no actual splits at that precise moment, would you still use repair? Or would you just use ibx? (On natural nails with no gel/polish afterwards)
Thanks

Good question waffle i will be watching x

Blossom don't worry I'm confused too!
If a person has weak bendy nails prone to splitting but no actual splits at that precise moment, would you still use repair? Or would you just use ibx? (On natural nails with no gel/polish afterwards)
Thanks

Hi no I wouldn't use ibx repair if the nail had no delamination or splits at that moment - just use ibx (if it's the first time ibx for 5 mins then a second application for 3 mins) on the second treatment just ibx 3 mins

IBX Repair & IBX should both be used every time IF using under Gel Polish.
If it's on the Natural Nail ONLY then you only need to use Repair on the damaged/split/peeling part of the nail only and then apply IBX. If their are no signs if splitting etc after the first treatment them you only need to use IBX.(as per Jim) Hope that helps.

IBX Repair & IBX should both be used every time IF using under Gel Polish.
If it's on the Natural Nail ONLY then you only need to use Repair on the damaged/split/peeling part of the nail only and then apply IBX. If their are no signs if splitting etc after the first treatment them you only need to use IBX.(as per Jim) Hope that helps.

Thanks Angie, so if I've understood correctly. . . if no signs of damage after first treatment, then just IBX - just once? Or twice?

Sorry if I'm not pickin this up correctly, am I right in saying it's ALWaYS repair and ibx before gel polish, is this even if nails in decent condition?

Hi heaps of people are asking about lamps so i thought i would share what i have done, i got a infer red bulb (sorry about spelling lol) from a pet store, one that is used for reptile tanks, it only cost me $10 then got a 75 watt desk lamp from the hardware store for $30, it works really well :) i was a little worried about putting the bulb in a lamp that is not designed for that particular bulb but my husband who is an electrician said that as long as you buy a lamp that is made for a higher wattage bulb it is perfectly safe :) hope this helps :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi heaps of people are asking about lamps so i thought i would share what i have done, i got a infer red bulb (sorry about spelling lol) from a pet store, one that is used for reptile tanks, it only cost me $10 then got a 75 watt desk lamp from the hardware store for $30, it works really well :) i was a little worried about putting the bulb in a lamp that is not designed for that particular bulb but my husband who is an electrician said that as long as you buy a lamp that is made for a higher wattage bulb it is perfectly safe :) hope this helps :)

I don't want to dispute what your husband says, as he is clearly an expert. However, putting a bulb that emits heat is different to just light IYKWIM. If you have a cheap plastic desk lamp that can take a high wattage bulb it might not be able to safely tolerate the additional heat from an infra red bulb. I don't know. Just a thought.

I don't want to dispute what your husband says, as he is clearly an expert. However, putting a bulb that emits heat is different to just light IYKWIM. If you have a cheap plastic desk lamp that can take a high wattage bulb it might not be able to safely tolerate the additional heat from an infra red bulb. I don't know. Just a thought.

I never said it was plastic... it is metal. but he has been an electrician for 15 years and so far his work hasnt caught anybodys house on fire!! Any way i just thought id share what i had done thats all...

Also you only use the lamp in short bursts so it is safe.

Latest posts

Back