IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not think IBX could cause this in one visit. If someone is allergic, they would be allergic to monomers. Can you tell me if either clients (and yourself) have every been overexposed to monomers? I am going to chat with Jim on this and get his opinion, give me a couple of days as he is in Dubai right now.

For myself I used IBX about 3-4times before I developed the peeling skin, I don't use monomer so definitely no over exposure there. I don't know if the acrylic client was overexposed at anytime as I didn't do her nails so I can't tell you. The natural nail client has never had enhancements on at all so definitely no over exposure.

I appreciate your time, thank you!

I have really thin horrible peeling and splitting nails. So thin that I cant keep gel/shellac polish on really at all. Would It be ok for me to IBX & IBX Repair my nails every other day for a couple of weeks? Or is there a minimum time preference before each application?

Any help really appreciated xx

You are advised to leave a minimum of 7 days between treatment :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

For myself I used IBX about 3-4times before I developed the peeling skin, I don't use monomer so definitely no over exposure there. I don't know if the acrylic client was overexposed at anytime as I didn't do her nails so I can't tell you. The natural nail client has never had enhancements on at all so definitely no over exposure.

I appreciate your time, thank you!

Most times onycholysis in the salon is caused by some kind of physical trauma to the nail bed, could be from removal, over filing, banging the nail or the nail just becoming too thin. Sometimes allergic reaction can cause onycholysis but it is unlikely that would happen with 1 IBX treatment. So, I am unsure of why this happened to these ladies. The acrylic client obviously could be from prior services--but the natural baffles me. Please keep me posted!

Thank you xx

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi everyone, I've only just ordered ibx! And sat with a cuppa and read this whole thread!
Can't wait to have a play and hopefully improve some of my clients nails!!!!

After reading all about the lamps, I just got the one off Louella belle. So hopefully no confusion there for me.

Just a few q's

After applying Ibx, I use gelish harmony, I no says to continue as normal so would this include buffing or go straight to ph bond?

Also most of my clients who will benefit from this atm is my gelish users, so could i use this every time they come in 3-4 weeks or at the start do they need to come in once a week up to three weeks. Depending on damage.

Did you do a introductory offer?

Thankyou! :) x

Can any one help with above q's please. Had it delivered today yay! x

Hi everyone, I've only just ordered ibx! And sat with a cuppa and read this whole thread!
Can't wait to have a play and hopefully improve some of my clients nails!!!!

After reading all about the lamps, I just got the one off Louella belle. So hopefully no confusion there for me.

Just a few q's

After applying Ibx, I use gelish harmony, I no says to continue as normal so would this include buffing or go straight to ph bond?

Also most of my clients who will benefit from this atm is my gelish users, so could i use this every time they come in 3-4 weeks or at the start do they need to come in once a week up to three weeks. Depending on damage.

Did you do a introductory offer?

Thankyou! :) x

Once you've done you're last ibx just carry on with your normal application so buff ph bond etc,

Your other question will all depend on an individual bases for your clients, I would get them to come back 2 weeks after their first ibx so you can assess and go from there with them individually.

I offered a couple if my best clients their first one free to see how they got on and so I could practice, I also offer mine as an extra with gel for a nail growing programme and got my auntie to have hers done once a week for 6 weeks which worked wonders and is a great before and after

HTH xx

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Once you've done you're last ibx just carry on with your normal application so buff ph bond etc,

Your other question will all depend on an individual bases for your clients, I would get them to come back 2 weeks after their first ibx so you can assess and go from there with them individually.

I offered a couple if my best clients their first one free to see how they got on and so I could practice, I also offer mine as an extra with gel for a nail growing programme and got my auntie to have hers done once a week for 6 weeks which worked wonders and is a great before and after

HTH xx

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Aww thankyou so much!!! Great help!! :) x x

I've been impressed so far

Enjoy life

With Ibx can it take a couple of treatments before noticing, these are my first two ones I have done... The hands are my mums, she is very naughty and picks the gelish off! She said she couldn't see a difference, but I said that it can take a few treatments is that right? Any tips would be appreciated :) Thank you x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424169173.943142.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424169223.441485.jpg

Are you all using scrubfresh to cleanse inbetween because I'm worried that would just be drying my clients nails out even more? X

Sent from my SM-C115 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been using the Gelish harmony nail surface cleanse x

I have seen IBX being sold on Salon services web site (Sally's) so I'm assuming it will be in their shops too. It's the same price as on Louella Belle site so no delivery costs if there's a Sally's near you!!
Just FYI xx

I have seen IBX being sold on Salon services web site (Sally's) so I'm assuming it will be in their shops too. It's the same price as on Louella Belle site so no delivery costs if there's a Sally's near you!!
Just FYI xx

I tried to get it from a few of their shops and the don't all carry it. Even the largest one near me doesn't have it. So ring ahead and check!

Trade only stores carry it xxx
Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

With Ibx can it take a couple of treatments before noticing, these are my first two ones I have done... The hands are my mums, she is very naughty and picks the gelish off! She said she couldn't see a difference, but I said that it can take a few treatments is that right? Any tips would be appreciated :) Thank you

It depends charleejay, ive had some people say they can feel the difference in 2 or 3 (never after 1 tbh) personally ive done 8 on my own and they are heaps stronger, particularly noticeable after 5 or 6

Its a bit if a leap of faith, some people wont keep on with it because it isnt instant

Fab results!! This clients has had 4 treatments 2 weeks apart. Shes never been able to grow her nails as they've always been too weak. Not anymore. Im also now using CND Brisa Lite Smoothing gel to help support the length further :D Shes over the moon.....and so am I!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought this from Liddle this week - I'm not UK based so don't know if it's in your Liddles at the moment. It's 75-100 watts and was really cheap (12 Swiss francs - about £8). I had to remove the head and replace it backwards so that the head would face down instead of up! I think it's perfect and cost buttons.View attachment 53698

Until I read your post I couldn’t fathom out what type of lamp to buy to dry the initial coat of IBX. The IBX instructions vaguely say a nail polish dryer is suitable. So that’s what I have bought. It’s battery operated and emails a stream of cool air) there is no heat just cool air) IS THIS GOING TO DRY THE IBX. Not sure I’ve bought the right one.

Also can anybody tell me what they mean by using a (cleanser) do they mean the liquid you use to remove sticky residue after gel. Will this be ok to use? Or do they mean the stuff you soak off gel with to cleanse the IBX. IM CONFUSED

Until I read your post I couldn’t fathom out what type of lamp to buy to dry the initial coat of IBX. The IBX instructions vaguely say a nail polish dryer is suitable. So that’s what I have bought. It’s battery operated and emails a stream of cool air) there is no heat just cool air) IS THIS GOING TO DRY THE IBX. Not sure I’ve bought the right one.

Also can anybody tell me what they mean by using a (cleanser) do they mean the liquid you use to remove sticky residue after gel. Will this be ok to use? Or do they mean the stuff you soak off gel with to cleanse the IBX. IM CONFUSED
IBX requires warmth over top to help it penetrate into the surface of the natural nail-so it has to be warm-gonto our website www.ibxnails.com and go to education and there are 2 short videos there that show you how to use IBX- as far as a cleanser goes -you would use whatever cleanser you use to clean the natural nails and to remove the inhibition layer of your gel polish. Are you a nail tech?

Latest posts

Back