IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, thank you! Sorry for re asking... It just confused me as it specified LED so I wasn't sure if that meant it would not work at all with a UV lamp and wanted to clarify, I just wanted to double check as I'm currently weighing up between the pros and cons of updating to a LED and this would have been a definite pro if it was only LED :)

Jim N: Sorry for that...we just could not test all of the UV lights out there, so were being safe in suggesting the LED. Since then we have updated the application instructions to incorporate UV also. For the most updated instructions, go to www.ibxnails.com

Im going to probably sound like a complete rookie (and I kind am) so sorry in advance.... I've just seen a local alon suplybstore I'm in Aus) stocks this, and I think I have a family friend who would benefit EXTREMELY well from the "repair" product. She has super thin nails, that flake, snap almost as oon as they're past the free edge, she is elderly and is on medication ( in her 60s)

1st question; it says on the page "cured with your favourite LED lamp", I've been looking into a LED but just got into CND shellac which is UV, so can it cure with a Uv at all? (Probably a seriously stupid question but anyway)

2nd question - what's the prep for this product? Is there any buffing at all? As I can't hit her nail with a buffing block I have to use a super blunt just to shape!

Any insight thank you in advance, I had never heard of this product before joining salon geek as here in aus our products seem to be limited compared to elsewhere!

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jim N: Yes, you may use UV...cure for the amount of time suggested for the gel polish color coat. Do not buff...we have had many, many nail pro's using IBX under gel polishes without buffing and they are not seeing any adverse results but nails are even better without the buffing.

ok so I have read through this thread and haven't yet seen an answer to my question so apologies if this has already been answered or if this is a stupid question!!
We use IBX Repair and IBX EVERYTIME before shellac that is clear (to prevent any dehydration during the soaking process). But, if the IBX stays within the nail until it has grown out then why EVERYTIME? As surely if the IBX is within the nail, and shellac is being reapplied every two weeks, it will be a while before the IBX grows out??
TIA

Jim N: It's a good question. The answer is it addresses the new nail growth and restores any IBX removed from the surface during the removal process. By the way, it is not dehydration from removal that is any kind of problem...it is the softening of the nail from the remover (usually acetone) combined with scraping that causes the damage. The #1 problem is techs are not soaking long enough before attempting to remove.

To Salontreat

The only comment I can make from what you have said is about the heat burning the product off. I am using an infra red but it is quite a way from the nails, treating all 10 nails at a time, so the heat is extremely gentle. There should be no question of it burning off. I also do all cuticle work after, so that could be it. Would it be feasible to offer this client a couple of free treatments to keep her on side. Do before pics and tell her you're trying to find out why it isn't working. I would hope that she would be pleased that you care!
Good luck

Vicki x

Jim N: Totally correct (as usual :biggrin:). The stronger the bulb, the further away you need to hold the hands. GENTLE heat is all that is needed.

Jim N: Be careful about how much heat, that is a lot of watts. The key is how far away you hold the hands.

I can get a lower watt bulb possibly but thanks for the advise will keep it a good distance away :) you have an amazing product already have had lots of enquiries and bookings

I can get a lower watt bulb possibly but thanks for the advise will keep it a good distance away :) you have an amazing product already have had lots of enquiries and bookings

The light they sell with IBX is a 150 watt IR lamp ? The lamp I have ordered is the same watt ?
I just get confused 😳 x

Thank you for your replies! I will swap any cuticle work to post IBX application but would like to know the whys and wherefores. Sadly as this client seems not to be able to grow out the damage with the IBX as the flaking continues and am disheartened because I am unable to give her the reassurance that given time results should improve ...she feels she is throwing good money away ! I can actually see the repair wicking into the flaking edges and she does experience improvement initially it just doesn't last long enough for her to grow out any damage. A bit of a perfectionist so feel the need to understand where and why this may not be working . Thank you again just want it to be the panacea I think it is !

Lets try and figure this out!!! I have seen IBX do some amazing things, so I am sure we can help this lady!!! So, a few questions:

1. Are you putting the Repair into her splitting??? If you are using a gel polish afterwards, I would seal Repair into the splitting cure, etc, then go back and do Repair over the top, heat, blot, cure. cleanse and then do IBX.
2. if so and the Repair sinks down into the split, try not blotting-the only time we really need to blot is if there is Repair left on the surface of the nail.
3. Definitely DO NOT use any water, oil or cuticle remover before IBX application-the reason is that once you do that IBX cannot penetrate into the nail the way it should.

All nails are different, with extremely bad nails it will take longer to get them healthy, especially if we are pickers, etc. If you take a look at the IBX brochure, look at Marcella's nails, I think it took me about 5-6 treatments before we finally saw huge results, she had extreme splitting and peeling.

I hope this helps!

The light they sell with IBX is a 150 watt IR lamp ? The lamp I have ordered is the same watt ?
I just get confused 😳 x

Hi Steph

I agree bit confusing I am using the lamp tomorrow so will let you know how I get on and what distance from the nails :)

Hi Steph

I agree bit confusing I am using the lamp tomorrow so will let you know how I get on and what distance from the nails :)

Ah thank you that would be great x

I'm new to IBX and just wanted to know if you were using BLSG before IBX came out and do any of you use it now or do you find the IBX treatment enough for strength ? X

Hi Steph

Hi
I put the lamp on top of my CND UV Lamp and angled it on to my table so the height from the bottom of the light bulb to the table top was 10 inches (26cm) worked a treat and a nice gentle heat.
I am very impressed with IBX and it seemed to make the gel application go on like a dream :)

I've now changed and started using this for my heat source and it is fab, client loved the ease of it and time was reduced radically but using two CND lamps and the dryer as could do both hands at the same time, happy client and happy maz.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 322
Maz where did you get your dryer? X

Hi
I put the lamp on top of my CND UV Lamp and angled it on to my table so the height from the bottom of the light bulb to the table top was 10 inches (26cm) worked a treat and a nice gentle heat.
I am very impressed with IBX and it seemed to make the gel application go on like a dream :)

Thank you for letting me know how you got on, sounds great x

Maz where did you get your dryer? X

I got if from ebay was under £30 just put in nail dryer in ebay search, I haven't got link on at moment.

I got if from ebay was under £30 just put in nail dryer in ebay search, I haven't got link on at moment.

Just panicked and bought one, only 73 left and I though all geeks will be after them soon lol

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I've now changed and started using this for my heat source and it is fab, client loved the ease of it and time was reduced radically but using two CND lamps and the dryer as could do both hands at the same time, happy client and happy maz.

I have one of these too

Just panicked and bought one, only 73 left and I though all geeks will be after them soon lol

I have been using a nail dryer since January and I get on with it really well :)
Paid $45

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Thing is no one really uses dryers now but with ibx I recon they will sell loads and then price will go up

Also you'll love the little disco lights when in use :)

Thing is no one really uses dryers now but with ibx I recon they will sell loads and then price will go up

Also you'll love the little disco lights when in use :)

Awww im so excited

Latest posts

Back