IBX trouble with lamps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glamdoll

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would really like to buy some IBX for my clients, but reading on here with all the trouble people seem to have with the lamps etc is it really worth the bother? I have an led lamp of which I am able to cure Gelux, Gelish etc, but I don't have an infra red lamp & don't really want to use a hairdryer, has anyone managed to find something suitable yet? And does it seem to take a lot of gaffing about or is it worth it? The clients I am thinking of have been bad nail biters & their nails are in bad condition, they do not have gels on, just polish.

It seems to me that something so simple as applying IBX is made out to be a huge issue. There is no faffin about :) A gentle heat source (hair dryer, nail dryer, light bulb) will help penetrate the IBX Repair and IBX into the upper most layers of the nail plate then a CND UV or any LED will cure the product to help strenghten the natural nail or to protect from damage when removing gel polishes. It really is that simple, the product does exactly what it claims it will do. It does not take long, and using a hair dryer most certainly is perfectly acceptable. Best way to squash any issues is to try it :)
Besides, it is not a huge investment considering the benefits it offers. My new motto, no nail tech should be without IBX.
Best of luck

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I use a Minx lamp so can do both hands at the same time and the same again with 2 uv lamps. I definitely wouldn't want to go back to life before IBX.

I'm also amazed at how hard everyone seems to make it. If it isn't completely formulaic then people don't want to know. My first treatment I used a hair drier. Not ideal but fine. My client was hugely impressed that I was offering a brand new treatment and her nails have gone from strength to strength - literally. I bought a cheap lamp and use it with an infra red bulb which is great. I warm 2 hands at once. Nearly every client needs this product and I am very proud to offer it.

Vicki x

I'm also amazed at how hard everyone seems to make it. If it isn't completely formulaic then people don't want to know. My first treatment I used a hair drier. Not ideal but fine. My client was hugely impressed that I was offering a brand new treatment and her nails have gone from strength to strength - literally. I bought a cheap lamp and use it with an infra red bulb which is great. I warm 2 hands at once. Nearly every client needs this product and I am very proud to offer it.

Vicki x

Me too. Exactly the same views - I bought an infrared lamp from ebay for £9.95 100watt bulb it is absolutely fine (although I think they have sold out) and I also used a hairdryer for the first two days before I received the lamp - my clients were fully acceptable of it and quite excited that they were going to have a revolutionary new treatment

The bulb in my desk lamp emits a lot of heat and has been perfect for IBX and I already use 2 UV lamps on my desk so it has been no faff or bother to start using IBX and my clients love the fact I have this brand new treatment that is strengthening their nails.

Hi everyone, I would really like to buy some IBX for my clients, but reading on here with all the trouble people seem to have with the lamps etc is it really worth the bother? I have an led lamp of which I am able to cure Gelux, Gelish etc, but I don't have an infra red lamp & don't really want to use a hairdryer, has anyone managed to find something suitable yet? And does it seem to take a lot of gaffing about or is it worth it? The clients I am thinking of have been bad nail biters & their nails are in bad condition, they do not have gels on, just polish.

I think it is totally worth it!!!! IBX can really be a great treatment for all of your customers!!!! We are testing a new type of heat, once we have this testing done and if it works, we will let you all know!!!

Latest posts

Back