IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an email from "Famous Names" in big bold letters:

YOU CANNOT USE YOUR UV LAMPS AS THE HEAT SOURCE FOR IBX!

We suggest the use of the following:

1. Small Table Lamp with a 75-100 Watt Bulb

2. Nail Polish Dryers with a warm setting

3. Minx Heat

4. Small blow dryer

They must be getting a lot of questions and confusion to warrant this email.

Can you cure this under led lamp ?

Does anyone know when the next flash sale is ?

I just got an email from "Famous Names" in big bold letters:

YOU CANNOT USE YOUR UV LAMPS AS THE HEAT SOURCE FOR IBX!

We suggest the use of the following:

1. Small Table Lamp with a 75-100 Watt Bulb

2. Nail Polish Dryers with a warm setting

3. Minx Heat

4. Small blow dryer

They must be getting a lot of questions and confusion to warrant this email.

You are correct, and we totally understand it, tis is a new product and new techniques, and we just want to make sure that everyone understands a UV light is not the kind of heat we need to make IBX successful, thanks so much for posting this!

Hi geeks

I'm trying to find the instructions in the photos below.

Can't remember where I copied it from, FB or SG.

If anyone has these could you send me the link on here please.

Thanks ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402437249.592139.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402437262.246733.jpg

I've just had the happiest client ever! Stupidly I forgot to take a before picture but they were seriously bad; short, weak and terribly peeling. She's an older lady who doesn't had anything on them but just wanted a little length and for them to stop peeling.

We started using Repair & IBX at the beginning of March, once a week at first then gradually getting more and more spaced out as time moved on, she comes ever 4 weeks now and I now apply only the IBX, no Repair as the flakes have stopped.

When she came today she was grinning from ear to ear and announced that she had to file them down last week as they were.........too long!!! One very happy customer.

Thank you to the crew at Famous Names, I love you.

Karaxxx

Hey everyone what's the situation with pricing - I charge £15 for gel overlay which I know isn't much but I'm still building clients etc however I'm really interested in purchasing ibx as a few clients would benefit - what sort of price are you charging ? I know it's all down to equipment wages product price etc however a ball park figure per treatment would be great thanks :lol::lol::cool::biggrin:

I charge £8 for IBX & Repair, and £6 for just IBX. I use my minx infrared lamp and I bought a cheapie LED lamp so that I could cut the time down dramatically from using my CND lamp (30sec instead of 2mins), thus cutting the cost per treatment.

Karaxxx

My client who has a long history of troubled nails agreed to try IBX. Her nails are slow to grow and normally just break when any length has grown. We started really well and after 4 weekly treatments all flaking had gone and we had some growth. Went to two weekly treatments and started applying nail polish after treatment no longer needed repair. Brill!
After 7 treatments in total all of a sudden her nails started to flake again and most broke. She was really upset as she was going on holiday and she thought we had solved her nail problem for ever. Did a repair and treatment then applied Shellac. She came back tonight and both her ring fingers have nail separation also it is slightly on her index fingers. I was felt so sorry for her.
I feel that the Shellac was the problem here as she said every time she tries a gel polish this happens. ( she had not used Shellac before and she did not tell me before I put it on) she also told me that if she wears nail polish for (reapplying as necessary ) for more than 2 weeks it can also happen.
What do I offer her now, do I carry on with the IBX ? Is it an allergic relation? If so what to?
Any comments would be appreciated.

My client who has a long history of troubled nails agreed to try IBX. Her nails are slow to grow and normally just break when any length has grown. We started really well and after 4 weekly treatments all flaking had gone and we had some growth. Went to two weekly treatments and started applying nail polish after treatment no longer needed repair. Brill!
After 7 treatments in total all of a sudden her nails started to flake again and most broke. She was really upset as she was going on holiday and she thought we had solved her nail problem for ever. Did a repair and treatment then applied Shellac. She came back tonight and both her ring fingers have nail separation also it is slightly on her index fingers. I was felt so sorry for her.
I feel that the Shellac was the problem here as she said every time she tries a gel polish this happens. ( she had not used Shellac before and she did not tell me before I put it on) she also told me that if she wears nail polish for (reapplying as necessary ) for more than 2 weeks it can also happen.
What do I offer her now, do I carry on with the IBX ? Is it an allergic relation? If so what to?
Any comments would be appreciated.

