IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using an ikea lamp for a 60w bulb but have a 100w infra red in it. So far so good. It is on for a max of 4 mins! If it carries on as successfully as it has been I will invest in something more suitable or may leave it till my electrics blow lol!

Maisey mouse - there has been comments somewhere from jim re the nail drier saying that is perfectly suitable with a link to a single hand drier and a double hand drier.

Vic x

Hi, I'm going in search of a new desk lamp & infrared bulb tomorrow, can I ask where you got your bulb from and are most infrared bulbs screw in?!!
Thanks

Hi helen, i'm also new with the IBX treatment, i wonder why do you think IBX can make it worse? tnx

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wonderful idea!💭

Hi helen, i'm also new with the IBX treatment, i wonder why do you think IBX can make it worse? tnx

If IBX repair is used too frequently it can cause brittleness in the nails. Im sure Linda has said that or ive read it on their info somewhere. Im not to sure how much is too much as ive been doing this client every two weeks but to get better results shes agreed to have Vinylux instead of Shellac & have IBX treatment weekly but as shes already had 3 lots of IBX I wanted reassurance this is ok?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ladies, please advise me. Ive been using IBX on a client whose nail are very ridged, dry, brittle but thick. She always has Brisa Lite smoothing gel and Shellac every two weeks. Ive done 3 IBX repair & IBX treatments a 2 week intervals. Yesterday we did removal & IBX 3 & decided to not reapply Shellac but to shorten and put Vinylux on to rest her nails & so I could do weekly IBX treatments to get better results. Is this ok?? Im just unsure if shes has 3 IBX treatments so far, if now doing weekly for a few weeks is unadvisable & could over do it??? Don't want to do more harm than good & over apply treatment. Thanks for any help :D x
Pic is before 1st treatment

It would be useful to see the nails now. If this is her nails before the first IBX treatment then seeing them after 3 would help more.

From this pic her ring and little fingers are in need of help from IBX.

If you're using Smoothing Gel then removal takes longer and she is obviously susceptible to the removal process. I don't think you need to stop using Shellac as IBX under this will protect the nail. I would suggest not using Smoothing gel so removal is shorter. If Shellac works for her then continue with this. I don't think you need to go to Vinylux to get more IBX in.

Perhaps you could post a pic of her nails now? I really don't think you're doing 'more harm than good' but maybe no Smoothing and just IBX every time under Shellac will work.

I'm guessing here as a current pic of her nails would be more useful

If IBX repair is used too frequently it can cause brittleness in the nails. Im sure Linda has said that or ive read it on their info somewhere. Im not to sure how much is too much as ive been doing this client every two weeks but to get better results shes agreed to have Vinylux instead of Shellac & have IBX treatment weekly but as shes already had 3 lots of IBX I wanted reassurance this is ok?

See my earlier answer. But.....it can only cause brittleness if the nail plate is very thin! It is rare that IBX can cause any adverse reaction.

It would be useful to see the nails now. If this is her nails before the first IBX treatment then seeing them after 3 would help more.

From this pic her ring and little fingers are in need of help from IBX.

If you're using Smoothing Gel then removal takes longer and she is obviously susceptible to the removal process. I don't think you need to stop using Shellac as IBX under this will protect the nail. I would suggest not using Smoothing gel so removal is shorter. If Shellac works for her then continue with this. I don't think you need to go to Vinylux to get more IBX in.

Perhaps you could post a pic of her nails now? I really don't think you're doing 'more harm than good' but maybe no Smoothing and just IBX every time under Shellac will work.

I'm guessing here as a current pic of her nails would be more useful

Thanks for your reply Mum. I stupidly didnt take a photo yesterday but there is improvement but still white patches on many nails. Ive taken the length much shorter to remove as much damaged nail as possible. The reason im using the smoothing gel is my client has VERY ridged nails so to get the nicest results for her we use the smoothing gel under the Shellac. I put Vinylux on her nails yesterday to give her nails a rest from the removal but because her nails are heavily ridged the Vinylux didnt look great. Would you recommend I do a further IBX repair/IBX in 7 days or not? Bit confused? Sorry :( x

Hi, I'm going in search of a new desk lamp & infrared bulb tomorrow, can I ask where you got your bulb from and are most infrared bulbs screw in?!!
Thanks

I got the bulb with the lamp that a few geeks have shown on here - an Ebay one that is on a little stand, and can't be pointed anywhere near the nails!
I just took the bulb out! think most are fat screw in!!!

Vicki x

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 168
Hi I ordered it on 31st March it arrived today 3rd April x

That's just wot I've been looking for. Thank you for posting this I've just ordered one 😄 x

Is it ok to use Ibx on nails like this, she lost her nail as she is a real picker and she ended up with a poisoned finger???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 216
Is it ok to use Ibx on nails like this, she lost her nail as she is a real picker and she ended up with a poisoned finger???

If the nail bed is open any where you can't use it. X

This question may of been asked but I can't find it anywhere! What sort of prices is everyone charging? And are you charging different for first application to top ups etc.. Thanks

Thanks for your reply Mum. I stupidly didnt take a photo yesterday but there is improvement but still white patches on many nails. Ive taken the length much shorter to remove as much damaged nail as possible. The reason im using the smoothing gel is my client has VERY ridged nails so to get the nicest results for her we use the smoothing gel under the Shellac. I put Vinylux on her nails yesterday to give her nails a rest from the removal but because her nails are heavily ridged the Vinylux didnt look great. Would you recommend I do a further IBX repair/IBX in 7 days or not? Bit confused? Sorry :( x

Jim N: Agree with Mum, it sounds like the Smoothing Gel is increasing the removal fatigue. I think IBX in seven days is fine.

Jim N: The short answer is yes, it's okay as long as you are not doing it more than once per week. At some point (and I would think you are getting close) you should go to everyother to every third week with IBX. It's not just the Repair, but the system can cause brittleness if used more than once per week.

I'm no expert but I think if she's got brittle nails anyway then doing weekly ibx could make it worse.

Jim N: Not necessarily, it's more to do with the overall condition of the nail. If they are thin, peeling, splitting, once per week is fine. As the nails improve then everyother week to every three weeks is what is needed.

Latest posts

Back