IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting quite confused as to when to cleanse and when not to cleanse! Famous names said you do cleanse, louella belle said you don't ?!
I have found that if I don't cleanse after that repair then I can still see dots of it where I have applied it?

Yes me too but I haven't been cleansing after that coat - does it make any difference - I really don't know!!! But it definitely doesn't say cleanse after that coat on Famous Names instructions or their own video. Maybe Linda or Jim can confirm this please.

Yes me too but I haven't been cleansing after that coat - does it make any difference - I really don't know!!! But it definitely doesn't say cleanse after that coat on Famous Names instructions or their own video. Maybe Linda or Jim can confirm this please.

Jim N: Linda will address this...sorry for the confusion!

Jim N: You cleanse after using Repair when used under gel polish. We do this because you want to remove any inhibition layer from applying the Repair over the whole surface. When you are using IBX Repair for natural nail growth, you do not cleanse since it is only applied into/onto specific nail damage (such as delamination, peeling, splits etc) and not over the entire nail. If you go to ibxnails.com under the "why nails love ibx" section, you can download the application instructions.

I think this is great but, correct me if I'm wrong, but on the instructions and also on the video it doesn't say to cleanse after you put the ibx repair just on the delamination or splits. I know you cleanse after the first application of repair and obviously after each ibx coats

Jim N: Absolutely correct!

Ok thanks marion. I did once a week applications 3 times and they have now gone 3 weeks since the last application. Perhaps some Brisa lite will protect them better for now?

Jim N: It sounds like your client is ready for maintenance mode which is every three weeks.

On one of my very first applications of IBX (on DH) I forgot to blot on one hand after the IBX. Two weeks later I noticed something "chipping" off his thumb nail. As I had put nothing else on his nail except the IBX, I am assuming that the excess that I failed to blot off was "cured" onto his nail. I buffed his nail gently to remove any roughness due to the chipping nad his nail has been fine. Note that I did not see this cured IBX on his nail until it began to chip off after two weeks.

Jim N: You need to blot. Good to hear his nail is doing fine. It's hard to see it even if you leave it on the surface, but it can lead to brittleness if you don't blot.

I have used IBX on one client four times weekly and she is coming in again next week... I thought only three applications were required? I am blotting after heat should I leave this step out or what else could I be doing wrong ��

Jim N: Not sure where you heard only three applications are needed. You must blot after heat and before curing with the LED/UV light. It sounds like your client may be ready for every two to three week treatments. It's unclear from your message how her nails are doing?

I know you are supposed to cleanse after every cure but I can't help feeling that I'm wiping the product off before its really gone into the nail!

Jim N: IBX penetrates into the nail plate with the aid of heat. You then cure with an LED/UV light and only after that do you cleanse. If you are cleansing after the heat, but before curing with the LED/UV, it would remove some of the penetrated product.

View attachment 59906

Some IBX treatment photos. Working on this split, hoping to repair it and improve. I lost original photos when my phone crashed so the quality isn't great. But I see an improvement after 3 sessions, no miracles but slow and steady progress.

Jim N: Awesome! With splits like that it's not instant gratification, but as the split is treated and grows out, a happy customer will result :confused:

Anyone got an opinion on whether I should do the ibx twice again as the nails haven't improved? Thanks

Jim N: Do not do twice (as several have pointed out), brittleness could result. If you email [email protected] she will help you.

Absolutely. Its my understanding that reapplying earlier than 7 days can cause brittleness. Im sure Jim and/or Linda can correct if I am wrong.
Depending on the severity of the damage we start with weekly treatments until they have improved, then we spread the treatments to biweekly application and then monthly :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Jim N: Totally correct Biljana!

Jim N: You cleanse after using Repair when used under gel polish. We do this because you want to remove any inhibition layer from applying the Repair over the whole surface. When you are using IBX Repair for natural nail growth, you do not cleanse since it is only applied into/onto specific nail damage (such as delamination, peeling, splits etc) and not over the entire nail. If you go to ibxnails.com under the "why nails love ibx" section, you can download the application instructions.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes I am seeing little dots of repair left at the end of the treatment when applying just to damage. Am I using too much?

Hi jemiimafox if you are getting 'little dots' after applying just to repair you should blot excess after heat and before cure but as Jim has confirmed don't cleanse and carry straight on with your next coat of ibx hope this helps

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been asked! but if using on natural nails without Gel Polish, how often would you use it? is it weekly until you see an improvement and then monthly? is there a maximum amount of weeks it can be used for? x

Sharny what I'd like to do for my clients with SEVERE damage is; once a week for a couple of weeks or until I see an improvement then once every two weeks for a few times and then once every three weeks moving to once a month after a while (that's my ultimate goal).

I've not actually used IBX for very long so haven't got anyone from start to finish but that's my plan.

Karaxxx

Sharny what I'd like to do for my clients with SEVERE damage is; once a week for a couple of weeks or until I see an improvement then once every two weeks for a few times and then once every three weeks moving to once a month after a while (that's my ultimate goal).

I've not actually used IBX for very long so haven't got anyone from start to finish but that's my plan.

Karaxxx

Hi, when you are seeing your clients weekly/biweekly for IBX are you literally just applying the IBX or are you performing a manicure/mini manicure with it?
Thanks

It took long enough for everybody to learn it the first way ' holds head in hands ' this thread will double with confusion.
I personally now feel one specific heat source or exact wattage lamp is going to have to be recommended as some people just can't get their heads around it & I'm also seeing comments of over use & brittleness, does worry me slightly :(

Editing to say everything progresses & that is fantastic & I personally don't have issues but some will & the treatment could end up being done wrong & starting a bad press for it not working or causing harm before we know it.
The whole instructions debacle escalated way beyond what it needed to it really is a straight forward routine once you learn it like any thing. :)

Last edited:
It took long enough for everybody to learn it the first way ' holds head in hands ' this thread will double with confusion.
I personally now feel one specific heat source or exact wattage lamp is going to have to be recommended as some people just can't get their heads around it & I'm also seeing comments of over use & brittleness, does worry me slightly :(

Why?
Shorten the times and keep going as per usual.
Too much of the good thing is not always good :) people constantly overabuse everything. It is quite simple, don't apply IBX more than once a week.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back