IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this helps those who can't get their heads around it.

1st IBX Treatment
Cleanse,
Repair, (Under gel polish cover nail, to leave nails natural or for under traditional polish apply to splits, cracks & damaged area only. No damage no repair step needed.)
Heat 1 min
Blot,
Cure,
Cleanse,
IBX,
Heat 5min
Blot,
Cure,
Cleanse,
IBX,
Heat 3 mins,
Blot,
Cure,
Cleanse

Subsequent treatments
For all subsequent treatments you only use IBX once. Unless a lengthily time has passed for example a few months.

Repair (if needed, repair is for damage or always under gel polish)
Heat 1min
Blot
Cure
Cleanse
IBX
Heat 3 mins
Blot
Cure
Cleanse

Kt :) x

1st IBX Treatment
Cleanse,
Repair, (Under gel polish cover nail, to leave nails natural or for under traditional polish apply to splits, cracks & damaged area only. No damage no repair step needed.)
Heat 1 min
Blot,
Cure,
Cleanse,
IBX,
Heat 5min
Blot,
Cure,
Cleanse,
IBX,
Heat 3 mins,
Blot,
Cure,
Cleanse

Subsequent treatments
For all subsequent treatments you only use IBX once. Unless a lengthily time has passed for example a few months.

Heat 1min
Blot
Cure
Cleanse
IBX
Heat 3 mins
Blot
Cure
Cleanse

I have a client who came for her first treatment this week. She had some de lamination on a few of her nails. I applied it as you stated for the first application. She does not wear polish or gel color, I just use a buffer to shine them

When she returns, do I ONLY use the Repair on the damaged nails? Would I only use Restore and heat for three minutes?

You never only use repair, you always use IBX as well!

Vicki x

I have a client who came for her first treatment this week. She had some de lamination on a few of her nails. I applied it as you stated for the first application. She does not wear polish or gel color, I just use a buffer to shine them

When she returns, do I ONLY use the Repair on the damaged nails? Would I only use Restore and heat for three minutes?

Yes if leaving natural you would only apply repair to the areas that needed it, so certain fingers may not need any repair application.
Then always follow with IBX, heat 3mins, blot, cure, cleanse.

I never said it was plastic... it is metal. but he has been an electrician for 15 years and so far his work hasnt caught anybodys house on fire!! Any way i just thought id share what i had done thats all...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I didn't mean to offend you or your hubby, and I didn't say you personally had a plastic lamp. You have recommended something to others that (dependent on what equipment they buy) might be dangerous. That's all I am saying. If we are working on the public surely we must use all electrical equipment as intended by the manufacturer to be fully insured in the case of an accident.

I bought a lamp from ikea? It quickly screws onto a table & was 8.50 the bulb is infra red with large screw end about 6.00? This works perfectly and has an on off button so make it's very simple?

What wattage bulb does this lamp take? I have purchased it thinking it was at least 75W, but it says on the shade max 60w.

Can I purchase an Infrared Heat bulb emitting enough heat (75-100w) without blowing it up lol?

Getting frustrated as I hope I haven't purchased the wrong thing!

I bought this as sounded perfect and a good price. Unfortunately, I had to send it back as it had a European plug on it?!

I was gutted! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you not think to just change the plug?

I have this lamp and I'm looking for a better one. It's too hot when placed on the table, and I end up holding it above my clients hands. My arms are starting to ache.

I bought this as sounded perfect and a good price. Unfortunately, I had to send it back as it had a European plug on it?!

I was gutted! xx

I have this one too but my other half is either gonna change the plug or buy me an adapter lol. Stupid really why would they send European plugs to england

Did you not think to just change the plug?

I have this lamp and I'm looking for a better one. It's too hot when placed on the table, and I end up holding it above my clients hands. My arms are starting to ache.

No I didn't - I'm gonna get the IKEA one now and buy a 100w bulb.

I have this one too but my other half is either gonna change the plug or buy me an adapter lol. Stupid really why would they send European plugs to england

Yeah I know! I sent it back through principle really...it wasn't in the description or I wouldn't have bought it. I don't see why I should faff about with a plug, lol!

I'll get the IKEA lamp! x

With all the talk of different heat lamps and worries about obvious health and safety why don't we just use a simple little hair dryer that all of us girlies use anyway!! And is recommended by ibx Just saying xxxx

I had two clients return today after two weeks with gels on, who both had ibx treatment underneath their gels. I was so upset that both clients gels were badly chipped - I told them that they should give it a chance to work as it is early days but I am dreading the fact that they will not last again - I hope I don't have to 'eat humble pie' !!! I so want to believe in IBX!!! Anyone else had similar ??

I was gutted! xx

I received mine with a European plug too. Just got an adapter. Only cost me £3 so was no hassle and at least I know it's the right lamp for the job x

With all the talk of different heat lamps and worries about obvious health and safety why don't we just use a simple little hair dryer that all of us girlies use anyway!! And is recommended by ibx Just saying xxxx

Nail dryers do exist :) and they work like magic and look professional. Just saying...and nothing wrong with a hair dryer, it is afterall a "beauty" tool

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I had two clients return today after two weeks with gels on, who both had ibx treatment underneath their gels. I was so upset that both clients gels were badly chipped - I told them that they should give it a chance to work as it is early days but I am dreading the fact that they will not last again - I hope I don't have to 'eat humble pie' !!! I so want to believe in IBX!!! Anyone else had similar ??

Oh no, that doesn't sound good does it. How's everyone else getting on with the ibx/repair under gel polish? Is the gel polish lasting the same as usual?

I was gutted! xx

Exactly the same one ive got I just got the plug adapter for £2 for it from Wilko x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh no, that doesn't sound good does it. How's everyone else getting on with the ibx/repair under gel polish? Is the gel polish lasting the same as usual?

I'm using IBX for over a month now, and in my experience, the CND Shellac stays longer on IBX clients.

1st IBX Treatment
Cleanse,
Heat 1 min
Blot,
Cure,
Cleanse,
IBX,
Heat 5min
Blot,
Cure,
Cleanse,
IBX,
Heat 3 mins,
Blot,
Cure,
Cleanse

Subsequent treatments

Heat 1min
Blot
Cure
Cleanse
IBX
Heat 3 mins
Blot
Cure
Cleanse

OMG thank you so much!! I swear if someone had put that at the beginning this thread would only be a few pages long lol

Latest posts

Back