IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered my ibx this will be brill to print out thankyou for sharing :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395696220.736062.jpg

Some IBX treatment photos. Working on this split, hoping to repair it and improve. I lost original photos when my phone crashed so the quality isn't great. But I see an improvement after 3 sessions, no miracles but slow and steady progress.

I know you are supposed to cleanse after every cure but I can't help feeling that I'm wiping the product off before its really gone into the nail!

I know you are supposed to cleanse after every cure but I can't help feeling that I'm wiping the product off before its really gone into the nail!

If your heating correctly the product will be being absorbed in to the nail where it needs to be so only the excess is being removed. :)

If your heating correctly the product will be being absorbed in to the nail where it needs to be so only the excess is being removed. :)

Thank you for the reassurance :) I've been heating for the time stated, both hands at once under my MINX lamp

Thank you for the reassurance :) I've been heating for the time stated, both hands at once under my MINX lamp

I did forget to blot one hand before placing in the lamp but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

I did forget to blot one hand before placing in the lamp but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

I keep forgetting to blot just trying to get into a routine im

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I keep forgetting to blot just trying to get into a routine im

Lol I've forgotten this too. Normally on the first hand and I remember for the second!

Lol I've forgotten this too. Normally on the first hand and I remember for the second!

So glad im not alone I get to the 2 nd hand too and think oooohhh. I don't think anyone has noticed

So glad im not alone I get to the 2 nd hand too and think oooohhh. I don't think anyone has noticed

No I don't think they notice either as it's so new they wouldn't know the routine and that we are meant to blot every time! I sometimes get in a pickle with what hand had been under the heat for 3 mins and which needs to go in the lamp too 😁

I have an elderly client that I've been using IBX on and she has very thin and weak nails that are soft and after 3 applications when I went to do her nails for the forth time a couple of them had come away from the nail bed at the free edge and one has broken right down and was quite sore. She is reluctant to have IBX anymore as she's thinking it is the IBX causing the problem but I'm wanting to carry on with it as I feel she needs more treatments. Would the IBX cause something like this? Am I ok to carry on treating her nails with IBX and try and convince her to stick with it? She is on quite a lot of medication so I'm wondering if this is causing her nails to be so bad. She desperately wants nice nails and I was hoping IBX would be her miracle cure!!

On one of my very first applications of IBX (on DH) I forgot to blot on one hand after the IBX. Two weeks later I noticed something "chipping" off his thumb nail. As I had put nothing else on his nail except the IBX, I am assuming that the excess that I failed to blot off was "cured" onto his nail. I buffed his nail gently to remove any roughness due to the chipping nad his nail has been fine. Note that I did not see this cured IBX on his nail until it began to chip off after two weeks.

I have used IBX on one client four times weekly and she is coming in again next week... I thought only three applications were required? I am blotting after heat should I leave this step out or what else could I be doing wrong 😢

On one of my very first applications of IBX (on DH) I forgot to blot on one hand after the IBX. Two weeks later I noticed something "chipping" off his thumb nail. As I had put nothing else on his nail except the IBX, I am assuming that the excess that I failed to blot off was "cured" onto his nail. I buffed his nail gently to remove any roughness due to the chipping nad his nail has been fine. Note that I did not see this cured IBX on his nail until it began to chip off after two weeks.

Oh no, now im worried. Might have to watch out for those and be really very careful from now on.

I have an elderly client that I've been using IBX on and she has very thin and weak nails that are soft and after 3 applications when I went to do her nails for the forth time a couple of them had come away from the nail bed at the free edge and one has broken right down and was quite sore. She is reluctant to have IBX anymore as she's thinking it is the IBX causing the problem but I'm wanting to carry on with it as I feel she needs more treatments. Would the IBX cause something like this? Am I ok to carry on treating her nails with IBX and try and convince her to stick with it? She is on quite a lot of medication so I'm wondering if this is causing her nails to be so bad. She desperately wants nice nails and I was hoping IBX would be her miracle cure!!

Maybe her nails have had enough IBX for now and they have become brittle? What was the time between applications? Does she use oil regularly?

I would not use IBX this time. If nails are very thin I wouldn't apply too often as there must be a limit to the amount of IBX a nail needs before it becomes brittle. Just think about what it is doing. In most nails it will penetrate the upper layers but, if a nail is very thin, there may not be many layers there to begin with. I would advise caution.

Maybe her nails have had enough IBX for now and they have become brittle? What was the time between applications? Does she use oil regularly?

I would not use IBX this time. If nails are very thin I wouldn't apply too often as there must be a limit to the amount of IBX a nail needs before it becomes brittle. Just think about what it is doing. In most nails it will penetrate the upper layers but, if a nail is very thin, there may not be many layers there to begin with. I would advise caution.

Ok thanks marion. I did once a week applications 3 times and they have now gone 3 weeks since the last application. Perhaps some Brisa lite will protect them better for now?

You may laugh, but I've put it in super simple terms to give to all of my staff as reference, hope its all correct?
I'm using my CND UV lamp.

View attachment 59831View attachment 59832

I think this is great but, correct me if I'm wrong, but on the instructions and also on the video it doesn't say to cleanse after you put the ibx repair just on the delamination or splits. I know you cleanse after the first application of repair and obviously after each ibx coats

I think this is great but, correct me if I'm wrong, but on the instructions and also on the video it doesn't say to cleanse after you put the ibx repair just on the delamination or splits. I know you cleanse after the first application of repair and obviously after each ibx coats

I'm getting quite confused as to when to cleanse and when not to cleanse! Famous names said you do cleanse, louella belle said you don't ?!
I have found that if I don't cleanse after that repair then I can still see dots of it where I have applied it?

Latest posts

Back