IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will this work on a vertical split on a nail I have two clients with damaged nails due to trauma one is very bad and I have to use silk on it every time her doctor said it will not improve due to the nail bed being damaged.

As her nail grows it opens out even more :sad: this would be amazing if it worked on this :)

Will this work on a vertical split on a nail I have two clients with damaged nails due to trauma one is very bad and I have to use silk on it every time her doctor said it will not improve due to the nail bed being damaged.

As her nail grows it opens out even more :sad: this would be amazing if it worked on this :)

I'm not sure if it will work - but I have a client with a split down her thumbnail and I kept wrapping it without any joy then I decided to cut it as short as I could and put on a false tip with fibreglass over it and the split grew out - maybe it's worth a try, and then at this stage you could start using ibx system, ( every now and again her nail splits, so I put another tip on etc) but it normally works for a good few months, although as yet, I haven't used ibx on her.

I've had a split in my nail for 30 years which comes and goes with splitting right down. I've used IBX 3 times now and it seems really solid and hasnt split at all - fingers crossed.

Karaxxx

Quick question
Did ibx/repair 1st application on my mate yesterday and as she was intending to leave them natural afterwards I only put repair on the areas of delam. She then changed her mind near the end and wanted BL smoothing gel on afterwards. My question is as I've only used repair on the damaged areas will anything happen eg dehydration marks? I know that you're supposed to use repair over the entire nail under gel so I'm wondering what the consequences may be??
Thanks

There won't be any----Repair only works in combination with IBX

I looked at the lamp on the Louella Belle website and it looks as though it's the same Medisana lamp that I bought from Amazon. I, too, should have read the reviews and noticed the plug issue. I also don't like that the lamp can't be angled downwards towards the nails. I've not used the lamp yet and am in two minds as to whether return it or just shut up and get on with it.

I looked at the lamp on the Louella Belle website and it looks as though it's the same Medisana lamp that I bought from Amazon. I, too, should have read the reviews and noticed the plug issue. I also don't like that the lamp can't be angled downwards towards the nails. I've not used the lamp yet and am in two minds as to whether return it or just shut up and get on with it.

Mines absolutely fine now I've out an adapter plug on it. It doesn't angle down but if you have a handy bf like me you can unclip the inside from the base and turn it round so it does angle down! Even if you can't so that, it still worked fine for me before I turned it

I know we have been advised not to use IBX under Acrylics & Buff off Gels. Can we still use under Tips & Brisa Lite as it's a Soak Off?
TIA x

*do you cleanse the nail between repair and IBX?
*are you charging more if the client needs the repair as opposed to just IBX for treatment on natural nails

Thank you :)

Cleanse after each cure.
I charge £2-3 more for 1st treatment (eg for Repair or 2nd Strengthen).
Xx

Hi cleanse after repair (but don't cleanse if you are using repair on second coat on the delaminated or split nails) that is the only time you don't cleanse - I charge £10 for the first treatment and £5 thereafter and if they just want an IBX treatment on its own I charge £12 (with oil, hand cream and maybe just a base coat)

I know we have been advised not to use IBX under Acrylics & Buff off Gels. Can we still use under Tips & Brisa Lite as it's a Soak Off?
TIA x

I don't want to muddy the waters but I emailed louellabelle asking about the use of IBX before acrylic application. Here's My email and their response:-

MY EMAIL..........

Sent: 18 March 2014 10:57
To: Info - Louella Belle
Subject: Ibx

Hiya, I'm currently waiting for my 1st delivery of IBX so I'm yet to use the product. Can you let me know what the advice is regarding its use before applying acrylic nails?
I know you can use it immediately before uv gel polish and so can't work out why you couldn't use it before applying acrylic.

Kind regards
Kate

REPLY................

Hi Katie,

Thank you for contacting Louella Belle. I have attached IBX FAQ's which will help answer any query's you may have before you apply your first IBX treatment.

You can use IBX under acrylic nails, however it is recommended for under gel polish nails or for natural nails, as it is a nail treatment to improve the nail.

If you need any further information please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks,

Olivia.

The way I've digested all the information is that IBX works from with in the nails so there would be no harm in applying it before acrylic or hard gel extensions, however IBX is a treatment that needs to be maintained through regular treatments & you can't do that if someone where's extensions permanently. HTH

Mines absolutely fine now I've out an adapter plug on it. It doesn't angle down but if you have a handy bf like me you can unclip the inside from the base and turn it round so it does angle down! Even if you can't so that, it still worked fine for me before I turned it

I did have a look because that thought occurred to me - I had a go but it looked like there was a bar through the centre. If your boyfriend managed to pull it off, I'll take the lamp round to my dad's this afternoon and get him to work his magic!

Hi cleanse after repair (but don't cleanse if you are using repair on second coat on the delaminated or split nails) that is the only time you don't cleanse - I charge £10 for the first treatment and £5 thereafter and if they just want an IBX treatment on its own I charge £12 (with oil, hand cream and maybe just a base coat)

The instructions from IBX are to cleanse before beginning treatment and again after EVERY cure.

Im going to order this next week sounds amazing. Does any one know if you can get any advertising material to put in salon ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im going to order this next week sounds amazing. Does any one know if you can get any advertising material to put in salon ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jim N: We are putting the finishing touches on a table tent to entice and educate your customers and also on a Window Cling.

The way I've digested all the information is that IBX works from with in the nails so there would be no harm in applying it before acrylic or hard gel extensions, however IBX is a treatment that needs to be maintained through regular treatments & you can't do that if someone where's extensions permanently. HTH

Jim N: True, it is best when used to grow natural nails or when you are removing the on top service on a regular basis.

I don't want to muddy the waters but I emailed louellabelle asking about the use of IBX before acrylic application. Here's My email and their response:-

MY EMAIL..........

Sent: 18 March 2014 10:57
To: Info - Louella Belle
Subject: Ibx

Hiya, I'm currently waiting for my 1st delivery of IBX so I'm yet to use the product. Can you let me know what the advice is regarding its use before applying acrylic nails?
I know you can use it immediately before uv gel polish and so can't work out why you couldn't use it before applying acrylic.

Kind regards
Kate

REPLY................

Hi Katie,

Thank you for contacting Louella Belle. I have attached IBX FAQ's which will help answer any query's you may have before you apply your first IBX treatment.

You can use IBX under acrylic nails, however it is recommended for under gel polish nails or for natural nails, as it is a nail treatment to improve the nail.

If you need any further information please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks,

Olivia.

Jim N: The more often an enhancement is removed/reapplied, the better the results. You can certainly apply it under ANY enhancement without any problems.

TIA x

JIm N: Would be interested who advised that, as it's not true.

Latest posts

Back