I agree with you, it does sounds like she may be allergic to gel polish-especially if this has happened before, it definitely rules out IBX being the culprit. My gut feeling is that you should just do regular manicures on her and stay away from the gel polish. On IBX, this is a judgment call, I would be hesitant to use anything on her until she got that cleared up, could help her to see a doctor so she can find out what it is.

I hope this hasn't already been covered.

I have two clients who have had good results using IBX every two weeks under their gel polish. Both are now coming up for the 10th treatment. I think I read somewhere that IBX is recommended for 10 treatments, so what do I do after that?

Hi Linda

I hope this hasn't already been covered. I have two clients who have had good results using IBX every two weeks under their gel polish. Both are now coming up for the 10th treatment. I think I read somewhere that IBX is recommended for 10 treatments, so what do I do after that?

You can definitely continue using IBX, I have now been using it for 2 1/2 years!!! That is actually how IBX was formulated is to be an ongoing treatment. The reason that you can use it without problems on most people is that IBX does not bond to the keratin of the natural nail, IBX bonds to itself within the nail.

Hopefully the pic is attached! Ive been using IBX for a couple of months (fortnightly) but im noticing this strange orangey discolouration on the nail since ive been using it which is getting a little more intense each time?? Anyone else getting this? xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403261336402.jpg
    1403261336402.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 213
I agree with you, it does sounds like she may be allergic to gel polish-especially if this has happened before, it definitely rules out IBX being the culprit. My gut feeling is that you should just do regular manicures on her and stay away from the gel polish. On IBX, this is a judgment call, I would be hesitant to use anything on her until she got that cleared up, could help her to see a doctor so she can find out what it is.

Do you think if I do manicures she could have them painted? Does painting them and therefore keeping them in the dark have any adverse affect. If we do not put something on them they will just break. She keeps them very short! She so much wants nice nails .

I must also say that I have had fantastic results with IBX both natural and gel users.
I have one other problem client who has terrible peeling and flaking which has gone past the free edge now and well into zone two. She has had 8 weekly treatments and we seem no further forward. Do I keep going? She also wears her nails very short. Does not have gel as it doesn't stay on because of the flaking, but she does keep them painted. She paints them every couple of days herself in between appointments.Now that she has had several treatments do you think I should try Shellac or even Brisa Lite Smoothing gel.
This is the only client that I not seen any improvement :confused:

Hopefully the pic is attached! Ive been using IBX for a couple of months (fortnightly) but im noticing this strange orangey discolouration on the nail since ive been using it which is getting a little more intense each time?? Anyone else getting this? xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

What have you been using on top of IBX have you been using gel or varnish?

Do you think if I do manicures she could have them painted? Does painting them and therefore keeping them in the dark have any adverse affect. If we do not put something on them they will just break. She keeps them very short! She so much wants nice nails .

That sounds like a great idea, I think keeping them short is the key for right now. Then, maybe wait a few weeks and go back to the IBX treatment maybe every 2-3 weeks for some strength.

I must also say that I have had fantastic results with IBX both natural and gel users.
I have one other problem client who has terrible peeling and flaking which has gone past the free edge now and well into zone two. She has had 8 weekly treatments and we seem no further forward. Do I keep going? She also wears her nails very short. Does not have gel as it doesn't stay on because of the flaking, but she does keep them painted. She paints them every couple of days herself in between appointments.Now that she has had several treatments do you think I should try Shellac or even Brisa Lite Smoothing gel.
This is the only client that I not seen any improvement :confused:

if she is removing her polish every couple of days with those kind of nail that could also contribute to the peeling. instead of her removing the polish I would show her how to do touch ups with her color and top coat. Are you using the Repair into the split??? with someone with sever splitting, try this>

cleanse, Repair into the split only DO NOT BLOT-cure cleanse---if she has super deep splits and you now see that they aren't totally filled, go in and do Repair again the same exact way-then follow with IBX the normal way. This is what I do for severe splitters. Let me know how it works.

Latest posts

Back